Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Queen Bee

by killxsmile 6 reviews

"I saw you from across the room, dancin' to my favorite tune. Navigatin' through this crowded room. Excuse me, comin' through."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-20 - Updated: 2009-08-20 - 2647 words

3Funny
Author's Note: It's a sad time for Ficwad. Evie (moocow) has decided to retire from fanfiction. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, she was one of the veterans of FOB stories on here. If you like my writing, you have her to thank because she was one of the reasons I went from reading fics to writing them. Anywho, it's really, really sad to see her go. I will miss her dearly.

THANK YOUS
F-A-S-D: Yep. Jack has quite an interesting date in store for Andy XD

danceislife: You'll have to read this chapter to find out if your prediction was correct ;)

somethingorother: "Holding hands is...sigh. Did she ever hold hands with Alex except when in bed holding on for dear life?" That comment made me lmfao. Andy and Alex weren't a very touchy-feely couple outside of the bedroom, so holding hands in pubic is something new to Andy.

doyleangel: Like I told F-A-S-D, Jack has something interesting up his sleeve.


STORY BELOWWW.

“So have you decided where you’re going to take me for our ‘proper’ date?” I asked, cradling my phone against my shoulder as I made myself a sandwich.

“Yes, I have actually.”

“Well are you gonna tell me?”

“Nope.”

“Jaaack,” I whined.

“What? I want it to be a surprise.”

“Alright, but what should I wear? Something fancy? Flame-retardant? Both?”

“I’d love to see you in a fireproof prom dress, but you should wear something you wouldn’t mind getting dirty in.”

Something I wouldn’t mind getting dirty in?

“What do you have up you’re sleeve, Jack?” I asked, knitting my eyebrows together.

“Don’t worry,” he replied. “It’ll be fun, I swear.”

“Okay…”

“Oh shit, speaking of prom dresses, have you bought one yet?”

“Yeah. I went with MJ a few weeks ago.”

“What color is it?”

“Black and white. Why?” I asked, wondering where he was going with this.

“Girls aren’t the only ones who need to buy stuff for prom, Andy.”

“Oh,” I simply replied.

“Yeah, so see you tomorrow. I’ll be there to pick you up around noon.”

Although noon seemed a bit early for a date, I shrugged as “Alright” escaped from my lips.

The next day, he arrived at my house right on time. Following his suggestion, I wore something based on comfort rather than aesthetic factor—a pair of old jeans, a Mickey Mouse t-shirt, and a Hellogoodbye hoodie.

He was wearing pretty much the same thing—-black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a red hoodie—-so I guessed that we were on the same page.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah.”

I grabbed my purse off the table and locked the door behind us.

“So before we go anywhere, I have to ask you something,” I said.

“Alright. What is it?”

“Did MJ threaten you so you’d take me out?” I asked.

“Nope,” Jack replied, shaking his head.

“Seriously?” I said, still skeptical. “Because you can tell me if she did.”

“No, I really wanted to take you out on a date,” he said, taking my hand in his. “But she might have mentioned that if I hurt you in any way whatsoever, she’d gouge out my eyes, staple my mouth shut, and make me wear my ass as a hat. And if I ever talked shit about you, after the whole asshat thing, she’d hunt me down and light me on fire.”

Chuckling, I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t mind MJ. She means well. She just expresses it in weird ways,” I said.

“Yeah,” he laughed. “I figured that much.”

“But just so you know, she’ll come through with her threats if needed.”

“Thanks for the warning,” he said, smiling down at me.

“So where are we going anyways?”

“You’ll see when we get there,” he said, opening the passenger’s door for me.

When he turned on the ignition, his CD player started up mid-song.

She’s buzzin' like a bumble bee
Flyin' all over me
Add it up like a mathematician
I wanna be your new addition


“You're so fly. No lie. And you know this ballin'. One of a kind. Top of the line. Drop dead gorgeous. I saw you from across the room, dancin' to my favorite tune. Navigatin' through this crowded room. Excuse me, comin' through,” Jack sang along.

“I never pegged you as a fan of Nickasaur,” I said, buckling my seatbelt.

“I don’t actually listen to him that much, but I really like this song.”

“Mind if I ask why?”

Don’t get me wrong, I love Nickasaur as much as the next person, but all of his songs sounded pretty much the same.

“God, you’re gonna think I’m a pansy, but this was playing at Justine’s party when I first fell for you.”

By the way his cheeks were turning bright pink, I knew he was telling the truth.

