Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

Chances

by SafeBehindMusic 2 reviews

Doctors Appointment and some chatting. Boys will show up again soon. Second update in one day.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-07 - Updated: 2009-09-07 - 1335 words

0Unrated
So here I was sitting in the back of Joseph’s car heading to yet another doctors appointment. I was a little bummed out that I could not talk to the guys and thank them after school. Hopefully Tyler would get the message to them and one of them would call.

Secretly I was hoping that Jack called. He was someone I liked hanging around. He reminded me of Maggie.

“So how was it?” Joseph asked.

“Honestly?”

“no I want you to lie to me. Celeste you know that your father wants to make sure that everything is going smoothly. He cant concentrate on his work if he has to worry about you all day long.”

Jeez. Today had been a good first day all in all. It could have been a lot more disastrous. Believe it or not I was actually looking forward to tomorrow. Something in me wanted to make this difficult for Joseph.

“It was fine Joseph. I got pelted with papers. Abandoned in the hallway. Had to deal with a bit of machismo and then got waltzed around the room by what I assume to be a very handsome stranger.”

Thankfully we had arrived at a red light, if not the car behind us would have driven right into us because after I finished my sentence Joseph slammed on the brakes. I could hear him turn around in his seat and see the blur of his facial features. Things had gotten eerily quiet.

“Please tell me you just made all of that up just to get under my skin?”

“Nope. All true. Actually I thing the abandonment and machismo came before the paper pelting but the waltz was definitely last.” I said with a chuckle.

Before he could respond the car behind us honked. I assume that it was a green light and Joseph was holding up traffic. Probably some soccer mom who had a car filled with screaming children.

“You know I have it in my right mind to chuck you out of this car young lady. Tell the truth.” Joseph scolded from the front seat.

“Fine. School was great.”

“Are you sure that school was fine.”

This was what I hated the most. People asking me a kazillion times it something was or was not okay.

“yes. I promise. Actually I don’t think that I will need you. The kids that they have showing me around are really nice. I want to try this without you.”

Truthfully I wanted to be able to be a bit normal. Joseph was like my dads watchdog. He was to check in after every appointment, outing, bathroom break, you name it. I would never get a second to breath if Joseph was following me around the school. That and I would stick out even more.

“I will discuss it with your dad when we get home.”

“speaking of which I need to make a few stops before we go home. You have dads credit card right?”

“I do but….”

“good cause we need to go to the computer place after my appointment. I need a few upgrades on the mobile one to make things a little easier for the teachers. I also have a list of things I need for a project I need to start so we need to go to a craft store.”

“Celeste you have to go straight home after your appointment.”

“But why?”

“You know how sick you get after the doctors.”

Oh. I had almost forgot. This doctors appointment was one of the bad ones. This was one of the ones where they place you in a really bright room for half an hour and then yank you out and place you into complete darkness. Then just when things could not get any worse they yank you from total darkness and place you back into a room with extreme light hoping that by some miracle your sight would return.

Okay actually this was all a process to prepare people who are visually impaired deal with the idea of complete vision loss.

That was the road I was walking on. Based on my last appointment my vision had decreased by a whole two points. Within a year I would be completely blind.

“did you hear what I said?” Joseph asked.

Absolutely not.

“yes?”

“Celeste… you need to take this more serious.”

“why? Its not like I can change any of this. This is not my fault.” I said. I knew that if I could see myself in the mirror I would look like I was about to cry.

“Look don’t be upset. If you are up to it we can go to those stores and then go get something to eat at this cute little mom and pop restaurant I found this morning. Sound good?”

“are you bribing me so that I wont cry?”

“Depends is it working?”

“Yes”

“Then yes.”

After about another 15 minute car ride in silence we arrived at the doctors office. Walking in the light struck me like a ton of bricks. On the one hand I could see a little better. If I held my hand up in front of my face I could probably see it.

The worst thing about this place was that my old doctor closed his practice and I basically had to start over with this one.

“Hello. You must be Celeste. Am I right.” It was a woman that greeted me at the door. She seemed kind of perky and maybe a little out of place.

“Um yeah. Hi?”

“My name is Joyce. I am Dr. Cruz’s assistant. Lets take you to the back while your chaperone fills out some paperwork. Come on right this way.”

I could feel the woman leading me to the back of the office. Once there I was placed in a room and told to wait for the doctor. No less that 30 seconds later he walked into the room.

“So Celeste, I’ve been going over your charts and I’m noticing a steady decline in vision.”

I could feel my heart drop into the pit of my stomach. This was supposed to be a check up not an actual consultation.

“Tell me something I don’t know doc.”

“Well. The reason I wanted you rushed in here is because I spoke with your father a few weeks ago to discuss the idea of clinical trials.”

PING! That was my stomach dropping to my feet.

“you want to use me as a lab rat don’t you.”

“No. Your father will not allow that. So I posed another idea to him and he said that I needed to discuss it with you.”

“well what’s the other option?”

“cornea transplantation. I need to run a few more test but based on your age and the fact that other than this you are healthy as a horse I would say that you are a perfect candidate.”

This guy was pulling my leg. Didn’t he know that they told me that would never be an option.

“Look doc. I think you have the wrong file. They told me when this happened that transplants would never be an option.”

“That’s because you were too young. Science has come a long way in the past 10 years Celeste. This decision is ultimately yours. If you want to do this we need to get you measured and then get you on the list.”

This was so not what I was expecting when I walked into this office. I was expecting a “You will be blind by tomorrow.” Not a “there’s hope.” Today had been a good day. I didn’t know what tomorrow had in store but there was one thing I was sure about. I had a chance. The only question was. Would I take it?

~~~~~~~
Okay lovies so the next update should be on Wed. Please review and rate. Be sure to answer the casting call if you want a part.

PixieOUT!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story