Categories > Original > Fantasy > Xaphen Tamer.Knight

New student and extra House-Mates

by WaterDemon 0 reviews

In the first Chapter it takes off at the last day of school before winter break starts. A new student comes in and Xaphen doesn't know why he knows her from someplace. Will he find out or not

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-08-30 - Updated: 2009-08-31 - 3228 words

0Unrated
This is a still in writing novel I wrote last year...Sometime around December of 08' I think. So before I start to let you go I have a few things to ask of you readers and reviewers of Ficwd. Please at the end either rate my story or review it...You don't have to do either one, but I would appreaciate if you could atleast comment on what you think of it or what I should change.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Man…when will’ this class end?” said Xaphen to himself, as he tapped his pencil repeatedly on his desk. “Ahem! I know this is the last class for the day and the last day of school at Suzuki High before the winter break, but there is a new student coming to our class right now; So…you may come in Miss Shizuka!” said the teacher Ms. K. “Thank-you Ms. Kurasu, I’m Shizuka (Quiet) Shiratera (White-Temple)…I wish I could’ve come earlier this week; Sadly there was a mix-up in some other schools, so this was the only time this week I could see my classmates before the break…” said Shizuka in front of her new class.

“For now you can sit next to Xaphen Tamer…because new the desks haven’t come in yet-Oh! And as a warning please try not to bother him too much and please take this into consideration.” said the teacher. Shizuka then quietly walked over to her seat. Then the teacher continued her lesson she was teaching the class before Shizuka came in.

“So you’re X-aph-e-en…nice to meet you.” said Shizuka before she sat down next to Xaphen. It was a minute later before Xaphen finally responded to Shizuka. “It is Xaphen or X; Why are you not listening to Sensei’s(Teacher’s) warning?” said Xaphen quietly to her. “Because…you don’t seem like a guy who could get that angry or upset at a new student on her first day at another new school.” said Shizuka with a sly smile. Xaphen just shook his head downwards as he had a thought.

‘Why am I talking to her soo freely…If I talk to anyone else I maybe at most say very few words to them and then I’d probably get mad or angry at them…I have to figure this girl out somehow…’ thought Xaphen as Shizuka was talking to him again. “True, but you aren’t any ‘normal’ girl.” said Xaphen. Shizuka smiled at Xaphen, while he had a confused look on his face. “Why are you smiling?” said Xaphen.

“You’re the first person to ever say ‘I’m not a “normal” girl’ and say it in front of me…that last boy who tried saying it to me-I’m sorry I should not have said that…” said Shizuka before she quickly clammed up; then took out a book and pretended to pay attention to Ms. K.
‘I wonder what she meant by that? If I think about it…no other girl that I have ever seen or met has hair like hers…when she first came into the classroom, it was very dark jet-black color; like the night sky during a cloudless night…but now it’s white; White as snow that had just started to fall and land on the ground…A white that that has that kind of color seems like it has too much of a pure white tone.’ thought Xaphen as he stared out the window while the snow continued to fall outside.

Final bell rings for school to be out for the winter break

“Woooo hoooo!!!” shouted a bunch of students when they got out of their class room rather quickly. “Do you need help finding your locker?” said Xaphen trying to be polite to Shizuka. “Sure-It is locker 2202…I couldn’t find it before I got into the class so I left the rest of my stuff outside a set of lockers…” said Shizuka as she and Xaphen walked out the classroom together. “See the locker with no name plate next to my locker 0112-it is locker 2202, don’t ask me why isn’t it 0111 or 0113 “The school thinks if the lockers are mixed up, it sharpens the student’s minds or makes the brain smarter” Something like that I believe…” said Xaphen in a polite, but also in a sarcastic kind of way.

“That’s stupid…And thank-you for helping me…you should be leaving now so you’re car doesn’t get blocked-If you are driving…or if you’re walking you should be fine if you leave now…” said Shizuka as she finished off putting all of her stuff into her 6 foot by 10 inch locker. Xaphen thought for a moment; then peeked outside and saw though a window that it was starting to snow pretty hard and really fast. When Xaphen looked back only to ask Shizuka a question, she was not there…she had magically disappeared (like a rabbit inside a hat). Shizuka was almost at the door and about to leave; just then, Xaphen called her name.

“Don’t go out yet!!! If you’re the last person to leave…especially if it is snowing-you’ll get turned into a snowman…by everyone in the front…throwing snowballs at you…” spoke Xaphen as he ran over to Shizuka breathing heavily. “I’ll be fine…plus if anyone attempts to throw one at me, I’ll throw it at them 10 times harder!” said Shizuka confidently with her arm raised above her head and a clenched fist. Xaphen quickly exhaled before he spoke. “I warned you…” spoke Xaphen as a snowball was thrown at Shizuka rather quickly.

