Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Forgotten Events

Event 04

by Mikari 0 reviews

Event 04: Best Friends

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Published: 2009-07-17 - Updated: 2009-07-17 - 725 words - Complete

0Unrated
Forgotten Events

Event 04: Best Friends

When you were here...

Recently Sasuke couldn't get his mind of what Itachi had said long ago. To obtain the mangekyo sharingan he had to kill his best friend as Itachi supposedly did. Sasuke knew that, yet he never focused on the idea as much as lately. Perhaps it was because after returning from so many missions together over time, he had started to respect Naruto. He had started to see him as a valuable friend. Maybe it was because he finally had a best friend to kill for power.

Speaking of Naruto, there he was sitting alone at the bridge when Sasuke approached. It felt as if the Hidden Leaf village was deserted save for those two. There were in fact many people, but they were all absorbed in their own business. For a moment, Sasuke considered the thought of eventually having to kill Naruto for power and it just didn't fit. He quietly stood at the bridge next to where Naruto sat.

The blond boy did not turn to face his dark haired friend, but smiled sensing his presence close by.

Sasuke smiled back even if Naruto couldn't see it, or maybe because he couldn't. No, he wouldn't be like Itachi, never. Naruto was too much of a precious friend to let go of. To value friendship, to value the lives of precious people, that was something very different between him and Itachi. He would gain power but he would do it his way.

Naruto looked at Sasuke from the corner of his eyes. He could almost sense that he was troubled, but whatever was bothering him, the Uchiha had apparently sorted it out by himself in just a moment. Smiling once again, Naruto continued to sit in silence.

When you were gone...

Sai was simply unforgivable, Naruto decided that the second he was assigned to Team Kakashi. Yamato was entirely different. He was there to fill Kakashi's position while the copy ninja recovered. Yamato was there to help and support them on a mission; he was not there to try to take anyone's place.

Sai on the other hand, dared to try to replace Sasuke, an irreplaceable friend. Sai could insult Naruto, he could be rude and vulgar, but nothing that he could say would measure up to the offence of trying to steal Sasuke's place.

Sai could attack, he could betray, he could abandon his allies to death or bring death upon them, and if that ally happened to be only Naruto, he could forgive. But the nine tails fox's host could not forgive an offense to his friends. If Sai directed his attacks at Naruto, that could be forgiven, but never at his friends.

Sai was not directly attacking Sasuke, not that he would stand a chance. He was not directly saying he was a replacement, not that he ever could be. Yet he implied it. He implied it to the point where Sakura obviously noticed and even saw similarities between the two.

Naruto was upset. He was quick to correct Sakura and remind her of who Sasuke was. Cool, amazing, Sasuke Uchiha, their friend and team mate, the irreplaceable Sasuke.

One day they would get him back. Then when Sasuke returned and joined them on missions once again, just like before, Sai would be gone from the team. Or maybe, just maybe, he would be allowed to stay for a little while, just so he could see the amazing ninja that Sasuke was. Just so he could know from experience that he could never measure up, let alone replace him.

Even if Sasuke had left the Hidden Leaf village, he would always be a part of their team. Even if he fought Naruto, he would always be a dear friend. Naruto had promised to bring Sasuke back and he would. Because he was irreplaceable, that much Naruto knew for sure.

When I heard from you...

Time passed and Naruto started to get along with Sai, but even if they became friends, he still missed Sasuke. He had developed new jutsus, some for battle and some for his amusement when he trained with Konohamaru. Finally, one day he heard that Sasuke had defeated Orochimaru. Then Naruto was on a journey again, to find his precious friend.

End of Event 04

Disclaimer, I do not own Naruto.
Sign up to rate and review this story