Categories > TV > WWE > So Much More Than Meets The Eye

Prison Breaks And Punishments

by RhiannonLeighBlack 0 reviews

Category: WWE - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-08-22 - Updated: 2009-08-22 - 2577 words - Complete

0Unrated
"First thing's first--we're breaking you out of here for a day."

Nightingale stared incredulously at her caretaker, as he unlocked the door and motioned her out.

"Breaking me out?"

"As in, you're getting out of this warehouse. We're going on a field trip."

"But--I--I can't! I'm not allowed out, if someone tells--"

"See, I figured you might say that, so we're going to make sure nobody recognizes you." Punk replied, smiling widely.

Nightingale stared.

"There's no way you'll be able to pull that off. None."

"I'm hurt Nightingale, you underestimate me. Come on, you've been cooped up in here for God knows how long, you deserve a day outside. You in or not?"

...You're an idiot if you turn this down...but he doesn't realize what's going to happen when Raven finds out...

"Nightingale?"

"Alright, fine, I'm in."

"Awesome, come on, I don't think Gypsy will mind if you borrow from her closet--you and she appear to be about the same size."

"Okay."

Nightingale glanced down at the dress she was wearing today--wine colored crushed velvet. The sleeves were puffed at the shoulders, tight to her arms until the fabric reached her elbows, and then the sleeves flared out into a bell shape. It was knee length, and there were holes in the hem--just like there were holes in the toes of her tattered boots.

I hope Gypsy's clothes are in better shape than mine...

The two made their way down the hall towards Gypsy's room, to find her still working with the tarot cards, fully clothed this time.

"Hey Punk--oh, hi Nightingale. What are you two up to?"

"Nothing."

"You speak lies, I see that evil gleam in your eyes Phil, I know you're up to something."

"Alright, I'm going to take Nightingale on a little field trip, but we're going to have to do it secretly and obviously with her clothing she's going to be extremely conspicuous and--"

"And you were wondering if she could borrow some of my clothes?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind..."

"Nah, it's cool."

Punk flashed a wide smile at the blonde, swooping down to hug her.

"Thank you so much!"

Gypsy smiled, squeezing the brunette man briefly.

"Go pick her out something--I'm going to do a reading for her."

"Oh, you don't have to do that, really--" Nightingale started, but Gypsy waved her off.

"Nonsense! Do you know anything about Tarot?"

Nightingale blushed, and shook her head no.

"Well then this will be a learning experience!"

Gypsy beamed, as she began to lay out cards.

"The first card represents the circumstances surrounding your current situation, and yours is The Hanged Man. In the upright position, he symbolizes self sacrifice, either material or emotional, and an ability to adapt to changing circumstances. It also represents a time of limbo or a pause in life until something or perhaps someone is given up for greater gain. It heralds a trial of passage, hence the self-sacrifice."

Nightingale nodded, knowing this was dead on. She was in limbo right now as far as she was concerned.

"The second card represents what is blocking or going against you--which for you is The Devil. In this case we must presume it to be negative since it is going against you. Negative associations include entrapment, lust, greed, ignorance, anger, tyranny and obsession. The Devil symbolizes lust of the flesh, temptation and addiction. It warns against obsession and people that are no good for us."

In other words Gypsy, you just described Raven.

"The third card represents your conscious thoughts--oooh this is a good one! You got The Star. It represents hope, generosity, serenity, wishes coming true, good health and spiritual awareness. It's a welcome card when bringing insight to the future, optimism and hope, and unexpected gifts. It heralds good times for many things, artistic or educational endeavors, travel, health, etc."

Of course they are--I consciously think about getting out of here for good most of the time.

"The fourth card represents your subconscious thoughts--oooh another good one! The Moon, which represents imagination, unexpected possibilities, and illumination. When this one appears it will be a time of highly charged emotions and confusion--but despite any fears you may have, the light of the moon will illuminate the way and even if the path you are on is tough, all will turn out right in the end."

Nightingale smiled widely at this, her hopes rising. If Gypsy was even half as good as Raven seemed to think with her readings, then she might have hope of life after him.

"The fifth card represents influences from your immediate past--and yet another major arcana card...hmmm...anyway, you got Strength, which symbolizes strength of course, along with willpower, compassion, patience, courage, triumph and fortitude. It signifies triumph over most things, be they challenges in your relationships or career, or even defending yourself against jealousy, ignorance and oppression. It warns of missed opportunities, and not to give up when you could be so close to the finish line."

