Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Untitled

by BrokenMinor 4 reviews

I know it doesn't go anywhere. If you don't like it, don't comment. Don't give me shit. Thanks. (:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-09-04 - Updated: 2010-02-19 - 3011 words

0Unrated
UNTITLED - ZOE. (;

Chapter one: Stuck On Repeat.

"Gerard! I won't tell you again! Get the Hell up!" - It was always nice to be woken up so pleasently.
I stretched my limbs as far as I could and moaned slightly under my breath.
It was the same every morning. I'd still be asleep between my warm, cozy sheets dreaming about something I'd never have and Jane would always wake me up at 3am. Why? Because she liked to be in control. She had every right to be in control, though, to be honest. I mean, I had to thank her for taking me in. I had nowhere to go on that cold, sharp night and if Jane hadn't have been there for me to call on I'd probably be a beaten, shot or dead man in an alley-way somewhere downtown. So, yeah, even though it had it's bad points, Jane's house was sort of a gift to me.
I finally got up at 3.30, and managed to slump down the stairs, rubbing my eyes as I went with the ball of my hand. As I reached the bottom I sneaked a peak at myself in the long hallway mirror. There, staring back at me was a 19-year-old man who looked like a boy. His ruffled, greasy black hair looked like an old wig that had just been propped on his pale head. His eyes where almost a perfect green, framed by unperfect grey circles of what was black makeup and eyeliner. His chest wasn't too hairy. I hadn't been one of the lucky kids at school who reached puberty by 13... 15... you get the picture. It didn't bother me. I hadn't been "in with the crowd" anyway. Didn't want to. "Cool" wasn't my thing. I was just one of the unpopular kids who sat at the back of the class wearing black clothes and makeup and to be honest, I liked it that way. Looking back in the mirror, the figure wore only two types of clothing: A pair of blue, dated boxers covered his "area" and one sock covered one of his size 9-and-a-half feet, showing just his big toe out of one of the many scraggy holes. This was me. Gerard Arthur freakin' Way. I honestly looked like this every morning.
Same routine. Over and over.
At the beck and call of Jane, I trampled into the kitchen and flicked the kettle on. I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and filled it with one... maybe I'll have a strong one today?... I filled it with two teaspoons of instant coffee granuals and two sugars. When the kettle clicked, signalling it was boiled, I picked it up and filled the mug to the top with water. I yawned as I placed the kettle back on the stand. I could tell it was going to be a long day. It was only 3.50 in the morning... college opened at 8.00... oh boy.
To cut a long story short, I'll skip to the part when I managed to grab my coat and shoes and scuttle out of the house with ten dollars from Jane's purse without her knowing. I didn't bother putting my coat and shoes on in the house. That would only cause more questioning as to where I was going at only 6.00am. If she had have asked, I would have lied and said I was popping to the shops to get some milk... but the truth was I just wanted to get out of that house and away from here. Mornings where Hell for me. Atleast in this place anyway.
Finally with coat and scuffed black steel-toe-capped shoes on, I walked down Cotton Drive and turned left at the T-junction onto Main Street. I knew where I was going; I was going to my favourite shop. All time favourite, infact; Starbucks. If you know who I am, then you'll also know that I love coffee and cigarettes.
I started searching my pockets for my cigs, only to find that I'd left them at Jane's. I wasn't that far away from her house but I didn't want to go back... So I guessed it was a good job I took the money from her. I sighed with relief and continued my journey.
Passing many shops; Tacco Bell, KFC, Burger King, McDonalds... this was America. Wherever you were, even if you were in the middle of nowhere or the desert, you could bet your life on it that there'd be a fast-food store near-by. I wasn't looking for a greasy burger or some chicken hot pops though. Neither was I heading for Starbucks anymore.
I was looking, first, for an off-license. I needed a fag. I normally, before I moved in with Jane, had a cigarette with my morning coffee but Jane wasn't a smoker and she had banned all smoking in the house or on her land as soon as I moved in.
"Control freak." I mumbled under my breath at this thought. I know it sounds bad, and it is, because Jane did the kindest thing and took me in somewhere safe that night, but she was so controlling!
Oh, yeah. Sorry. I forgot to tell you what "that night" was...

Chapter two: "That Night".

