Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cigarettes and Coffee

Bert the cuddle buddy.

by OverlordDiB 1 review

The Chapter that I said that I was never going to write...Bert and Frankie talk.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-08-27 - Updated: 2009-08-27 - 1305 words

1Exciting


Chapter Eight



I could hear things before I could see anything, but they weren't even clear things at first. They were just mumblings and arguing. As the sounds became clearer, my eye lids became less heavy and when I felt I had gathered enough strength I opened them slowly. I was staring at ceiling. It wasn't hospital ceiling; thank the gods, but just a plain living room ceiling. I had a light blanket thrown over me and my broken leg was elevated on apillow. I wasn't comfortable in the least bit if that was what the person who had done this to me was aiming for.



I sat up and looked in the direction of the quieted arguing, the kitchen. I couldn't see anyone but the more I woke up the better I could hear them. I tried to sit up but became dizzy and tired in the process. I laid back down with a groan putting my hand on my head. A few seconds later Mikey and Gerard came running out of the kitchen with Bert waling behind him. Mikey and Gerard came to stand over me and Bert just hung in the background against awall.



"My God, Frankie! I leave you alone for one day, one fucking day and you get wasted, smash your head against table and pass the fuck out!"



"Calm down, Mikey. The last two aren't my fault! If Gerard had just given me my drink back I wouldn't have hit my head and passed out!"



"How the hell is this my fault?!" I glared at Gerard. "If you hadn't gone all fucking bi polar and gotten yourself wasted I wouldn't have gotten in a fucking game of tug-o-war for an alcoholic drink, which you shouldn't have been drinking!"



I closed my eyes and rubbed the bridge of my nose. All this yelling was giving me a headache. "I don't think all this yelling is good for Frank's concussion." We all looked over at Bert who was now walking towards us from his positions against the wall.



"I can't believe I'm saying this but Bert's right." Mikey said as he slid his glasses up his nose so that sat in the proper place on his face.



"What!?! Are you kidding me! Frank here decided to drink awhole bottle of vodka and act like an adult so I think he shouldn't be able to get off the easy with a crime such as underage drinking!" Gerard yelled, turning to face his younger brother.



"Shut up, Gerard! Like you didn't have anything alcoholic to drink before you become legal! And, I put YOU in charge of him! I wasn't sure if that was a good idea but now I can see it wasn't! So as far as I'm concerned you can FUCK OFF!"



I was only slightly listening to what Gerard and Mikey were yelling at each other as I was to busy fighting my migraine that was increasing in size as the way brothers increased their volume of yelling. I felt a tap of my shoulder, I turned my head and was greeted by a glass of water and a couple of pain killers. I really don't care if I caught the guy making out with Gerard in the kitchen or the fact that he stole my beer, but as of that moment I was absolutely in love with Bert.



"Thank you!" I said as I grabbed the pills, popping them in my mouth swallowing them dry. After I was sure they were going to stay down Igrabbed the glass that I was offered and drank about half of it. I looked at Bert and got an amused look. I just gave a smile accompanied by a shrug. Iwatched him as he walked around the couch and took a seat next to me. I started to feel sleepy and lack of for a better pillow I rested my head against Bert's shoulder. I had my eyes closed and after a few minutes, Bert started to hum. The Way's were still arguing and I could only guess that this was his way of tuning them out.



I was starting to fall asleep when I felt my pillow shift from underneath me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hand. When my eyes cleared I saw Bert squatting in front of the couch. He turned to look at me and I knew he was going to carry me somewhere. I slid onto his back with the blanket still wrapped around me. It must have been hard for him to give me a piggy back ride with my cast on my leg but he didn't say anything.



As we made our way to the Way family backyard I could hear Mikey and Gerard still yelling at each other. I had no idea how I thought I was going to sleep through them. Bert set me down in one of the lawn chairs in the yard and moved a table in front of me so I could put my foot up. I moved my blanket from being behind me to covering up my front and keeping me warm against the cool Jersey air.



"I'm real sorry about this Frank." I turned to look at Bert. I didn't really think he would apologize.



"It's fine. I mean Gerard is your boyfriend."



"Gerard's not my boyfriend." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I gave Bert a confused look that told him to explain. "I'm actually ayear younger than you" He gave a small laugh at my surprised face. "I stopped by the way house hold to give Mikey back his notes that he let me barrow. I'm in AP Science with him and I missed a day so I asked to barrow the notes. Iasked when I could drop them off at his house and he said when ever.



I knocked on the door and Gerard answered. He told me Mikey was at Alicia's house and wouldn't be back soon. I offered to just leave them in his care but he insisted that I stayed. I didn't want to be rude so I did. Isaw you sleeping on the couch and I thought you two were going out but when Gerard kissed me I knew something was up. I pushed him away and he explained to me that you and him were just friends....or something like that. We finished watching that movie you were watching and we went to the kitchen, he had a few drinks and then he came on to me again. I didn't push away that time cause, well you know, being gay at our school isn't easy, and when would I have achance to make out with a guy as hot as Gerard again.



When I saw you drunk in the living room I knew you had seen us and I knew you had feelings for Gerard. I didn't want any of this to happen. I'm really sorry Frank. I hope you can forgive me." By the time he finished talking he was crying and wiping his tears on the sleeve of his hoodie. For some reason seeing Bert cry made me want to just hug him. I got out of my chair and sat back down on Bert's lap and wrapping my big warm blanket around the both of us.



"I forgive you Bert."



"Thanks Frankie."



We ended up falling asleep in the ways back yard cuddling together to keep each other warm. Maybe Bert wasn't such a bad guy after all.





I'm aware that I said I wouldn't be writing again...but writing makes me happy so....I'm going to continue. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get things written and posted, but don't worry I'm not giving up again. ^-^
Sign up to rate and review this story