Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Words of a Wilted Rose

Runaway Fear

by KiMoNo-ChIcK 0 reviews

While Hatori is in the next room, Momiji steals Momo away and attempts to run back home- only to run into an unfriendly face.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hatori,Momiji - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-02 - Updated: 2009-09-03 - 359 words

0Unrated
The door slammed shut. Momiji could hear his sobbing in the otherwise silent room, and he pulled himself trembling to his feet. He could hear Hatori's footsteps wander down the hall. Momiji knew he was going to find Akito; Akito was always notified in situations in which the Soma secret was threatened.

Momiji looked around, flailing the arms of the large dress shirt Hatori had given him to wear. He didn't have much time to act, and in panic it took a few seconds for him to collect his thoughts and process the situation. He looked outside to see Momo sitting on the edge of the wooden patio, waiting patiently for someone to tell her what to do. Momiji could tell she was just as frightened as he was. "We have to go," He thought. "I can't let her forget." Momiji walked out onto the patio next to Momo. She looked up at him inquiringly. "Momo-chan, we have to leave," he said. Momo nodded determinedly and stood up to take Momiji's hand.As they stepped off of the patio, Momo winced in pain. "Is your knee okay?" Momiji asked. "Momo can't walk; it hurts," she said. Momiji instantly whisked her up in his arms. "Now hold on tight," he told her. "We're going to go pretty fast but I don't want you to let go, okay?" Momo nodded, and Momiji held her close and began to run.

Momiji ran around the opposite side of the house. "Hopefully I can reach the gate before they close it," He thought. His rabbit instincts helped him to run swiftly and silently over the grass. Momo had her eyes closed as she gripped his shirt tightly. "I'm holding her, but I haven't transformed," Momiji thought. "It must be because we're from the same family." He reached the bonsai garden near the front gate and began to sprint. He smiled, knowing that they would escape- they would make it back home, and it would be like nothing happened. Then he stepped from the shadows, a malevolent smirk across his face. Momiji stopped and stared at the face that had come to terrify him- Akito.
Sign up to rate and review this story