Well, to cut it short, I had a little too much to drink on a night out with two of my band mates, Frank and Mikey. Mikey was also my brother. We got on pretty well which people find wierd considering we were almost constantly together for band practice. But yes, we find it possible to co-operate well and have a laugh. Besides, he was my best friend. Anyway, I'd got a little tipsy and on the way home I stumbled into some... let's say, old friends. They weren't friends. They never had been. I just wanted to be dramatic and use that phrase. ;) Anyway, on the way home I bumped into them, knocking their Carlings out of their hands. There were two of them. I remembered them from the moment I looked up into their big, butch faces and when they used their trade-mark-phrase, "Man, this cow shit just pumped the blood to my fist." I knew it could only be my highschool's 8th grade bullies, Carl and Phil "Hardass" Boneston. For what must have been only a second, Carl, the taller one, looked down at me with a his usual wasp-sucking face. "I see his achne hasn't cleared up, ugly bastard." I thought to myself, hoping the Boneston's weren't psychic...
"'Ey, up! Look what SCUM we have here!" Carl made sure he got up enough flem from the back of his throught as he said "SCUM", only to fire it at me after the sentance. It hit my jacket and as I wiped it down with one sleeve, I heard Phil, the fatter one, say in his deep, puffy voice, "Oh yeah, we hit the jackpot for reunions here, 'ey C' boi!"
"C' boi". How hard-core.
"Better make sure he's..." Carl didn't finish his sentance. When I looked up, wondering why, I saw his piggy, little nose was upturned and his eyebrows covered most of his, in this not-so-light, black eyes that lay on his fat, ugly face which was hanging there near my shoulder and my neck.
I knew I smelled bad. I made sure of it. I didn't want girls following me everywhere. Not tonight. Tonight was a night to let my hair down; three months of making our first album to prove contractors that we were capable of being a proper band, and I didn't want to be bombarded with our neighborhood fans on this night. Our band wasn't hugely popular- yet. We were in a state where we were popular with the neighborhood, possibly a few cheap bars and clubs. But we were on our way to fame.
"He stinks." Carl continued.
"Gee, Thanks." I replied with a slighty over-the-top sarcastic grin.
"Ugh. Dirty scum-bag. Just like your little emo friends over there." He nodded towards Frank and Mikey, who gave me a look which I decoded as telling me they were going home. They were used to me taking care of myself, and I told them never to look after me. "Come on Phil. Let's go get some Tacco Nuggets. I can't bare to touch that dirty bastard." Carl said sharply.
As they walked off, I chuckled a little too loud and they looked back and started walking towards me again.
"Shit." I said. At this point, a bulky, butch woman in her 30's walked past me with her, atleast I thought they were her's at the time, four kids. I didn't know who she was, but she obviously knew me. She saw what was going to happen and grabbed my bony arm in her big, chubby fingers and dragged me into the nearest store... this store seemed to be the chemist. She locked the door quickly behind us and as she pulled down the blinds over the huge windows and double-doors, I saw the Boneston brothers turning away and looking very dissapointed.
She may have possibly saved my life. Who was this woman? At first, when she grabbed me I crapped myself thinking I was going to get beaten up by HER. But I was safe. I couldn't keep quiet any longer.
"Wh-who are you? What are... why did you..." I stuttered.
"Oh, shut up Gee."
Charming. I was stunned into silence.
"My name's Jane and these are my foster kids. No need to introduce them to you, They're due back at the care-home tomorrow morning." The kids where all about the same age: 13. They all looked misserable and glum. They didn't look scared though. Jane must do this alot, drag strangers from the street away from big, scary men. I giggled to myself quietly at that thought. "I know all about you." Oh great... "You and your band, I mean." Oh there's a surprise. Another obsessed fan who Googles the words, 'Gerard Way' and 'My Chemical Romance' whenever there's a chance to get on the internet. "Now, I know you've been wanting to move out of your brother's flat for ages due to it being a little cramped and Mikey wanting his own space." She Googled alot, "I figured, by what just happened, or what was going to happen, that you're a helpless, unresponsible alcoholic KID and you need my help. Fast. I can offer you a room at my place. Don't worry about rent... actually, scratch that. I'll charge you fifty bucks a month." I knew it was alot but I did need the help, as she said, fast. I knew I was going to take the offer without question... partly because I didn't wanna cramp Mikey's style anymore... mainly because I was scared she'd crush my head if I didn't. "Now, no doubt you're pissed again. Here." She handed me a Starbucks from her huge eco-friendly shopping-bag. It wasn't a surprise that she knew I loved Starbucks. Everyone who knew My Chem' knew that where there's a Starbucks, there's a Gerard Way. I took it, sniffed it. Wow. Coffee, no matter how many times I'd smelt it, it always smelt so damn good. I guessed it hadn't been poisoned for some reason and sipped it happily. "Cigarette, too, Gee?" She handed me one. Wow. She was a fan. I took that too. It was lit, so I shoved it between my cold lips and sucked. Then, as I blew out the smoke, Jane began walking up to the counter of the chemist.
The chemist was open. It was painted with bright, healthy colours like whites and pale greens. On one of the many shelves around me, I could see medicines for fevers, headaches, blocked noses... the average American cold.
Looking over at where Jane was, I could see a nurse in a pale teal uniform dress thing. She wore a nurse's watch clipped to her right breast-pocket. I couldn't tell what time it was from this distance. Her hair was up in a tidy, average bun. Her designer purple, thin-rimmed glasses covered her pale green eyes. She was young and pretty. But not smiling. Obviously tired. They closed up soon, in half and hour infact and you could tell that she was going to sleep well tonight. She handed jane a prescription and a white chemist bag, with something in it. I heard Jane thank her quietly before turning on her heels and walking back to me. She winked at me and took us back outside where Carl and Phil had been... but there was no sign of them.
No sign of anyone, infact. Frank and Mikey had left by now. I knew that they would be back at Frank's flat, Frank playing his beloved guitar which he called Pansey while Mikey watched T.V. in another room. I'd call them later.
Stepping out onto the deserted street, I closed my eyes for a few seconds and prayed that I would be okay with Jane and that she wasn't a mass murderer slash abductor thing... you get my drift. After opening my eyes, I followed cautiously behind Jane, her four foster kids infront of her. They were dragging their feet along the floor, tired. I looked at my watch, which I'd forgotten I was wearing. 11.38pm. I was a little tired, my eyelids feeling heavy and itchy, but I didn't show it. Being the alcoholic that I was I knew how to hide my state well.
"You can share a bedroom with Liam, tonight. Don't worry about making friends with any of them. They're going back tomorow." Jane reminded me. It sounded like she was shouting. I didn't know if she was or not because I was too knackered to work it out. She spoke of the kids like they were unwanted rats in a barnyard. But it had nothing to do with me, so I nodded and smiled and carried on walking.

