Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dying for a Kiss

YES!

by devine_delirium 0 reviews

Frank gets his wish, but is it really what he wanted?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2009-08-26 - Updated: 2009-08-26 - 941 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Yes."

She closed her eyes and nodded before holding out her hand to him. Happily he accepted, entwining his fingers with hers as he drew himself up level with her.

"I'm sorry." She whispered before grazing her lips softly against his.

He slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, holding her body firm as their kiss deepened. She raised her arms and rested one hand at the nape of his neck, her fingers winding the bottom of his hair whilst her other hand stroked his strong arm lovingly. Frank inhaled sharply as her tongue parted his lips, slipping inside to caress his own.

Guiding her backwards, slowly, he pushed her against the steel gray bark of a nearby red oak, the discarded autumn leaves scattering as their feet shuffled through the blanket of foliage. With each passing second their passion grew.

Tenderly he touched her face, his thumb tracing the line of her cheekbone before slipping behind her head, holding her steady. Running her tongue along his bottom lip she tightened her grip on him knowing that any moment now it would begin.

He gasped into her mouth, grabbing a hold of the tree in a feeble attempt to steady himself. Ignoring his struggle she maintained the pressure, encouraging him to kiss her harder. His head swam in confusion, the darkness of the night threatening to overcome him. Squeezing his eyes shut tightly he tried hard to ignore the faintness washing over him but it was futile.

She released her grip, leaning her head back against the tree and staring up to the heavens above, the feeling of life coursing once more through her being, enriching and intoxicating her. She hardly noticed the gentle thud as his body fell limply to the floor, cushioned slightly by the thick layer of grass and leaves.

"Angela." He wheezed the sheer effort of speaking draining his depleting energy further. Blinking rapidly he tried hard to focus on the woman stood over him, the warm comforting sensation washing over him in waves, relaxing his muscles and concentration.

Glancing down to her feet the fleeting euphoria she had enjoyed dissipated. She dropped to her knees and lifted his head into her lap, watching with overwhelming sadness as his now dull eyes rolled back.

"I'm so sorry Frank."

Forcing himself to look up into her eyes, he struggled to take his last breaths, his body betraying him as it refused to inhale. In silence he observed the dark tears falling from her eyes raining down on his face, each droplet icy cold on his paling skin. She held his gaze until his body heaved for the last time, the air escaping his lungs carrying with it his unsuspecting soul, setting it free for the next journey. The spark in his vividly bright eyes extinguished, replaced by eternal slumber.

Another life ended, another existence reduced to nothing more that obsolete flesh and bones. Just one more goodbye.

She remained knelt with his body until the collidoscope of colours filling the sky indicated dawn was breaking on a new day. It was time for her to leave once more. It had been hours since his passing but she could not bring herself to leave him here, choosing instead to stay by his side, her black tears cascading freely over his lifeless body.

She ached for his now absent soul; anguish and torture her only acquaintances in the solitude of the hushed grave yard. Too many times she had been forced to take those she liked, but never before had it torn her apart in such a way she had felt compelled to remain with the vacant corpse.

"Empty-handed you entered the world, with my gift you leave it. Your coming, your going; two simple happenings that got entangled."

She leant forward and kissed him goodbye, his flesh now matching the coolness of her lips. With one last sorrowful stoke of his hair she pushed herself up to her feet and turned from the burning sun, allowing her vast black wings to unfold magnificently. She paused momentarily to admire the beauty of her shadow, shielding him from the harsh morning light before surveying the empty grounds of the cemetery.

Each corpse resting here had been her doing, from the very first right up to Frank, they had all accepted her gift willingly, be it a kiss, a rose or a single piece of silver. Every one of them falling before her like the last, their fate sealed with one simple word; yes.

As the sun rose over the tops of the trees, she wrapped her beautiful wings around herself and closed her eyes, the time for her to leave now imminent. In the blink of an eye her form vanished, taking with it any trace of her physical being, the tears which stained his face dissolving into nothing.

Leaving his superfluous body behind in the company of those whom she had claimed, the names of many lost and forgotten, she took solace in the knowledge that his would remain engraved in her memory for eternity, surpassing even that of her own. As the sands of time slipped through her fingers, bringing with it a new century she would carry his kiss with her, the softness of his touch burned into the very fabric of her being.

If she had possessed a heart, his demise would have shattered it, but death knows neither compassion nor love. Her gift is given to all, without prejudice or discrimination and regardless of consequence. Hers is the only guarantee in a world full of broken promises; ultimately everyone falls at her feet.
Sign up to rate and review this story