Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Saltwater Room

by killxsmile 8 reviews

"What will it take to make or break this sense of love? We need time. Only time."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-22 - Updated: 2009-08-22 - 1228 words

1Moving
THANK YOUS
doyleangel: Yep. Andy had a lot of fun on her date with Jack. Cliche as it sounds, Jack cares more about Andy than his car, so the car wash with the windows down wasn't much of a problem.

I know! The Cab only has 3 Alexs and Bryan Dawson as a replacement guitarist.

ash360: Haha. I agree the little girl at the zoo was classic.

I found out that Cute was breaking up through Twitter. It was either AP magazine or friendsorenemies that posted an interview with Dave Melillo about it.

somethingorother: I don't know about Lincoln Park Zoo. I haven't been there since I was little.

The Cab is still a band. At the moment it's the 3 Alexs, and a guitarist named Bryan Dawson.

danceislife: lol. You owe The Cab Money.

lmao. If you're on Mibba, you're ahead of the game. It's a lot easier to just post there, so I'm thinking about slowly transitioning to just that site. I've been on ficwad for more than 3 years now, but it's such a hassle to update on here. Plus the ratings system does not work.

Psassy2: Aww, thank you! I'm glad the last chapter was one of your favorites. I was cracking up in front of my laptop when I wrote it.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: As you may have read in my response to danceislife above. I have been thinking about fully converting to mibba.com to post my stories, rather than here on ficwad. Although I've been here since the summer of '06, I've been thinking that it's time for a change. The FOB section on here just isn't what it used to be. So be on the lookout for me on mibba. My name is erratic on there. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be sticking around over here.

When/if I decide to make the switch, I'll tell you guys ASAP.


STORYYY

Time together is just never quite enough
When you and I are alone, I’ve never felt so at home
What will it take to make or break this hint of love?
We need time, only time—


Lifting my head from my pillow, I openly cursed the invention of cellular phones. “Who the fuck…”

Lifting the device out from under my pillow, I saw that MJ was calling.

“EMERGENCY! DUDE! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW!”

“Slow the fuck down, MJ,” I groggily responded, rubbing sleep from the corners of my eyes.

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just that I need your help. ASAP.”

“What’s up?” I asked, thrown off by her apprehension.

“I need to borrow your zebra ballet flats.”

“That’s all? You need to borrow my shoes?” I asked, baffled by her urgency.

“Well if I asked you normally, you wouldn’t have gotten out of bed. And I need them.”

“Now?” I asked, looking at the time. “It’s 7am.”

“I don’t need them now. I need them later. Like noon.”

“Is this the pot paranoia that the health teachers talked about?”

“Shut up and just find those shoes for me.”

“Alright, alright. I’m on it,” I said sitting up.

“Trust me. I’ll know if you aren’t.”

“Okay. I’ll do it now and see you at noon.”

“Alright. Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

That being said, I reluctantly peeled myself out of bed and walked toward the corner of my room where I usually kept my shoes. Strangely enough, there was an empty space between my red high tops and my teal Keds. Well, technically it wasn’t empty. There was a Post-It note stuck to the floor where my flats should have been. Stooping down, I picked up the bright yellow piece of paper and read it.

Look under the bed.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I did as the square sheet said. Underneath my bed, next to an old sock and a shoebox full of Pokémon cards, I found another note.

Check the bathroom.

I still had no idea why MJ had decided to send me on a treasure hunt at 7 in the morning, but I went along with it nonetheless. So with a tired sigh, I headed off to the bathroom.

Stuck to the shower curtain was yet another note.

Search the living room.

Looking around, I noticed another sticky square on the coffee table.

Go to the basement.

Still utterly confused, but thoroughly intrigued, I ventured downstairs. At the bottom of the railing, I found another Search the kitchen.

Skewing my mouth to the side, I went back up the stairs and followed the note’s directions. Scanning the kitchen, I quickly spotted a note on the refrigerator door.

Open me.

“Alright,” I quietly said before pulling on the silver handle.

And there they were. Between the soymilk and the loaf of whole wheat bread, were my zebra flats. For a moment I stood there, just staring at them, smiling like an idiot. I couldn’t believe I didn’t figure it out sooner.

“He even got MJ in on this…”

I grabbed my shoes, and surely enough, there was a Post-It inside the left one.

Run to the backyard.

This was something that I gladly did. In my haste, I practically crashed through the sliding glass door that led outside.

When Jack’s eyes met mine, a wide grin spread across his face.

“Took you long enough,” he commented, teddy bear in hand. “Happy 1 month anniversary.”

“We’ve only been going out for two weeks,” I noted as he pulled me into a hug

“I started counting after we went on our first date,” he explained, chuckling as he did so.

“You’re such a cornball when it comes to this stuff,” I said, unable to stop smiling.

“But by the huge grin on your face and the amazing kiss that you’re gonna give me in a few seconds, I’m pretty sure that you like it.”

Chuckling, I took the teddy bear and started walking away from him.

“Wait, what?” he asked, clearly confused about what had just happened.

“Just stay where you are,” I said, setting the bear on the ground.

As I turned around, he gave me a weird look, but kept his distance nonetheless. With a smile I ran toward Jack and launched myself toward him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, I pressed my lips to his.

“You’re insane,” he chuckled, in between kisses.

“I know,” I said, still grinning.

Due to lack of oxygen, we eventually had to pull away from each other. Jack contently held me to his chest and rested his forehead against mine.

“Was that amazing enough for you?” I asked.

“More than enough.”

I gave him a quick peck on the corner of his mouth before unwrapping my legs from his waist. He slowly set me down, but kept his arms around me.

“So is there anything else you have in store for today?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Yes, actually.”

“Wanna fill me in?”

“Andrea, is your memory really that bad?” he asked, chuckling.

I opened my mouth to respond, but realization set in before words left my throat.

“World’s best French toast?” I asked.

“Bingo.”

+++++

[RATE & REVIEW] if you want more.

Q&A #10: How do you feel about me converting over to mibba rather than staying on ficwad?
Sign up to rate and review this story