Interesting...if that's the past, I wonder what the future is?

"The sixth card represents your immediate future--The Lovers--ooooh sounds like someone's about to get some action! The Lovers in the upright position represent desire, new lover, relationships, physical attraction, love, sex and commitment. They symbolize that a new love is going to enter your life even if you can't see where from--you're in for a surprise. It also symbolizes an important choice that could affect the rest of your life. They herald a choice between duty versus your heart's desire, take a risk and it could lead to greater happiness, emotional fulfillment, stay dutiful and life will remain the same. This card means that your heart rules your head and a dramatic change of attitude will lead to happier times."

Gypsy looked up to find Nightingale's gaze focused on the floor, her cheeks bright red.

"Ahem...moving right along, card number 7 represents how you see yourself, and you got the...High Priestess. She is the guardian of secrets so when she appears in a reading it can mean a secret is to be revealed or there is a secret that you wish to be revealed. When she appears it suggests you should trust your instincts, and let your intuition be your guide. So basically...you've got a skeleton in the closet."

Gypsy eyed the redhead, the gears in her mind turning, already plotting a way to knock Raven's pet off her pedestal.

"Card number 8 represents how others see you. The Heirophant, inverted. In this case, it symbolizes feeilng stifled by others wanting you to conform to their expectations rather than being yourself, and not wanting to take more traditional options. So people think you're oppressed."

Oh if they only knew...

"Card number 9 represents your hopes and fears--The Tower, inverted...dude, that's got to be probably the worst card to get, but at least it isn't foretelling your immediate future. Negative assocations with this card include sudden change, downfall, disruption and disaster. It warns of unnecessary suffering. You may be falsely accused of something and suffer some form of imprisonment or isolation."

Sweet Jesus...she nailed it...

"Finally, the 10th card represents your outcome, and it's closely linked with your immediate future, which was card 6--and you got The Sun. You should really be relieved, especially after getting an inverted Tower...anyway, positive assocations with this card include happiness, greatness, enlightenment, vitality, good health, love and fulfillment. Simply one of the best if not the best cards in the entire Tarot--the sun is a most welcome card and a signal of very happy, joyous times. It can represent holidays, good news around children or perhaps news or the conception or birth of a much wanted baby. It heralds a time of fun with friends and family and agreeable companionships and relationships. Ultimately the Sun dispels negativity and promises of a happy ending."

Nightingale was just about to express her immense gratitude to the blonde, when a pile of clothing was dropped into her lap.

"Go change into these, and meet me out in the hall when you're ready to go." Punk grinned.

Nightingale nodded, and made her way back to the room she shared with Raven. Punk meandered out into the hallway to wait for her, neither of them noticing the devilish smile that had settled onto Gypsy's face as she gathered up the cards.

I think I might have found a way to kill two birds with one stone...


Gypsy waited by the window, watching until she saw Punk and a completely unrecognizable Nightingale walk out of the warehouse and down the street.

After searching through some of Tripp's dirty laundry, she found enough money to make a phone call from the pay phone.

"Hey, Riggs? It's Gypsy...I need a way to get in touch with Raven, like now...of course it's urgent you idiot, I wouldn't have asked how to reach him if it weren't!"

-

Nightingale smiled in her sleep, snuggled under a new blanket, her head resting on a new pillow.

She'd swiped Raven's bank card before she and Punk had left earlier that day, so she'd been able to buy a few necessities, including the things for the "first aid kit" she kept inside her cage. Raven was harsh when he gave out punishments, and as soon as he left the room, Nightingale was left to clean up the mess as best she could.

So she was unpleasantly surprised when the door was thrown open loudly, and the overhead light was switched on. Raven stalked into the room, closely followed by Gypsy and Tripp. He glared into the cage at Nightingale, before motioning someone in.

Nightingale bit her tongue to keep from screaming. Sick Boy and Riggs dragged Punk into the room, stopping at the closet door. There, his hands were tied in place above his head, and his sneaker clad feet were duct taped to the floor.