Somehow she caught it. “Now I’ll give you all a warning! And it will be the only one I’ll say or even give you all! If anyone and I do mean anyone ever throws a snowball or any kind of object or item at me; not only will I catch it, but I will throw it harder and make sure it hurts you!” said Shizuka really mad as the snowball instantly crumbled in her hand. A couple of student thought she was bluffing, so they each threw a snowball at Shizuka.
To everyone’s surprise (even Xaphen’s surprise, thought her rarely gets surprised by things) Shizuka had caught both of the snowballs in each of her hands. “I warned you-and now you’ll pay the price!” said Shizuka before she threw both snowballs at the two throwers. Just as the snowballs hit the two, there were two big thuds. The two students, who had recently thrown the snowballs at her, flew back a couple feet in the snow.

Everyone in the entire school that was in the front of the school had frozen as if they had been turned to stone…(Or maybe they were sprayed with water and then, since it is really cold outside; they had been frozen solid) “Whoa!-so-umm…Do you want a ride home…Or something?” said Xaphen stunned or shocked.(a bit hard to tell) “I guess it beats walking with wild animals right now…but you lead the way.” said Shizuka as she followed Xaphen to his car. ‘Man she’s just so…I don’t even know how to put or say it…she’s just too confusing and at the same time way too mystifying.’ thought Xaphen as he was leading the way to his silver Mercedes.

“Nice car-is it a Mercedes, like one of the newly released ones…from France or Italy…I believe?” said Shizuka as she thought for a couple seconds. “Yeah it is…the one from France…” said Xaphen speechless once again. “Cool…” said Shizuka as she got into the passenger side of his car. As Xaphen got into his car (thankfully it was not blocked it by other cars)and started the car up; he then noticed something in the corner of his eye. He had noticed that Shizuka’s hair was the snow white color mixed with the jet-black hair color from earlier that day.(I wonder why he’s even paying attention to her hair color…he he he…)

Right after that he saw that, under Shizuka’s practically perfect light colored silver eyes, were two almost purple bruise marks under both her eyes (like the kind you can get from not sleeping enough or getting punched in the eye, maybe by some person who think he or she is all that) “Are you alright? I seemed to just notice that you look a bit tired-am I right or wrong?” said Xaphen as he slowed down for a red light. “Huh?-Oh sorry…It was a bit hard for me lately, with traveling and stuff…” said Shizuka as she started to yawn.

“Why don’t you sleep for now in my car…And then take a nap for however long you want at my house…or I could drop you off at your house…I’ve got a feeling that the snow is just playing with us for now.” Xaphen made another quick turn as he switched to four wheel drive. “And it will most likely come at us even harder…sooner or later…” spoke Xaphen, while he drove with one arm as he used his other arm to get a pillow for Shizuka.

“I’ll be fine, I am not…that tired….” said Shizuka trying to fake Xaphen out as she yawned again. “Here’s a pillow-I would give you a blanket, but one is in the wash, the second one is drying, and the other one is still sitting on the table near the front door…” Xaphen waited till the traffic slowed down to a stop before switching hands.
“Ps; just as a tip-if you are trying to fake someone out, like faking you not being tired or something…try not to yawn too much.” said Xaphen as Shizuka leaned the chair back some more and adjusted a few things and then she finally curled up into a ball and put the (soft and very squishy) pillow under her head. “Okay…I’ll try…” spoke Shizuka in a tired voice. Then dozing off rather quickly, she had finally fallen asleep.

‘Heh, she’s defiantly one of a kind-no one in the entire human population.’ thought Xaphen as he turned for the corner. While Xaphen was driving down to the end of Dashi St (where he lived near the woods…well it’s more like the scary kind of woods…he rarely gets a visitor) were two very unique wolves sitting on his front porch with their tails wagging a bit. So Xaphen just pulled into his driveway anyway like he always does after school or after work and then he went around the car, opened the passenger door, and carried Shizuka inside his house.

All while, the two wolves had descended down the stairs and back up to follow him inside his house. After he laid Shizuka down on his black leather couch; he put a blanket over her and a small pillow under her head. “You two are new here aren’t you…how bout’ I get you some good and maybe raw steak?” said Xaphen when he bent down in front of the wolves. (Xaphen is used to wild animals visiting him, so he doesn’t think much of the two for now) One of the two wolves (being very kind) licked its’ lips and lay down so it could be fed.

"Heh, you must be hungry if you’re asking me that quickly-just let me put another blanket on her and I’ll be right back…” spoke Xaphen quietly to the two wolves; then he patted both of the wolf’s heads and left to complete his promise for the two. As soon as Xaphen left, the two wolves immediately went over to Shizuka’s side as she slept on the couch. One wolf went on top of Shizuka and the other wolf lay on the floor in front of the couch. Still she didn’t move or wake. So Xaphen went to his second refrigerator. (The one where he kept the refrigerated food for the wild animals he takes care of.) And took out two raw pieces of steak or some kind of meat, a wolf would really enjoy; closed the fridge, grabbed two plates, and finally went to his living room, where the two wolves were conveniently still at.

