Categories > Original > Fantasy > Xaphen Tamer.Knight

A Old Friend attacks and an old Memory resurfaces

by WaterDemon 0 reviews

In the second chapter Xaphen and Shizuka decide to pick up some supplies. To make the trip faster they split up. When Xaphen is on his way home he hears something down the alley...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2009-08-30 - Updated: 2009-08-31 - 3305 words

0Unrated
Here is Chapter 2 comming at you! I'll give you guys the next chapter tommorow.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m just getting a shirt and some loose pants, for some kind of night clothes, but I am going to change in the bathroom…” said Xaphen as he dug through the dresser. Shizuka gave Xaphen a nod as an okay. Xaphen finally got his night clothes from the drawer and quickly darted to the other room that was not very far away, but as he passed Shizuka, he gave her a paper. “You’re quick-” said Shizuka after Xaphen practically flew past him. Shizuka just stared at the spot Xaphen was just at, but wondered how he got so fast.
Shizuka,
in the table next to you, should be some clothes you can change into…just let me know when you’re done changing.
Xaphen

Shizuka got out of the bed and opened the top drawer; to find a bunch of clothes already folded in the top drawer. ‘Why does he have girl clothes in his house? Hmmm…I don’t even care now, they’re a clean set of clothes I can change into-with no strings attached!’ thought Shizuka as she picked out some clothes to wear.

Then she quickly changed into them. “You done yet, or did you not read the paper?!” said Xaphen leaning on the inside of the bathroom door. “One sec…ok I’m dressed!” said Shizuka raising her voice a bit so Xaphen could hear.

Just after Shizuka closed the drawer, she was about to open one of the lower drawers out of curiosity; then all of the sudden she heard the bathroom door close and open. (Which had kina startled her a bit) Somehow she was able to quickly shake it off. “Were you curious about why there are girl clothes in my house?” Xaphen started walking to the bed for a little bit before continuing.

“And please don’t lie this time.” said Xaphen. “Sort of…but I can wait till morning, night…” spoke Shizuka before she quickly dozed off. ‘I’ll have to ask her some questions, but in the morning…wait what is the time…11:57!’ though Xaphen before waited a couple minutes to fall asleep.

The next day

Outside Xaphen’s house, there are some bird tweets and bird chirps off in the distance; as the sun slowly starts to rise higher and brighter. Then out of the blue Xaphen’s digi clock started to beep. beep beep! beep “Huh-what?” said Xaphen dazed as he woke up from his alarm. He soon realized that it was his alarm making the noise, so he turned it off quite lazily. “Xaphen…” said Shizuka quietly.

“Yes, do you need anything?” said Xaphen softly. “Yeah…I was wondering why you of all the boys I’ve seen, were crying last night and…you kept on saying, “Don’t leave” repeatedly…” said Shizuka before she sat up.

“Oh, it’s nothing-I’ll be right back-I have to feed my pets…” said Xaphen as he got up and left the room pretty quickly. ‘Why is he being so secretive? And why is he living all by himself?’ thought Shizuka as she got up and picked out some new clothes to wear.

This time curiosity got the best of her, so she got the clothes from the secret bottom drawer. Somewhere downstairs there was a loud crash-like noise. Glass shatters “Ruff- Ruff!” barked one of Shizuka’s wolves. “I’m going now-you two can come with me too…” spoke Shizuka as she finished putting her shoes on.

Then Shizuka and her two pet wolves, Tsugi and Mira followed her. As Shizuka was about to descend down the stairs; there was another noise, but this one sounded like Crystal Shannon glass breaking. “Xaphen!!!” said Shizuka as she bolted down the stairs with her two wolves at her flanks. “I’m fine-just don’t come in here!” said Xaphen worried that Shizuka had saw him. “Why can’t I help you Xaphen? I owe you for letting me stay here-just let me help you!” said Shizuka, starting to worry what had happened to Xaphen.

“I just tripped and some glass broke-it’s all cleaned up now, so you can either leave or go to a different floor in this house…” said Xaphen as he put the last of the broken glass in the garbage.

