Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Cho Potter

Cho Potter

by Myroastbeefa 0 reviews

When a marriage law gets in the way of true love (I was single anyway!) Harry is unamused (not true!) He finds himself matched with a ravenclaw seeker (A hot one!)

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-08-21 - Updated: 2009-08-21 - 1359 words - Complete

-1Cliche
(A/N: I know a lot of thinks here are OC and also? I don't own HP)
Dear Harry,
How are you? I'm good. I've been having a good holiday here. I arrived at The Burrow today, but I haven't had a chance to catch-up yet. So why? I hear you ask, am I writing to you when I haven't spoken much to anybody else yet? The answer is because I've been doing Research on Occlumency. By pure coincidence we were staying in Wales near the wizarding village of Upper Flagly. I had a look in the bookshop and bought these two books. I obviously read them and I hope you will to. It should be easier to learn Occlumency then. Right, I'm going to have a chat with Ginny now, catch you later!
Hermione

Harry stared at this totally Un-Hermioneish letter before slipping his hand inside the packet to pull out to books. One was yellow, and had 'Occlumency for Dummies' on it, the other was grey and the title was 'Strengthening Your Shields'. Harry looked at the clock quickly. He only had two minutes. He stashed his books under the floorboards before apparating with a crack to the living room. The Dursleys all jumped out of the seats, before sitting back down again.
"I'm going now, seeya." It was the end of another stretched holiday with the Dursleys. When Voldemort had passed on, Harry, Ron and Hermione had stayed to take NEWTS and for Harry, his apparation test. He and Ginny had dated for the time at Hogwarts, they should have been perfect. But they fell apart at the seams after a disagreement led to a debate which led to an arguement which led to a row which finally led to a shouting match. They decided that they just weren't made for each other. Now he was free, and single. And Dumbledore was late. He checked Fabian Prewitts watch again. He couldn't stop looking at his watch today. And there was just one other thing, a Marriage Law. It was to be expected really, the people who had been lost in the fight. But he was an adult, and Dumbledore was taking him to a Wizengamot conference that would list the new couples. He had to give credit to them though. They had looked at their OWL Results, Career Guidance meeting, extra-curricular activities, houses, ages and conducted interveiws. Today was the day. The readings of the couples. They were reading all the age groups out individually. Anyone over forty five. Got away with being single. It was irritating. He considered who he knew in the year below. Colin Creevey, Luna and Ginny. That would be interesting. Then witha POP that made Harry jump, Dumbledore appeared.
"Ready for today Harry?"
"No."
And then with a POP they were gone.
They apparated right into the atrium. Then, without pausing, they strode towards the lifts and pressed for the Department of Mysteries. They had an uneventful ride down, if you don't count Dumbledore getting whacked in the head by a memo and him looking at it dolefully. When the cool female voice announced the level, they got out (being chased by memos) and headed to the court rooms. The full Wizengamot was sitting there. Lee Jordan was there with a recorder, probably to record the popular Potterwatch. Then, there was every single single person under forty-five. Charlie was there from Romania, Tonks was making herself blonde, Ron was fiddling with his robes. Harry sat down with Ron and Hermione while Dumbledore took his place in the Wizengamot. Then a reedy wizard began speaking.
"We as the Wizengamot have motioned and passed The Marriage law of the twenty-first century. The law requires couples matched here today to be married in two months or less. The woman should be pregnant in six or less months from today. We will now read out the matches from this piece of paper in two age groups, under thirties and under forties. If your match is not to your taste it's tough. Once we call out your name it is a binding magical contract to the person involved. Once you leave this room you will be required to meet to talk with the person involved. If you can leave once your name is called please. Under-thirties!
Abott, Hannah - Finch-Fletchely, Justin
Bones, Susan - Corner, Micheal
Boot, Terry - Patil, Parvarti
Brown, Lavender - Longbottom, Neville
Bulstrode Millicent - Flint, Marcus
Chang, Cho - Potter, Harry"
There was an outbreak of whispering as Harry got up at the same time as Cho and met her in the middle. They walked to the doors and into the hall where five couples were whispering. The slytherins were grunting at each other and Lavender was flaring at Neville, but the other three looked reasonably happy at the way things had turned out. He hadn't really processed the information that Cho Chang was going to be his wife yet. Seconds later Colin Creevey walked through the door with Luna, they were chatting happily about Nargles and their photographic opportunities. He was expecting Hermione first because her last name was a G, and was shocked when Ron entered the hall accompanied by Marietta Edgecombe. Seamus came soon after, matched with Alicia Spinnet. And then Hermione was there, with a rather shocked Ernie Macmillan in tow.
"We'll call everybody later," Said Harry tugging Cho, "Let's go!"

Harry had bought a flat and that's where Harry, Cho, Ron, Marietta, Hermione and Ernie were now sitting. In silence. Suddenly there was a puff of smoke and a flash of feathers. Harry grabbed the piece of charred parchment falling through the air. Harry caught it and read:
Molly's Flooing You Now
Harry turned to the fire while the others passed round the note. He saw a flash and he could have sworn he saw Mrs. Weasley's head before there was a loud POP and she appeared clearly in the fire. She was still chuckling from earlier.
"I'll just tell you straight forwardly. Bill is already married. Charlie is marrying...TONKS! Percy is matched with Emmeline Vance, you know who I mean. Fred is with Katie Bell and George with Angelina Johnson. Fred is annoyed and so is Lee. They think George got lucky. Ginny is Marrying Marcus Belby? You know him? You do Harry, the Slug Club. She doesn't think she got it too bad though." Mrs Weasley said quickly.
"So, who's the Minister's Wife?"
"Amelia Bones."
"What!" Hermione shrieked.
"Malfoy?"
"Astoria Greengrass."
"What about her older sister, Daphne?"
"Blaise Zabini."
Molly left soon after.
"Shall we play a game?" Suggested Marietta. Harry readily agreed and the two of them forced the others to play.
"Now this is 'Strip the Bottle,' Said Marietta. The other five groaned.
"What you have to do is spin the bottle 'till it lands on somebody, when it does you say strip of dare. They can choose. If it's strip, they have to take of clothing. If it's dare, you have to dare them." Ron looked like he was warming up to the idea of marrying her.
Ernie conjured a bottle and spun. It landed on Ron.
"Dare," He said.
"I dare you to kiss Marietta on the lips for 10 seconds. Ron leaned over and kissed her, neither opened their mouths, for 10 seconds. Ernie looked disappointed. Ron spun the bottle and it landed on Hermione.
"Strip!" She said at once not risking a dare. She took off her socks.
All the males looked disappointed this time. She spun the bottle and it landed on Cho. Cho took her socks off and spun the bottle. It landed on Ernie.
This game continued until everybody had used up their dares and taken their socks off. Ron had just had his go and revealed an impressive muscled chest. Marietta was still swooning. He spun the bottle and it landed on Harry. He stripped his shirt off. Cho's eyes increased about an inch. Then the bottle landed on Marietta. She stripped her shirt off no problem. That was when Harry bought in the firewhisky and forgot. The next day bought a severe headache.
Sign up to rate and review this story