Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dying for a Kiss

NO!

by devine_delirium 0 reviews

Frank denies himself.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2009-08-26 - Updated: 2009-08-26 - 1552 words - Complete

0Unrated
He took her hand in his and sighed.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," pausing he shook his head, her last warning ringing in his ears, "but no."

She closed her eyes slowly, scarcely able to believe her own ears, his words echoing through the darkness. The peacefulness settling around her outweighing the resounding shock at his answer.

"Thank you." She whispered, tilting her head to the sky, her lips twitching into a solemn smile. The rapture reverberating through her, exhilarating her in a way she had never experienced before. From her eyes tears of ecstasy fell freely as she was granted blissful release from her usually ceaseless despair.

With a frown he stood up, holding his breath as her face became visible. Black tears surged from her eyes leaving dark tracks down her smooth ivory skin. As one of the droplets fell from her chin it landed on his bare arm causing him to shudder. The liquid was icy cold, his flesh tingling where it had made contact.

He backed away from her cautiously, unable to fully comprehend what his eyes bore witness to. Here stood the woman he had coveted for almost a year, in the depths of the cemetery in the middle of the night, crying jet black tears from her jet black eyes. He watched her with interest through narrowed eyes, as once again she revealed more about herself, serving to intrigue him further. His heart beat rapidly inside his chest as he studied her intensely. He had known the very instant he had caught his first glimpse that she was different but only now he seeing to what extent his assumption had been right.

She opened her lids and looked over to where he stood, his striking eyes absorbing her every movement hungrily. "Don't be afraid Frank." She called to him sweetly, her satin voice soothing and calming.

She reached out to him, her hand hovering inches from his but she didn't move to take a hold of it, leaving him once again with a choice.

His mind swirled at a sickening pace, the thoughts weaving through his head tangling into a messy knot with no beginning and no end. The suspicion written on his face equalled only by the confusion clouding his judgement.

He looked down at her pale hand with her flesh inches from his, a longing to lace his fingers with hers sweeping over him, urging him to move towards her. Shifting his gaze back to hers he recognised the craving to feel her body close to his. For all she was a mystery, this was no stranger, this woman held his heart in her hand for the better part of a year.

"Why?" He asked his voice surprisingly calm and clear. "Why offer me the gift when you didn't want to give it to me?"

With an indulgent sigh she turned away from him and settled herself delicately on the grass blanket beneath her feet. Her cloak like jacket fanning around her petite frame as she positioned herself carefully. The moonlight streaming through the nearby trees fluttered daintily on her face, once more emphasising her overpowering beauty. Frank remained rooted to the spot, eyeing her with interest, awaiting her reply.

She tore her eyes from him and looked up to the perfect shimmering orb decorating the midnight sky, never tiring of its unquestionable exquisiteness. "I offer all I come into contact with a choice, a gift, and for some a curse. It is my purpose, my reason. Each person is given a choice and ultimately the answer is their own. But you-" Tilting her head to him her lips curled upwards in a genuinely cheerful smile. "You were always different. I now know why. You are the very first in an endless line to decline."

Her haunting voice tinged with despondency lulled him gently towards her. His legs carried him forward as an easiness settled upon him, relinquishing his doubt. He surrendered to the softness of her words, the melody of her tone enticing him to join her. He lowered himself down next to her unable to tear his eyes from her crestfallen serenity.

"I don't understand. Who are you?" He pressed, leaning towards her as his curiosity grew.

She shook her head and laughed, the sound emanating from her causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand on end. Never before had he heard such a noise, it lifted his essence and made his heart soar.

"Oh Frank, I am not important. Don't you see? Tonight you chose and as a result of your preference I feel a renewed faith in humanity, I have a fresh understanding of life. You gave me a gift, you allowed me to abandon my responsibilities if only for a short while." She threw her hands in the air, drowning in her own euphoria."I have watched you silently for so long, aware that this night would come but never would I have anticipated this outcome." She rose to her feet and began walking away from him. Quickly he scrambled to her side, staring at her intensely trying to figure her out.

They walked under the glow of the moon through the hushed grave yard, slipping further into the cemetery, passing rows upon rows of headstones and vaults.

"You chose wisely tonight Frank. You could not understand the true consequences of your decision but that also is unimportant. This night you gave to me something so precious, something I have never experienced before and for that I am eternally in your debt."

She felt his uneasiness growing, the doubt and perplexity surrounding him leading him towards anger and frustration. It was time for her to leave him.

"I allowed you to see me, to follow me night after night because I was drawn to you, but this is the end for us Frank. It's futile for me to give you the explanation you so desperately seek, for very soon you won't even remember that we ever met."

He stood dumbfounded, His brows furrowed and his mouth gaping wide as her riddles, vagueness and secrecy oppressed him. She leant towards him and pressed her mouth against his, her cool lips colliding gently against his causing him once again to catch his breath. Breaking the kiss she raised her hand to his face and smiled, running her fingertip over his mouth. "Goodbye Frank."

With her kiss she lifted his veil of confusion, a deeper comprehension of the strange turn of events descending over his now peaceful mind.

"Will I ever see you again?" He asked sadly.

"Yes, your time will come and we shall meet again." She replied with melancholy.

"I feel dizzy." He announced as he lost his footing and lunged clumsily towards her, the blackness surrounding him enveloping him in a warm, safe cocoon.

She caught his body and gently lowered him to the ground, "Everything will be fine, you are merely surrendering to slumber."

Her voice reached him as his eyes closed and his breathing deepened. Slipping into a restful sleep his body relaxed, allowing the ground beneath him to fully support his weight.

Nestled by his side she watched over him as he slept, protecting and shielding him from the coolness of the dropping temperature. Resting her head against his chest she wrapped her coat around them tightly as the steady beating of his untainted heart filled her head with a comforting pulse. She remained with him as the sun stretched its morning rays high above them, scorching the dark sky orange. She immersed herself in the undisturbed tranquillity of dawn, cherishing her last fleeting moments with the man by her side.

As the first bird took flight and called out into the morning light she pushed herself upwards and glanced around the empty cemetery. The headstones and mausoleums surrounding her only serving as a painful reminder that one day he too would fall before her.

A bittersweet smile toyed with the corners of her mouth; the knowledge of his passing dampening her placid disposition slightly. Regardless of how long she had to wait until they met again she knew the recollection of this night would remain with her through the ages until time ceased to exist. The innocence of his actions carved into her memory for ever more. His selfless act enriching her reality in a way she never knew possible.

With a final fond glance at his still body she stretched out her grand black wings and wrapped them tightly around her fragile physique before vanishing back into the darkness from which she had emerged. She took with her, his every remembrance, leaving him once more with sweet, blissful ignorance.

His fragile mind would not withstand the knowledge she had bestowed on him for long without cataclysmic effect. The wisdom held in that one kiss would eventually drive him to insanity.

Though all must take her gift eventually, most do not understand the limitless boundaries of its meaning. Fearing instead of embracing, fighting as opposed to accepting.

Death is not the end, merely the beginning of an unknown journey, the first step into indefinite mysteries. She is but a doorway through which all will pass. The way it has been, is now, and shall be until the end of time.
Sign up to rate and review this story