“I would love to leave, but the snow is in the way-so I’ll be elsewhere!” spoke Shizuka angrily before she left. As she once again ascended the stairs, only her wolf Tsugi had followed her. Mira had decided to stay behind and wait for Xaphen to do or say something to her. “Why didn’t you go with your master?” said Xaphen when he walked out of the kitchen and saw that one of Shizuka’s pet wolves had stayed behind in the other room.

The wolf slowly walked over to Xaphen and sniffed him; after that she sat and gave him a low whine. “I’m sorry if it was me-usually people just stay away from me.” Spoke Xaphen in a lower voice. “So for me I don’t have to worry about harming or hurting other people in any kind of way…” spoke Xaphen to the wolf after he sat down with his legs crossed.

Mira laid her head on his lap as Xaphen talked some more about his life, before he had met Shizuka yesterday. He first talked about his life at school (of what he could remember); then he talked about all the kinds of animals he fed and took care of. The only thing Mira would do as Xaphen talked to her, was shift her body weight from one of his legs to the other and whine for the back of her right ear to be scratched.

A couple hours later

“Then…Oh-I’m sorry girl, I have to finish feeding the other animals here-” said Xaphen as he got up from telling Mira about his lone past. When Xaphen got a bowl of seeds from the kitchen; he tried to open the front door, but for some reason he couldn’t open the door. Mira decided to help Xaphen out; so she begun to look around one the current floor for another way outside.
“Mira, did you find another way out?” spoke Xaphen, when he heard Mira whine at a window. Mira whined at the window again, which made Xaphen hurry to Mira (even though he still had the bowl of seeds in his hands) Xaphen put the bowl down on the floor and then tried pushing the window up. It was a tricky challenge, but he managed to get it to open. Click! clicked the window once it was opened.

“Thanks…Mira…” spoke Xaphen once he had opened the window, just then he saw the wolf’s name tag and saw that the wolf’s name id Mira. Mira smiled at Xaphen when he said her name; with her razor sharp and pearl white canine teeth. Xaphen then grabbed the bowl of seeds; went out the window to put more seeds in the several bird feeders he had in his front yard.

Meanwhile, upstairs where Shizuka and Tsugi are

“Tsugi-why was he being mean to me; after he was being so nice to me yesterday?” spoke Shizuka quietly to Tsugi as they lay down on the bed. All Tsugi could think of doing was move closer to Shizuka’s side. So Shizuka was able to pet him and it also helped her be less sad.

“Thanks Tsugi…” said Shizuka smiling after she had pet Tsugi’s back several times. Tsugi then moved closer to Shizuka and it had made her laugh somewhat. “Tsugi, you are too cute and innocent to even be considered a wolf; most people who I think are just plain wrong with their thoughts, think wolves or a wolf is too much of a dangerous animal to have as a pet, but I have to disagree-not all wolves are really that dangerous.” spoke Shizuka softly.

“Grrrr…rrrr” growled Tsugi when he heard a strange noise coming from outside. “It is okay boy…it is probably a small bird that got lost or something...” spoke Shizuka after Tsugi was done growling. Tsugi growled once again, but he had moved over to the window to growl. Shizuka wanted to know why he was still growling; she then went over to the window where Tsugi was and opened the window.

What Shizuka saw was something she could never think of happening; right now, she is seeing Xaphen put more food in the feeders and quite rapidly countless birds of different species had flew over to him. Few of the birds immediately went to the feeder, some had sat on a nearby tree, and the rest of the birds were either near Xaphen or somewhere on him as he moved around. “Wow-there are…just so many vary of colors and birds…” whispered Shizuka in awe of the sight she was seeing outside the window. “Tsu-gi come and see the colorful and variety of birds there are outside in the snow.” whispered Shizuka as she motioned her hand for Tsugi to see the view.