"Punk, I know you didn't realize that you weren't supposed to take my song bird out of the warehouse. It was an honest mistake, which is why I'm allowing you to keep your assignment. However innocent it may have been, you still screwed up, big time, and for that you must be punished. Tripp, you have already proven your loyalty and worth to me. Gypsy, you have proven your loyalty. Now I need you to prove your obedience."

Raven went to the chest of drawers next to his bed, opening the bottom one. Nightingale cringed, knowing this was where the most painful weapons were kept. She stared with bated breath as Raven carefully selected the weapon. She turned her head away when she saw that he'd extracted a Cat O'Nine Tails.

He handed the torture device to Gypsy.

"Give him ten lashes."

At this point, Nightingale sat on her knees at the cage door, gripping the bars so hard that her knuckles were turning white.

No! He doesn't deserve this!

Gypsy stared at the leather contraption that had been placed in her hand for a moment, hesitating.

"DO IT!" Raven snapped.

This was all it took--Gypsy obeyed instantly, bringing the harsh device down across Punk's bare back.

Screams of excruciating pain resonated throughout the room, along with the crack of the leather--once. Twice. A third time. Finally Nightingale could take no more.

"STOP! PLEASE, STOP! I'M BEGGING YOU, PLEASE!"

Raven turned, and fixed a steely gaze on his pet--she was weeping openly, her green eyes wide with fear, silently pleading for sympathy.

"Why?"

"He doesn't deserve this...he didn't know...please, if you have to punish anyone, punish me, I'll take the rest of the lashings, anything, just please let him go!"

Raven studied her for a moment.

"One week inside the cage--you get out only to go to the bathroom and to bathe. Gypsy will be enforcing this while I'm away, and if she calls me to come back again, there will be hell to pay, and he won't be the only one getting punished."

"Alright."

This seemed to placate Raven, and he gave the signal to cut Punk down, before stalking to the cage and kneeling down next to where Nightingale sat, weeping.

"I hope you enjoyed that little excursion, song bird. If this happens again, you'll be standing next to him, understood?"

Nightingale nodded, quickly swiping away a few tears. She heard the ties being severed, and the duct tape being ripped off. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Punk fall to his knees, as Sick Boy and Riggs exited the room.

Raven turned to Gypsy and smiled at her.

"I'm proud of you, this is the kind of loyalty that gets you far in the Flock. Keep an eye on them while I'm gone."

And with that, Raven walked out of the room. Gypsy looked on out the door, listening to his thunderous footsteps as they went downstairs. As soon as the warehouse door slammed she glanced to Nightingale.

"I don't know what kind of power you hold over him, but I'd kill to have it."

The redhead glared coldly at her.

"You have no idea what the price is, and just for the record, you don't appreciate your freedom at all. You take it for granted, and your attitude will be your downfall."

Gypsy stared incredulously at the caged woman, before storming out the door.

"Punk, can you make it over to the cage door?"

"I can try..."

It took every ounce of energy that the tattooed man had to make it over to the cage door, and he winced, crying out in agony as he collapsed in front of it. Seconds later, the pain began to dull, as small hands worked vaseline mixed with liniment into the gashes on his back.

"It's not much, but the vaseline will close and waterproof the wounds, while the liniment will dull the pain. I'd bandage it for you, but it would only make it worse."

"That's okay...this is helping, thank you."

Punk jumped as he felt the woman's arms wrap around him through the bars that he was slumped against, hugging him as close to herself as she could, given the cirumstances.

"I'm so sorry...this is all my fault, I should've said no, insisted on staying here..."

"You tried, remember? I didn't give you much of a choice, so it was just as much my fault. We'll have to be a lot more discreet next time."

"There isn't going to be a next time, I'm not letting this happen to you again."

Punk was about to argue, when he noticed the necklace dangling in front of his face.

"That's a really nice ring..."

He could almost hear the smile in Nightingale's voice as she answered.

"It's a purity ring. My parents gave it to me for my 13th birthday--we were Catholic, so my staying pure until marriage meant a lot to them. It's all I have left of my old life."

"It looks expensive."

"It was insanely expensive. Raven wanted to pawn it, but I begged him not to, because it meant so much to me. It was the one time he agreed to my request that I didn't end up having to pay for later."

"They were rich?"

"Very."

"So how did you end up here?"

"That's a really long story..." Nightingale trailed off, hoping he'd let it drop.

"We've got nothing but time and you have nowhere else to go."

"...Alright."
Sign up to rate and review this story