Categories > Original > Fantasy > Twins

Family life [before] (Ch.1)

by WaterDemon 0 reviews

Crystal and Erick are 12 years old when this firsts takes off at their home. One day in the middle of January something happens in the Lovelace family and Crystal and Erick get taken to an orphanag...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Warnings: [R] [Y] - Published: 2009-08-28 - Updated: 2009-08-29 - 570 words

0Unrated
Summary: Crystal and Erick are 12 years old when this first takes off at their home. One day in the middle of January something happens in the Lovelace family and Crystal and Erick get taken to an orphanage...

Yay! I'm finally able to go onto the story now!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Last: 9/6/09
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Erick Crystal! Get down from your beds or you won't get some French toast for breakfast!' their father Alexander shouted from the bottom of the stairs on the second floor. "Coming!" the two replied as they raced down the stairs for their usual morning race. Their father greeted his children and followed them to their kitchen table. When they sat down for breakfast their mother, Lilly, gave them each a plate matching their granite table top and each person has three pieces of French toast on their plate.

"Thank-you Mom/Mother" Crystal and Erick stated before digging into their syrupy-goodness breakfast. (No literal digging otherwise the plates would probably break) 'I just love how these two behave so well in the house and around me and Alexander' Lilly thought. Alexander gave a smile before he got up from the table and left to go to work. After breakfast was eaten by the remaining members of the house, they cleaned up the table right away; afterwards Erick and Crystal began to walk to school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you think we over did it today?" Erick asked Crystal cautiously. "Maybe, but I still like to have us put on this act for their sake..." Crystal spoke in an audible voice. The two stopped talking for quite some time. When the two finally began to speak again, they are standing in front of the ageless tree. The tree is taller than any other tree, its’ trunk hard and soft at the same time, branches low enough to reach the first one and next, and leaves so many you could hide a bright light in there without any light leaving the tree.

“Remember this tree always” Was the only words ever to be sketched into the tree. Erick had put his hand over the words and thought about them. ‘…Remember this tree always…what happens if it is forgotten…or even what happens when-’ Erick’s train of thoughts were stopped when a voice whispered to him. ‘The tree dies when it is forgotten by all and the tree helps those whom remember it’ whispered a voice.

“Did you hear that Crystal?” Erick asked not facing his after the voice stopped. “I heard nothing but a whisper coming from the tree as usual. Why do you ask?” Crystal replied with her head slightly tilted in the direction of the tree. A light and chilling breeze blew past the two after more time had passed. He just shook his head of all thoughts and continued to walk at a faster pace. When Erick finally realized no one else was behind him he got worried, very worried indeed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...Crystal watched her twin walk away, except he wasn’t walking, his speed was far too rapid to even be considered anywhere near walking. She tried to follow her twin but something had prevented her from doing so. What it was she couldn’t tell. All she knew was that her twin had left her, she was being prevented somehow from following him, and her legs started to give as her vision grew dimmer.
Sign up to rate and review this story