“You’re right. I kinda think you’re a pansy,” I said, chuckling. “But at the same time, I think that’s really sweet.”

For the rest of the drive, Jack and I made random small talk—music, school, parties. Y’know, the usual.

When we reached our destination, my eyes went wide.

“The zoo?” I excitedly asked, as we entered the parking lot.

“Yeah. This was one of the few places in town that wasn’t on your list.”

“You are possibly the awesomest person I know. I haven’t been here in years!” I said, as he pulled into a parking spot.

“Glad to hear it,” he smiled.

When we got out of the car, he quickly slipped his hand into mine. After paying for admission, we hurried through the gates and made our way inside.

For the next 2 hours we ran around like cheetahs with ADD. Polar bears, box turtles, warthogs, chimpanzees, lions, monkeys, vultures, giraffes. You name it, we saw it. And stared at it. And gave it a name. Just ask Moochie the penguin.

“Ha, he looks like me!” Jack exclaimed, pointing at a skunk.

“I bet he smells like you, too,” I joked, ruffling the blonde streak in his hair.

“Well, you look…” he said scanning the exhibit. “Like that!”

Following his finger, I saw that he was pointing at a bat that was hanging upside down in the cave exhibit. But it wasn’t just any bat. It was a freaky looking bat with a wonky eye.

“Take that back!”

“Make me!” he taunted.

I jumped on his back, but he quickly shrugged me off and put me in a headlock. And to top it off, he gave me a noogie.

“Jack, this is not funny!” I said, trying to escape his grasp.

“Then why are you laughing?” he asked.

“Hey, mommy!” a little girl said, tugging on her mother’s skirt with one hand and pointing at Jack and I with the other. “They’re making babies just like the monkeys!”

At this comment, we broke into uncontrollable laughter, and the mother shot us a look of embarrassment before distracting her daughter with the wonky bat.

As Jack continued laughing, his hold on my neck faded into a hug from behind.

“Aww, man. That was fucking classic,” he said, spinning me around to face him. And just as he leaned down to kiss me, my stomach decided to grumble. What perfect timing.

“Hungry?” he asked.

“A little.”

Upon hearing my response, he squatted in front of me and told me to hop on. When I did, a little boy tapped his friend on the shoulder and pointed at us.

“They’re doing it like the warthogs,” he casually commented.

“What’s up with kids these days?” I chuckled as he hooked his arms under my knees and stood upright.

“They know you can’t resist me,” he replied.

“Please. You wish you could get that far with me.”

“Andy, I know I could get that far with you,” he retorted. “I’m just toning down the charm because there are children present.”

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

After 5 or so minutes of fighting over which one of us was resisting the other, we reached Flocker’s Field & Angus Grill. We both ordered cheeseburgers. We both inhaled them. Then we both went running around the zoo once again. Jack and I visited the zebras, ostriches, rhinos, tortoises, and Moochie the penguin (for the second time), then headed toward the camels.

“We can ride them?” I asked, looking at the sign before me.

“Looks like we only have to pay $5,” he said.

And just like that, I dragged him into the line for camel rides.

“You know, you could ride me for free,” he said.

“There are still kids around, Jack,” I commented.

“I was talking about piggyback rides, Andy,” he said, looking down at me. “Sheesh. Get your head out of the gutter.”

I had to give it to Jack. The boy was good.

When we got our turns on the camels, I named mine Jack. And he named his Andy (which was fitting since his was a boy, too).

Soon after this, 4:00 rolled around, meaning that it was closing time. Hand in hand, we headed out to the parking lot, then got into his car.

“What do you think of this date so far?” he asked.

“It’s…” probably the best date I’ve ever been on “…alright.”

“I’ll take what I can get,” he said, brightly smiling despite my abbreviated answer.

“Where are we going now?”

“Well remember how I said that you should wear something you wouldn’t mind getting dirty in?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s where we’re going.”

Thinking about this statement, I tried to remember all the places I’d listed for Jack. Paintball made sense, but I specifically remembered that I’d put that down right after the skating rink.

“What are you thinking so hard about?” he asked, glancing over at me.

“Where you’re taking me.”

“You could have just asked.”

“You’re making it that easy?”

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“Okay, where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“What?”

“Hey, I said you could ask. I never said anything about me answering.”

“You’re such a buttmuncher.”

“Yeah, but you like this buttmuncher. A lot.”

“How would you know?”

“MJ told me,” he replied, smirking.