Tsugi stood on his hind legs to look out the window; but was only able to get a glimpse of what his owner could see, due to the fact, that he had fallen down and rolled over Shizuka’s shoes. “He-he-he…” giggled Shizuka after Tsugi had completely fallen over and attempted to get up by himself. When the wolf finally did get up, he gave is master a light growl indicating that it was not funny for him.

“I’m sorry Tsugi…do you want to go out for a walk now?” said Shizuka facing the now serious Tsugi. Tsugi quickly shook his head up and down to reply as a “yes”. “That’s good Tsugi; we’ll go downstairs, grab a jacket for me, and then we will go out!” said Shizuka as she put her shoes on. When she had finally gotten up, she walked to the door and down the stairs with Tsugi tailing her.

Outside with Xaphen

“Okay that’s all of em’ Mira…let’s go back inside and warm up.” said Xaphen as he rubbed his cold hands and arms together for some kind of heat friction. Once Mira heard what Xaphen said she was already at the window waiting to go inside; the oh-so very warm house as she wagged her tail back and forth impatiently.

“Okay you first…” said Xaphen as he helped Mira go through the window. After Xaphen saw that Mira was in; he tried to climb in. Sadly his pants got caught on something sharp near the glass window. Xaphen had a quick thought of how to get in, without damaging his pants too much. Thud Xaphen did get through the window, but fell in a weird position that didn’t seem right or normal. Mira quickly tried to get herself under Xaphen to help him up. “I’m okay-Thanks.” grinned Xaphen once he was standing on his own two feet.

“Ruff-Ruff!” barked Mira rather loudly at something on the stairs. “I’ll go check it out…” said Xaphen reassuringly. So he went to the stairs and looked up; only to see two things atop the stairs. Shizuka and Tsugi are descending the stairs slowly and quietly. “Ummmm…Hey Xaphen-me and Tsugi were going out for a short or maybe long walk around this place…then we’re coming right back-” announced Shizuka slowly. She was a bit scared of what Xaphen might do, since he was mad at her earlier and didn’t know if he was over it yet.

“I’m not your dad Shizuka, but while you’re going out Mira and I will be getting some more supplies and also picking up some more food for the wild animals I take care of here.” said Xaphen as he moved away from the stairs and continued to watch Tsugi and Shizuka descend the stairs. Shizuka was quite surprised at what Xaphen had just said; then she and Tsugi practically ran down the stairs. Tsugi had skipped a step and almost went tumbling down, but Shizuka had a grip on his tail. (Even though Tsugi hates more than anything his tail being grabbed, he didn’t mind it this time)

“Xaphen, do you want me to pick up anything while Tsugi and I are on our walk?” said Shizuka standing near Xaphen. Xaphen thought for a minute or two before answering her question. “You can-well can you get me some salmon, 5 pounds of raw meat, and…oh yeah! Can you also get some sticky rice, but it can only be from Tsunagu’s Original Rice House” he started to write some things down on a piece of paper; then he folded the paper in half the long way and ripped it in a very neat straight line.

“I believe that is all of it-okay?” said Xaphen with the two lists in his hand. Shizuka nodded her head up and down before she hopped onto Tsugi’s back. “I will be quick and quiet as a mouse trying to get its favorite piece of cheese-or something like that!” proclaimed Shizuka right before Tsugi was getting ready to break into a run. Just before he did run Xaphen opened his front door and handed Shizuka the second list, while he stuffed the first list into his coat pocket.

‘I still say that she is defiantly a unique girl, but then what does that make me-chop liver?’ thought Xaphen as he fixed his jacket and checked to make sure the first list was still in his coat pocket. Mira gave Xaphen a whine before he could open the door no less touch the door knob. “Do you want me to get on top of you like her?” spoke Xaphen as he pointed to himself. Xaphen is a bit confused on even why he’s talking to a wolf that can’t speak human, but he just ignored that though for the time being.

