Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Cho Potter

Quidditch Practise

by Myroastbeefa 0 reviews

A mock quidditch match helps them all get closer and they sit down for a chat about the wedding

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Cho,Ernie,Harry,Hermione,Marietta Edgecombe,Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-08-21 - Updated: 2009-08-21 - 1018 words

-1Predictable
Here's part 2! And I know this thing with the marriage law is unoriginal, but I love the idea and I wanted use it. So try and see past the unoriganal stuff, please.



Okay, he was trying to work out while he felt so bad. He was engaged to a hot ravenclaw seeker and he had to have a kid with her. Maybe it was because he wasn't in love with her. But he was falling in love, so that couldn't be it. Oh, he knew know! It was because, although he was an adult his life was still being planned out for him. Grumbling he got off the couch and took a shower. The girls were sharing the bedroom, luckily for him he had another two sofas. Ron was snoring but the other sofa was empty. He wandered into the kitchen. Ernie was frying bacon, he levitated an egg and cracked it on the side before letting it spill into the pan. He did this a second time with another egg. Ernie thanked him. He summoned another pan and started frying onions as he began chatting with Ernie. The rest of them stumbled into the kitchen about nine to eleven. All of then were bleary eyed except Hermione who looked refreshingly smart, as usual. She kissed Ernie on the cheek before going to set the table and Harry swore he blushed a little. Breakfast was served as Ron, the sleeper, sat down with a THUMP at the table. He yawned.
"Hey," Harry said to his fiancee reminded of their mutual interest,"There's an abandoned quidditch pitch a few miles away. Wanna practise?"
Cho agreed and soon, what was going to be a race to the snitch turned into a full-blown match. It was he, Marietta and Ernie against Cho, Ron and Hermione. Marietta and Ernie were okay, Cho, Ron and himself were good and Hermione was awful. So they were as well matched as they could be. Harry had his own trunk of quidditch balls and so they trudged up to the pitch. The pitch had a hut full of Cleansweep 5's and everyone took one, even Harry. They had agreed that riding his firebolt would make the teams unfair. Harry released the snitch and Cho threw up the quaffle, before they both flew up to look for the snitch. Ron had been elected half-chaser because of Hermione not being able to sit the right way round on her broomstick, never mind scoring. He had elected Marietta as Keeper because he had seen Ernie fly before when a Hufflepuff Chaser had to go off. He assured her it was nothing personal. In the toss up Ernie caught the quaffle (which was to be expected) and flew towards the goal. He flew all the way there easily and made a weak pass at the goal which Ron saved easily. Ron chucked the quaffle to Hermione who wobbled towards Marietta's goal (which was something at least) Ron flew alongside her and she greatfully passed the quaffle to him. Ron soared towards the other goal. Harry appeared out of the skies and blocked him, Ron was forced to pass back to Hermione. The quaffle slipped through her fingers and into Ernies. It was a race back to the goal as Ernie and Ron put the Cleansweeps through their paces. 2 metres to the goal, Ernie realised it was now or possibly never and lobbed the ball at the goal. Harry was relieved to her the clang which meant it had gone in. He had started his sweep of the pitch again and with a flutter of excitementn he dived the other way. Cho followed him, Hermione squeaked. The ground was rushing up to him and face contorting, he swerved. Cho screamed and pulled up her broomstick. But the Cleansweeps simply weren't fast enough. She crashed. However, she hadn't been in a full vertical dive and her worse injury was a bruise on her elbow. She scowled at Harry who was a blur at the other end of the pitch. He was a centimetres, millimetres. He stretched out his arm and grasped the golden snitch in his hand. He yelled out to the others who stopped the game. He swooped down to the trunk and put the snitchback in its holder. The bludgers were straining to get out. Ron handed him the quaffle and he shut the trunk. Everybody was tired, sweaty and pleasently surprised that they were getting on so well. They headed back to Harry's, and they ended up spending the day there. Cho and Hermione cooked lunch to thank their boyfriends for breakfasts. Nobody was that impressed with Ron and Marietta but they promised to make dinner. Lunch was delicious, sliced mushrooms cooked in garlic sauce with a creamy sauce with them.
Then was the small problem of what to do after lunch. Ernie and Hermione, ever the bookworms went to the living room to read books. Ron wanted to eat, so Marietta went to help him cook something. Harry and Cho were left with themselves and their coffee.
"So..." She said uncomfortably.
"You're a tornadoes fan, right?" Harry asked trying to break the ice.
She gave him a suspicious look. He couldn't blame her. Last time she had discussed her being a tornadoes fan with him, his best friend had verbally attacked her about it.
"Congrats for winning the season!" He smiled. Her face relaxed.
"Yeah, it was a tough one with the Arrows but I think we did brilliant!" They smiled together at finally breaking the ice.
"Cho," He said seriously, "Are you OK with discussing our wedding, because we need to discuss the details."
She nodded.
"Okay, so do you think, big or small or micro?"
"Medium Harry, I don't want a gazibo and waitors and a band. But I do want to walk down the aisle, so Medium." Cho answered. "Okay," Harry summoned some paper and started to write notes.
"It's your choice too." Said Cho quietly causing him to look up and smile at her. Maybe this wasn't going to be so difficult after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story