Chapter 3: Starbucks Equals Love.

That's what "that night" was. Thrilling, huh? Yeah. So that's why I'm stuck here with Jane and her coming and going foster kids, social workers and other foster-related little shits. I hated the lot of them. But it was my only way. I knew that wherever I went I was safe here with Jane. So I had to put up with it. Until I found a job.
I managed to find an off-license and buy some cigarettes, and was now making my way towards Starbucks Coffee. I smiled. When I reached there, I grabbed a seat that was tucked behind one of the round, silver tables and sat down. I had finished smoking my cigarette five minutes before I reached the shop, and was already gasping for another. I resisted when I smelt the sweet smell of my favourite coffee. I had seven dollars left and gave into my temptations and bought one. As I was making my way out of the shop, I was struck into standing still when I saw the most beautiful woman I'd ever set my eyes upon.
Her smooth chestnut hair was blowing in the wind, perfectly styled upon her petite head. Her young face held the most beautiful hazel eyes as they twinkled in the sunrise. Her alluring nose was placed above her kissable, rose-pink lips. She looked young, around my age. She didn't show acne or freckles. No make-up was faking her and the clothes that she wore over her beautiful body were pretty but casual. Stone-washed skinny-jeans and a white vest that covered her bum, underneith a red checkered, unbuttoned shirt. She walked on white pumps...
I came out of my daydream when I realised this woman was struggling with opening the shop door. She seemed to be carrying heavy boxes of paperwork and books. I quickly ran to her rescue and opened the door for her. As she smiled at me, showing off those dazzling, white, straight teeth, she walked underneith my arm as though it was a bridge.
"Thankyou." she said. I couldn't help but smile back at her. She was gorgeous. I noticed she wore a necklace with her name on: "Lyn-Z".
"Can I buy you a coffee, Lyn-Z?"
"Huh? How did you..." I winked at her and looked at her name-tag. "Oh. Ha, yeah. Stupid me."
"I'm Gerard." I smiled.
"Well, pleased to meet you Gerard." She attempted to shake my hand, forgetting she was carrying heavy goods. I caught them just in time before they reached the floor.
"I'll carry these for you. You don't wanna be hurting yourself now, do you?" I grinned.
"Well, you are a gentlemen. I'll take that coffee you offered me?" She showed an astounding smile back, and I couldn't stop my heart from fluttering.

Chapter 4: Losing Track Of Time.

I'd never spoken to someone for as long as I had with Lyn-Z that day. Atleast, not to a girl anyway. And esspecially not to a girl as pleasent as her. We chatted for ages, and I was losing track of time before she said,
"Oh bum! I almost forgot about college. Look, really sorry Gerard, but I really have to be going. It's been great talking to you!"
"Wait, what college?" I asked.
"White Falls."
"Oh, that's the same as me!" I grinned like a geek and regretted it straight after.
"Haha, well looks like I'll be seeing more of you then. Here," She handed me a white piece of shiny, laminated card. "Call me sometime and we can catch up? Thanks for the coffee!" and off she went. She was back within a couple of seconds. "Oh God. I swear I'm losing it!" She picked up the big cardboard box that was beside me. I smiled as she walked out, before reading the slip of card.
"Lyn-Z - 555-764-888 (:"
I'd call her later, when I had the guts. Right now, as I realised by looking at the shop's wall clock, I had to get a move on. College opened in half an hour.

- Untitled by Zoe. (;
Sign up to rate and review this story