Mira straightened herself up, while she was standing on all four legs and then she started to have her tail wagging rapidly. “I’ll do it-but just make sure that both of us will still live from this experience-” said Xaphen while he got on to Mira’s back.
Mira gave him a low laughing howl in response. He just realized he had to get off of Mira’s back; he couldn’t close the door and if he tried, he probably would have fallen off or worse. Once Xaphen and Mira were outside Xaphen’s house and the door closed and off the porch; he finally got back on her, but this time made sure he was securely on and also made sure he had a hold on her.

“Okay Mira…I think I’m ready-” said Xaphen with a taste of fear as he spoke slowly. Mira did a quick shake, only to make sure he had a decent grip on her before they would run. “On to the…grocery store!” said Xaphen trying to sound braver. The wolf under him smirked; then started at a fast paced walk.

Almost without thought, Mira practically bolted to the store as the wind had flown past them at extremely high speeds. Xaphen tried keeping his eyes open, but he couldn’t; so he tried to get the goggles from the inside of his pocket over his eyes. The wind was going by him too fast; he couldn’t get the goggles out without risking falling off of her, so he just kept his eyes closed. Mira then started break into a run that just kept on getting faster and faster. “Mira slow down! We’re almost there!” said Xaphen threw the high speeding wind that still felt like he was defying some type of gravity.

Once Mira finally heard Xaphen’s words; she started to slow down very rapidly, almost causing the person on top her to slide off of her. Xaphen had almost immediately felt the change in speeds. He quickly adjusted his grip on Mira’s fur with his hands and held his legs closer to Mira's side and he leaned his torso closer to her neck. “Grrrr-” Somehow only she had heard some strange noises coming from an alley that was creeping closer to the two.

“Mira, calm down girl…” spoke Xaphen quietly when he heard Mira’s faint growl rumble inside her body. Mira crept to an even slower walk as they came closer to the east entrance to the alley. Xaphen turned his head a little bit to see if there was anyone or anything down the dark and long alley. “Get away from me, you-you baka (idiot) or else!” said a female voice deep down into the alley. It took Xaphen a couple seconds, but he recognized the voice almost immediately. Xaphen quickly hopped off of Mira’s back and started to look deeper into the dark alley before he had begun to walk down it. ‘I wonder if it really is her…’ thought Xaphen going deeper into the barren alley.

To the two, it seemed like an endless maze that only went in one direction; no left or right turns, just forward. Mira tried to get in front of Xaphen, but he only had gently pushed her behind him. Mira tried again, only trying to be protective of the human she was with; Xaphen had done the same thing he did last time, but he gave her the ‘I can handle myself’ look. “Now why would I do that when I am the stronger person here in this alley? And moreover there is no one here besides me and you.” said a guy with a deep voice. He was holding both of the girl’s wrists with one hand; her wrists are above her head, she tried to get him to let go, but to no avail.

Once Xaphen heard the guy’s voice, he started to walk down the alley at a much faster pace with Mira only seconds behind him. “Get away from her now Max!” exclaimed Xaphen in a loud and threatening tone as he came closer to Max and the girl. “Oh hey there X, I haven’t seen you in a while-I think it was when that kid had gotten expelled I believe…” spoke Max greeting Xaphen as he released the girl’s wrists.

“Sorry Max, but in all honestly I have been trying to avoid you since the incident-so please get away from my sister now! Any longer and I might lose control of myself and you come pretty close to meeting with Death himself or herself!” whispered Xaphen trying to calm himself down. He has his hands balled up into fists at both his sides. Mira started to growl rather loudly and showed him, her razor sharp teeth.

“So you’re making threats to me now Xaphen-I thought we were friends?” replied Max with his arms bent and palms facing the sky. “I was your friend before I saw what you did to other people-so I had decided to play along for the time being…” Xaphen took a deep breath trying to calm himself down as he was slowly starting to lose control of actions. Max just put his hands into his front pockets letting Xaphen continue.

“But when I saw you hurt my only, favorite-precious-little sister, practically making her loose almost all of her memory of her past, her family, and me-right then and there I wanted to kill so very badly because of that!” yelled Xaphen with a whisper, stepping closer to his sister and Max.
Sign up to rate and review this story