Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Separated

It's Not the Cocaine, Must Be Love

by Syn_INC 0 reviews

“Pete I don’t know HOW in God's name you are not in solitary confinement somewhere. You are insane! How can you just drug him up? What if he was allergic? What if he has side effects! What were...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-08-27 - Updated: 2009-08-27 - 1558 words

0Unrated
Pete sat with the biggest smile on his face like he had been the first to discover fire. I simply looked at him in amazement at how he can give someone else medication and smile like he did something good.
“Pete I don’t know HOW in God's name you are not in solitary confinement somewhere. You are insane! How can you just drug him up? What if he was allergic? What if he has side effects! What were you thinking?” Pete’s smile faded and he pouted.
“I was trying to help! And he just wouldn’t shut UP about Elisa and I…I didn’t know what else to try! I mean I’ve tried talking and I’ve tried yelling, counseling, interventions, nothing works with him! So this was my last resort!”
I shook my head as I stirred the eggs in the pan. I guess I could see where he was coming from. And maybe whatever cocktail he was given worked because he came home to his kids.
To me.
I sighed and began to ponder things in my mind. Maybe Pete had found an answer to all my problems.
**
Patrick awoke feeling great, better than he had in years. Physically he was stiff and ached all over due to the lack of movement and awkward sleeping arrangement but spiritually and emotionally he felt fulfilled and complete. That was the best sleep he’d ever gotten. He had warmth coming to him from all over and he smiled as he pulled everyone just a tick closer. Roman was the first to stir. He smiled in his half sleep, half awake state and then a frown set on his features.
He opened his eyes and stared right at Patrick. Something flickered in his little guys eyes that he didn’t like and although he tried to get a hold on him so he couldn’t get away Roman was faster and he shot out of bed and headed to the door.
"Skywalker you have to talk to me sometime." Patrick stated after him.
Roman simply glared slightly before walking out the door. Patrick let out a sigh and looked at the ceiling before turning to his left and seeing Sofia’s green eyes peeking at him from under his arm.
"He'll forgive me sometime right?" Patrick asked Sofia.
No one knew Rome like Sofia did. If anyone knew what was going on in his head and heart it was her. Sofia didn’t say anything she simply shrugged. Patrick knew this wasn’t like her. She might look like him but she was just like her mother in character and persona. She always had something to say.
"Lady?" He asked as he watched her get up and put on her slippers,"Lady not you too?" Patrick said with so much emotion in his voice he thought he’d cry.
This hurt Sofia.
It hurt her so much a small tear ran down her cheek. She wanted to run to him and cuddle him and give him kisses all over like she used to but that was back when she was 5 and he at least didn’t miss her birthdays. Now she was older. Now she was 6 and knew he wasn’t to be trusted with her heart anymore. All he would do was break it.
Sofia began to walk away from the only person she had loved like no other.
"Lady? Lady come back." He said with more urgency now. Sofia hung her head slightly with her hand on the knob. He thought she was going to do it. He thought she would forgive him instead she looked over her shoulder with a look that would be imprinted on his heart until the day he died.
"I’m sorry Daddy. I can’t." Was all she said before she opened the door and walked out.
He let out the breath he was holding and his chest felt heavy. Gia and Zoë looked up at him with accusatory eyes. They loved their daddy but Sofia and Rome where their big brother and sister. And when worse came to worse they always stood together. They both got up silently and walked away hand in hand from their father.
They knew in their little hearts they were breaking him but there wasn’t anything they could do to save him now. They had always been trying to save him but he wouldn’t let them. The wheels had been put into motion long before they were born and although it was in their nature to heal and love there was nothing they could do.
Patrick watched his last hope walk out hand in hand and he couldn’t help but let the tears fall freely.
What the hell had happened to his life?
Something made him think back to that one night in Chicago and the words Andy had said to him. He didn’t want to believe it then but here he was….living in the moment. The moment in which even Sofia walked away from him.
**
All my kids came down the stairs with long faces and I knew what had happened. They all discovered Patrick. They each sat at their spot around the table and Roman put his head on Joe's tattooed arm. Sofi leaned on me as I made my rounds about the kitchen kissing everyone good morning.
"Did you sleep well my Bears?" I asked smiling.
"Yea." Zoë and Gia replied.
"How about you Skywalker?" Joe questioned.
Sofi shot Rome this look from on the floor between my legs and he looked down at her. They both shook their head yea and looked away. The next thing I saw was a figure go around the back, the garage door open and saw him take off before the door even shut. Joe looked up from his pancakes and Pete coughed loudly. No one wanted to touch that subject.
"What did you guys wanna do today?" Joe asked.
"I don't know, what day is it?" Sofi questioned.
"Sunday." Pete stated.
"Can we just swim?" The Bears asked.
"Sure...im in need of a good tan anyways." I said with a laugh.
"Speaking of tans, I need to take my wife back to Chicago." Joe stated.
"Why?" I asked with a slight laugh.
"She's just always out in the sun with Noah and Shia. Im like, you guys are gonna catch melanoma. All 3 of them. 'Meh' with a shrug of their shoulders. Im like fuck that noise." Joe concluded.
"Well, at least Sloane doesn't like the sun." I responded.
"She freaks out. It makes me laugh." Pete added.
I shook my head as I cleared the table and Joe helped me with the dishes. Before I knew it all the kids were standing there in front of me with their floaties on. It was now 1058 in the morning. I grabbed the aerosol sunblock and hosed everyone down.
One by one they left and went straight to the waddling pool before they went into the big pool.
Pete jumped in with all his clothes on and in the process pulled Joe in. This sent Joe's hair every which way and I stood there laughing as the kids laughed.
It was about an hour later when Ash, Gin, Izzy and Sloane came through the back gate. Izzy saw her dad and jumped right in, leotard and all. Gin was trying to coax Sloane into the water as she saw Joe creeping up behind me.
"No mommy, then my hair's gonna get wet and look like daddy's. Im not having that." Sloane said with her arms crossed and a toss of her long black hair.
"Is it horrible, that when my kids call me mommy its still weird to me?" Gin asked me.
"No. I said laughing, "you have NO motherly instinct."
"Just checking."
Then out of no where, all you saw was pink and brown headed into the pool. Joe grabbed Sloane and ran with her into the water. When Sloane recovered she was in a fit of hysterics pushing Joe. It was 30 seconds behind them that Pete took Ash down into the pool with him.
"I TOLD you DADDY!" Sloane squealed and then cried as she swam out the water, "MOMMY!"
Joe stood there in the water laughing his ass off as he wiped the water from his eyes and Ash hit Pete.
"Sloane. Are you really made at daddy?" Joe asked.
"Yes!"
"Joe, you know this bitch is crazy about her hair." Gin sighed as she pulled the water out of Sloane's hair, "BOB, how did I end up with the girly girl?!"
"You fight with Joe all the time, it was clearly revenge from, BOB." Ash added.
"What mommy?" Sloane asked.
"Nothing sweety. Go inside and change."
"Where?"
"Anywhere your little heart desires."
"You coming in Princess?" Joe asked Gin.
"No, I have to go and pretend to be a mother. How do you DO this Cal?"
"Im good." I stated looking at my nails
"I can see that."
Gin followed Sloane into the house while Pete and Joe jumped out to dry off.
Those kids got out the pool to do 2 things. And one of them was eat. We have a no peeing in the pool policy but really how often is that utilized?
Sign up to rate and review this story