“Ugh,” I sighed in defeat. “Remind me to kill her on Monday.”

“Ha! I was bluffing! And you sooo like me,” he said, grinning like an idiot. A very smart idiot.

“I—You—Ugh,” I crossed my arms over my chest as heat rose to my face.

“It’s okay, Andrea. I like you a lot, too.”

It was insane how easily Jack could get my stomach in knots. As he continued driving, I could feel myself turning a hundred shades of red.

Before I had time to process how hard I was falling for the dork in the driver’s seat, the aforementioned dork had put his turn signal on.

“Car wash?”

“Yeah, sorry,” he said, making the turn. “I’ve been putting this off for way too long.”

“Alright.”

“I’ll be back before you know it,” he said, parking the car.

“Promise?”

“Cross my heart and hope to die.”

With that, he planted a kiss on my cheek, then went inside to pay for the car wash. As he walked away, I couldn’t help but think that he was up to something. I just couldn’t figure out what it was.

“Didja miss me?” he asked, returning to his seat in record time.

“Of course.”

“Good,” he said, starting the engine once again. “Hey, this doesn’t have power windows, so could you roll yours down for me?”

“Jack, we’re about to go through a car wash.”

“I know,” he replied, as if it was the sanest idea in the world.

“Wait, is this part of our date?”

“Maaaybe,” he said.

“You definitely get points for creativity,” I said, rolling down the passenger’s side window.

“I should get some points for thoughtfulness, too. After all, I could have told you to wear something really nice. Or all white. Or both,” he said as we neared the entrance.

“Holy shit, here it comes!” he said.

“That’s what she said!” I laughed as we were sprayed with water.

A few minutes later, the Toyota was shiny and spotless. Jack and I, on the other hand, were soapy and soaked.

“Now that we’re all clean, ready for the next part of our date?”

“I think I can handle anything you throw at me,” I chuckled.

“Damn, I should have gone with the hot wax.”

“We can save it for another day. After all this is only our first official date.”

“True,” he replied, parking the car.

At this point, his antics were beyond questioning. Without a word he popped the trunk and got out once again. But this time, he returned with a pair of bathrobes.

“Thanks,” I said as he tossed the fuzzy pink one to me. “You really thought about this, didn’t you?”

“Pretty much,” he replied as I slipped it on.

“It’s greatly appreciated.”

“Why, thank you. It’s nice to know that my efforts haven’t gone unnoticed,” he said, putting the fluffy blue one and getting back into the driver’s seat.

15 or so minutes later, we found ourselves in the Wendy’s parking lot.

“I still can’t believe you’ve never eaten here,” he said, getting out of the car.

“I don’t eat fast food very often.”

“But it’s not fast food. It’s Wendy’s.”

“Did they pay you to say that?” I asked as he opened the door for me.

“How do you think I’m paying for dinner?” he replied, laughing.

As we got in line, we earned our share of confused looks from the patrons inside. I guess drenched teenagers in bathrobes aren’t a very common sight in restaurants these days.

Eventually we got to the front of the line. The girl behind the register looked baffled at our appearance, but Jack and I played it off as nothing. He got a chicken club while I got a fish fillet sandwich.

When we looked for a table, I was surprised to see MJ and Kenny in the corner, waving at us.

“Hey guys. What’s up?” I asked, taking a seat across from her.

“I should be asking you that question,” she said, chuckling. “What happened to you two? You’re so fucking wet.”

“That’s what she said!” Jack and I said at the same time.

Kenny laughed, MJ rolled her eyes, and Jack took a seat next to me.

“I’m not even gonna bother asking again,” MJ said, laughing while shaking her head.

“You guys are something else,” Kenny commented before taking a sip of his Coke.

“We know,” Jack said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

Three words can sum up what I was thinking: Best. Date. EVER.


+++++
As usual RATE & REVIEW if you want more.

Q&A #9: What do you guys think about the CIWWAF break up? And what's going on with the Cab?

I really liked their first album, but I never really followed Cute that closely, so I feel indifferent. According to Dave Melillo, Shaant's attitude and work ethic were big problems for the band. I liked Dave's solo EP, so I'm hoping that he goes back to that.

The Cab seems to be losing members fast. First Ian left, now Cash has called it quits. Whisper War was a really good album, so I'm wondering what they're going to now.

PS. In regards to Q&A #8: for those of you who haven't listened to Say Anything, I demand that you check them out. Fo real.
Sign up to rate and review this story