Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Words of a Wilted Rose

The Decisions that We Make

by KiMoNo-ChIcK 2 reviews

Hatori wants to erase Momo's memory, but not if Momiji has anything to say about it. Short chapter, but pelase R&R!

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hatori, Momiji, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-29 - 348 words

1Ambiance
Hatori had taken both Momiji and Momo inside, wrapping Momiji in a bath towel and sitting Momo in a separate room with a children's book. Hatori had laid out some of his clothes to change Momiji into, and had begun buttoning one of his large dress shirts. "Momiji-chan, who is this girl?" Hatori asked, rolling up the cuffs on the overly large shirt. Momiji looked at the ground. "She's...my sister, Hari-san." Hatori looked up, surprised. "Momiji-chan, that's ridiculous. You haven't seen your mother in years." "No, I have. I've been watching her...from a distance. I have a little sister, Momo-chan, and she..." Momiji realized that he shouldn't tell Hatori Momo and his mother were living with him, or Akito would be furious. "Hari-san, please, don't erase her memory." Hatori took his hands away from the buttons of Momiji's shirt. "Momiji-chan, I'm going to have to. It's the only way to keep the Sohma curse a secret; she cannot remember what she has seen." Momiji locked eyes with Hatori. "Hatori-san, please! She's just a child! You can't expect her to pay for her actions! Don't make her forget!" Tears began to whisper down Momiji's cheeks and his eyes narrowed with anger. "I don't want her to forget me. I want her to remember...I want her to remember who I am." Hatori stood up. "Momiji-chan..." Momiji also stood abruptly, and looked Hatori straight on. "Please! I won't tell anyone that she's seen me! We'll leave, and pretend that nothing has happened!" He felt his tears stain the shirt, and he reached up to wipe his eyes. "Momiji-chan...this is the only way." Hatori walked toward the door, but Momiji made a point to run over and block it. "I'm not letting you leave," he whispered. "I'm not letting you leave!" Hatori's eyes sharpened. "Momiji-chan, you leave me no choice." Hatori pushed him to the floor. Momiji shivered, and grabbed onto Hatori's pant leg. "Please," he said, "Hatori-san...she's my sister. I love her." "You know as well as I that love has nothing to do with it."
Sign up to rate and review this story