Categories > Games > Mario > Question Box

Box 11

by Mikari 0 reviews

Box 11: The End of an Era

Category: Mario - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bowser Koopa,Kamek,Princess Toadstool - Published: 2009-08-30 - Updated: 2009-08-31 - 1417 words - Complete

0Unrated
Question Box

Box 11: The End of an Era

Bowser followed Kamek to the main conference room of the Koopa Castle, dragging his feet in an obvious sign that he didn't want to be there. "It's not so bad," Kamek tried to cheer him up from his gloomy mood. "The conference will be over soon and you can have a quiet afternoon." The six little koopalings were with their grandfather Morton and wouldn't be back until later that day. Finally, there would be some peace and quiet around the Koopa Castle, even if it was just for a little while.

"I hate these meetings," Bowser complained. "Why can't Clawdia go? She never refused to go in my place before" The queen had been acting a little strangely lately. She was participating less and less when it came to ruling the Koopa Kingdom, as if she wanted Bowser to get used to doing it alone and doing it properly, unlike the recklessness he called ruling before she became queen.

"Maybe she was tired today," Kamek had a bad feeling about it, but he wouldn't mention it until he was certain.

xoxox xox xoxox

In the royal chambers, a koopa lady brushed her multicolor hair. It was dark blue, light blue, blond and green. Once the rainbow was brushed to her liking, she walked out of her room, heading for the room of her youngest son.

Clawdia's first six children were spending the day with their grandpa Morton, Bowser's father, and wouldn't be back until later. The Koopa Castle was certainly quiet without them. She entered her son's room and walked towards the crib. In it, there was an egg. She gently touched the egg's smooth surface to make sure it was still warm. That wasn't really a problem in the Koopa Castle with all the lava around it.

"Are you napping Larry?" She whispered. "Alright, mommy is going for a little walk. I'll be back soon." She covered the egg with a blanket and quietly left the room, gently closing the door on her way out.

xoxox xox xoxox

While Bowser was at the conference room listening to the monotonous speech of a goomba about goomba rights, Kamek snuck away. The magikoopa could see that Bowser was about to fall asleep from boredom, but someone else could wake him up when the goomba's tedious speech was over. Kamek yawned as he left the conference room and retreated to his room to rest. He couldn't get rid of the feeling that something bad would happen to the queen soon. But it was ridiculous, such a prediction would make no sense.

Those babies that he predicted would cause disaster to the Koopa Kingdom in the future had been vanished to a realm called Earth. Surely they would never find a way to return. The Mushroom Kingdom had been quiet and peaceful, ripe for the conquering, if not for the fact that queen Clawdia opposed the war and she always found a way to get what she wanted. But it didn't matter, even without conquering the Mushroom Kingdom; the Koopa Kingdom was still the most powerful of all. If things stayed as they currently were, everything would work out great. Then why did Kamek have such a strong feeling that things would take a turn for the worse?

xoxox xox xoxox

Clawdia had left the castle grounds, taking a little walk on the near by area of Dark Land. She didn't walk too far from the Koopa Castle, but just far enough for all the sounds coming from it to become distant noises. The skies were dark but clear, without a single cloud in them. As she stood there, she thought she should be happy, but she wasn't. 'What is this feeling?' She thought, it made no sense, but she felt as if her time was growing short.

Clawdia sat down on the ground, staring up at the skies. A young paratroopa flew by, creating shapes as she danced in the skies. She spun around cheerfully in the air as she headed to the Koopa Castle. It was an era of peace. The war against the Mushroom Kingdom had been stopped, or at least postponed, and everyone could continue enjoying their lives in peace. If only it could last forever, but Clawdia had a feeling that it wouldn't.

She sighed and looked into the distance. Dark Land's territories stretched as far as the eye could see. She felt nostalgic, as if she knew that soon she would leave her home, never to return. She stood up, 'if I am to leave this world then I will make the best of what little time I have left.' Even if it made no sense, she knew her time was short. The end was near for her and with it would come the end of an era.

She didn't question her fate, she felt it was inevitable. Destiny was not giving her a warning to avoid her sealed fate, it was telling her to prepare herself for what was to come. She didn't know why, where or how, but she knew her life would inevitably end.

Clawdia decided not to give it any more thought and headed back to the Koopa Castle. She would spend as much time as possible with Bowser, Ludwig, Roy, Lemmy, Iggy, Wendy and Morton Jr. She hoped she would still be around to see her little Larry when he hatched. Until then, she would not be afraid and she would not be sad. She would be remembered as being happy until her end came.

When she returned to the Koopa Castle, Clawdia found that Kamek was waiting for her. Surely Bowser was still trapped in the boring royal meeting, but he would just have to get used to it. It was his duty as king. "Queen Clawdia, are you alright?" Kamek concerned.

At that moment, the Koopa Queen knew that Kamek must know of what was to come. "You felt it too... It's inevitable, isn't it?"

Kamek nodded sadly. "The prophecy was unclear. It came with no visions or dreams, only a feeling that the end was to come. I do not know what to do, but I assure you, your highness, I will do anything in my power to stop it."

"It cannot be helped," Clawdia knew it was true. "Kamek, please don't tell Bowser or anyone else about this. It would be useless to make them worry over something that cannot be stopped. I don't want to be remembered in sadness, please, promise me that you won't tell anyone."

Kamek knew that this was very important to her and he respected her wishes. "You have my word, queen Clawdia."

"Thank you Kamek," she smiled peacefully.

xoxox xox xoxox

Clawdia went to check up on Larry again. The egg would hatch soon, very soon, perhaps soon enough for her to see her youngest child, if only for a short time. Clawdia wished with all her heart that she could stay in that world, but she knew deep down that there was nothing that could be done. Not all the magic of the magikoopas could stop her inevitable fate, but she would not live thinking of what was to come. She would live every day in the present, as if it was her last.

xoxox xox xoxox

In the royal gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom princess Peach Toadstool was with her father. "Father, I feel an unfamiliar sadness. It's strange, but I feel like something bad is to happen and it will only get worse. It makes no sense, we are at peace, why do I feel this?"

The king looked thoughtful. "Prophecies don't always make sense right away." He remembered the brothers from long ago. They were only babies then and so was Peach. Kamek and the Koopa Troop had managed to throw them into another world, the realm of Earth. The prophecies told that when a war broke out and heroes were needed, they would find a way to return, maybe the time was near.

End of Box 11

Disclaimer, I don't own Super Mario.

I'm sure many of you have heard about Clawdia from several websites such as Wikipedia, Mariowiki, etc. For those who haven't heard of her, according to those sites and a few others, Clawdia was the name of Bowser's wife, mother of the seven original Koopalings. Nothing is known about her so I improvised on her looks based on how the koopalings look.
Sign up to rate and review this story