“Okay you two, here’s your food.” said Xaphen as he placed the two steaks on plates in front of the coffee table near the couch. The two wolves happily got off the couch and started eating their food quickly. “I’m glad you like it!” said Xaphen enthusiastically. The wolves had just ignored Xaphen; well it lasted till they were finished with their food. The two wolves walked over to him and then they started to lick his face as thanks for the food. “You are very much welcome, I’m so happy you liked the food.” said Xaphen happily as he pet the two wolves again.

Xaphen played with the wolves for a good half hour before Shizuka finally woke up. “Hey, when did those two get here?” said Shizuka as she woke up. “They were at my house when we got here…you know them?” said Xaphen before he got up. “Yes I do…they are both my pets…you’re probably wondering why I picked two wolves as pets and not a dog or another kind of pet, aren’t you?” said Shizuka as she sat up and put the blanket to her left side. “Nope, not one bit…I’m used to having all sorts of wild animals visit’ me…” One of the two wolves had whined a tiny bit before quitting.

“I’m just surprised someone finally has a wolf as a pet…are they pure or half-bread?” said Xaphen sitting at the other end of the couch, while the two wolves got up and sat near Shizuka. “They’re 100% pure bread wolves…They’ve been with me for a while.” said Shizuka as she scratched both of the wolves ears. “Then…they are the first two pure bread wolves I have ever seen!” said Xaphen shocked and surprised. “Thanks…I think I should be going; before it gets any darker…” said Shizuka as she got up, but was quickly stopped by Xaphen holding onto her arm with a quick movement. “Where will you be staying then?” said Xaphen in a serious tone.

“I don’t have to tell you…and besides it’s none of your business to know where I’ll be staying!” said Shizuka as she snapped back at him. “You don’t have a place to stay do you?” said Xaphen. “I told you-” spoke Shizuka before she was cut off. “You don’t have to lie to me, I can easily tell when someone or some animal doesn’t have a place to sleep…so why don’t you stay with me?” said Xaphen after he let go of her arm.

“I’m fine sleeping outside, nothing bad has ever happened to me!” said Shizuka trying to fight back even though she knows she has already lost the fight. “I have some extra rooms here, since I live by myself and if you still want to put up a fight, then you can have a look out that window…” said Xaphen pointing at a nearby window. So Shizuka decided to look out the window, only to see the ground covered with snow (If either of the two had to guess, it would reach to about 2 feet deep)

But when Shizuka looked higher up, she saw that the snow was coming down really fast and hard. She decided that from the time she got in Xaphen’s car to now that it must be a snow storm going on. “Okay you win…I’ll sleep here for a couple of days.” said Shizuka with her head hung down in defeat.

“That’s good, I don’t have to worry about someone dying or getting bad frostbite because of me…so what floor do you want to sleep on?” said Xaphen happy, that he didn’t have to worry about Shizuka getting sick or dying from going out into the worst possible snow storm. Xaphen had gotten up, but the two wolves still kept a watchful eye on him.
“What do you mean by which floor I want to sleep on?” said Shizuka confused. “I have a basement, first floor, which we are currently on, second floor, the third floor, and the attic-so which floor do you want?” said Xaphen hoping this was a better explanation then the other one he was thinking of.

“I will sleep on the second floor with my two pet wolves.” said Shizuka before Xaphen had led Shizuka to her newly acquired room. “Here is your room…good night-” said Xaphen before he left to go to his own bedroom. Just as he closed Shizuka’s door and was about to turn the corner, he started to hear a faint noise. “Xaphen…” said Shizuka in her room. Xaphen started to get worried because Shizuka called his name right after he left.

So he quickly turned around and went into her room again. “What happened Shizuka?!” said Xaphen worried as the door almost slammed opened. “I didn’t mean to scare you-but…could you sleep with me in my room-just for tonight and only tonight!” said Shizuka shyly. Then she quickly squeezed her eyes shut, because she was afraid of the answer that he was going to say. Xaphen was confused, but shook it off. (Because he didn’t know how to answer her question, so he just decided to wing it)

“Why do you want me to sleep with you, in this room?” said Xaphen next to Shizuka. “…Because I don’t want to sleep by myself tonight…that is all…” said Shizuka after she opened her eyes. “Sure I will sleep with you, but are you asking me, because you don’t like to sleep alone?” said Xaphen still standing next Shizuka in her bed. Shizuka took off the blanket that was on her and sat up so she could answer Xaphen properly. “No!-...well…yes I am asking you to sleep with me for that reason…” said Shizuka embarrassed and blushing. “Okay then, I’ll sleep in the same room as you, so you are not alone…but I will be sleeping on the couch, okay?” said Xaphen curious of what Shizuka was going to do now.

“No, please sleep with me on this bed…I’ve always had someone or something sleep with me in the same area.” said Shizuka with her cheeks turning a bit redder. “Then can I sleep in the middle or at the other side of the bed?” said Xaphen as he started to walk to the drawers. “You can sleep where ever you want, but don’t leave the room!” said Shizuka with an outstretched arm. Xaphen smirked at Shizuka’s reaction; sadly he couldn’t help it, so he gave her a light smile. Then he went to the opposite side of the bed, which was across from Shizuka.
Sign up to rate and review this story