Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Cho Potter

Planning for the Wedding

by Myroastbeefa 0 reviews

Harry takes a backseat as the wedding is planned

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Cho,Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-08-21 - Updated: 2009-08-21 - 752 words

0TrainWreck
Harry Potter was a very happy man. He had an exceedingly beautiful fiancee, two best friends, a flat, a gorgeous house being built on a Caribbean island and to top it all off, a wedding. He knew his parents would be proud. And what was better? His friends had both started to accept and love their partners too. Harry, although he would never admit it, thought about all the people he could of been matched with and thanked his lucky stars again and again for landing him with Cho. The novelty of having everyone live with him had started to wear off. More than once, he had argued with the boys over the shower. He just wanted some alone time with the woman who would be his bride. Cho was radient on the outside, but he could feel her pulsing need to be with hin by herself and unlock the key to him that had fell into her hands entirely by accident. So the day after the quidditch match, Harry called an estate agent based in the Caribbean. He had been able to direct Harry for contractors. And now, after a lot of work, Harry's own dream house was being built. But a week had passed and time was jumping in leaps and bounds. Whenever Harry found himself in this world it was looking at another pretty church or tasting another canapee from the selection the wizarding wedding organiser was holding. Overall he enjoyed the panic and chaos everyone else was in but then somebody actually remembered to tell him the date.
April 9th. In one week.
He sought out Cho.
"Why didn't you tell me the date was in a week!" He said, upset.
"Harry, I've been trying to keep myself out of it as much as I can. I just approve stuff. I've lost count of how many times that Wedding Organizer has told us the wedding is in one week and we're pushing it. So by the looks of it, you havn't been paying that much attention either."
One thing Harry did help with was the Guest List. Hermione, Ron, all the Weasleys, most of the order, most of the DA (no way is Zacharius Smith coming to my wedding) Cho's parents and nearly all of the old and new Gryffindor and Ravenclaw teams. All the invites were addressed to the person and guest. That way he wouldn't need to invite everybody's fiancees as well. The invitation was a creamy parchment with symbol of the hallows on. This had been Harry's request. Cho had requested a broomstick beneath it. The invitation went something like this:
Dear (example name) and guest,
You are invited to attend the wedding of Harry James Potter and Cho Hyu Chang by the law of marriage. The ceremony will take place on the 9th of April at the Flower Church in Mausi, Hampshire. Please R.S.V.P via Hedwig or one of your own owls.
Thank You,
Harry and Cho

It was unknown to nearly everybody who received one that Harry and Cho had never seen one of them. They were continuing their regime of talking when spoken to and had taken to setting on his couch watching their patronuses play together. They were closer now, they could kiss on the mouth now. They could understand and relate to one another. Hermione called it love, Ron called it a mutual crush. Harry and Cho preferred Ron's thinking for once. Harry, as close to the backseat as you could get, was feeling the pressure. To distract himself he read the wedding invitations that he had received. The first was from Ron, it was totally informal with purple (Marietta's choice) and orange (Chudley Cannons, what did you think) stripes across the page. Hermione's was scary formal and the writing curled across the page neatly. On the whole he preferred he and Cho's. It was tidy but not very, and was not sloppy.
He yawned. He would much rather go to bed and get an early night than go to his stag do. But, none the less, he heaved out of his chair and trotted off to his do.
Cho was having a much better time of it. The disco was roaring and she was downing the drink. In the room next door, Harry, Ron, Ernie, Neville and a lot of the others were crushed along the wall listening to the party next door wondering if that whoop was their beloved and downing the drink. Ah well.
Sign up to rate and review this story