Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Life Is A Perception Of Your Own Reality

Maybe You're The One That's OVERRATED

by NotesFromPaige 0 reviews

Hagen made me write this chapter in day... O_O well you should read the story and review/rate/whatever else you can possibly do, it. AND ITS A COMMAND, SO YOU MUST DO SO! R for the term: Laid...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-12 - Updated: 2009-09-12 - 2878 words

0Unrated
Brendon's POV

Whoa. What is this? She's gonna start being nice to me?
That's a change.
I just smiled back at her, and looked away.
Change in heart much? Maybe see didn't hate me in the first place, or maybe someone said something to her to make her stop hating me. Maybe she was impressed with my guitar skill. Maybe she thought my frantic head movements were funny. Maybe she was in a good mood.
Maybe I'm a freak over analyzes everything. Yea, I'm pretty sure thats it.

"Okay, kids. Let's try that song over again, now that I know one of you knows how to play it" Mr. Blank instructed.
I blushed. I don't take complements well.
"One, two, three, go!"

I started playing. Guitar was second nature to me. I didn't really have to think about it. Look at the notes, play them. Its that simple. My fingers sliding left and right, to each fret. Plucking the strings. The feel of it, was just something I really enjoyed.
The sound around me was... disapointing. Hearing the harsh tones of guys strumming the wrong strings. The weak sound of a girl, catiously playing, so she doesn't hit the wrong notes. But I did hear some kids playing it right. And Hagen then there was Hagen; guitarless, sitting there cracking up.

"What's so funny, Miss Marshall?" The teacher asked her, after the song. He raised an eyebrow.
"You guys suck. Well, at least most of you do." Hagen said, giggling. She was brutally honest. Was I the one who didn't suck? Or maybe she was talking about all the kids who played it right, I assume. Well, she probably was, cause I heard some good playing, and what not. She probably heard more correct notes from more than one person. That one person being myself. Or maybe she was just saying that so she didn't get everybody in the class pissed. Maybe-
Again with the over analyzing.
The class went silent.
"ACKWARD SILENCE! A GAY-" Jack, the kid from English, started.
Hagen held up her hand, palm facing him. "Don't even." She told him, coldly. She shut him up.
"A little harsh now, are we?" Mr. Blank asked her.
"I dunno. You asked." She shrugged.
He sighed, and answered a answered a question, from a kid with his hand in the air.
Little miss attitude. Although she said the things that needed to be said.

"Puh-lease, I bet you a million dollars that you couldn't play that." A girl, 5 seats down said. She had long brunette hair, with bangs that where right about her eyes, and ridicously straight teeth.
"Puh-lease, I bet you couldn't go an entire sentence without inserting 'uh' somewhere in it, Lavato." Hagen shot back at her, mimicking her tone.
"She totally could!" Jonas shot at her, inserting himself into the quarell.
"She totally could!" She mimicked at him.
"Uh, you're so annoying!" The Lavato chick whined.
"Honey, You don't even know annoying. Annoying is listening you two bitch and moan about every little thing." She glared at them.
"You're so.......... EMO!" Jonas spat at her.
"Wow... That was really pathetic, you diabetic bitch." She smirked, matter-of-factly.
"Uh! That's so mean! It's not his fault he has diabetes!!1111!!!" Lavato cried at her, disgusted.
"Yes it is." Hagen said in monotone.
"SHUT UP, NO ITS NOT!" He denfended.
"Yes it is." She said back, bored.
"NO ITS NOT!" They both screamed.
"You two bore me. I hope you get molested by dolphins." She said blandly, and pulled out her notebook.

Molested by dolphins? Thats new.

-Friday Night-

"Bye, Mom! I'll be back later!" I said walking out the door.
"Okay, honey! Have fun!" She shouted back.

I'm meeting Caro, Ryan, William, Kyle, Paige, Oli, and Hagen a Paige's house. Oli was the screamer for Paige and Hagen's band. Along with Casey Calvert and Ronnie Radke. Casey played guitar, and so did Ronnie. Although, the two were closer to Oli. He was in my English class. Oli had tatoos that covered 75% of his torso and up. He has long brown hair, and snake bites. The boy also had a really thick Enligsh accent. Good looking kid, I'm not gonna lie.

This week was interesting. Hagen, seemed to have a new opinion of me everyday.
Monday: Seemed to hate me
Tuesday: Seemed to like me
Wendsay: Seemed to ignore me
Thurday: Refused to look at me
Today: Ignored my exsistance
I could be wrong, considering she hasn't said more than 5 words to me the whole week.Although, I the way she looked at me, and acted towards me, gave me an idea of what she was thinking.

1289 Maple drive.
I looked up at the house, and down at the paper with an adress scribbled on it. Yup thats it. I opened the gate which enclosed a court yard. There was a beautiful garden with flowers and plants everywhere. Even in the dark you could see all the colors of the vibrant roses, and hydrangeas.
I rang the door bell, and suddenly, I heard barking, that scared me so much, it made me jump.
The door opened. Three multi-colored dogs, and a semi-tall pre-teen boy appeared. He had short dark brown hair, really rosey cheeks, and wasn't wearing a shirt. He looked a whole crap load like Paige. Except the no-shirt thing. In back of him, was a giant stair case. There was a flight of stairs to the right, and to the left. Both of them meeting. It was one of those houses you would see on MTV's cribs. The floor was white, high ceilings, chandalear, coffee table in the middle on the room, with flowers on it, cliche house, but it was still elegant.... and huge.
"Can I help you?" The kid asked, with wide eyes.
"Uh... yeah. Paige here? Is this 1289 maple drive, or am I just stupid, and its the house next to this one?" I asked, scratching my head.
"Naw, you're in the right house. What's your name?" He asked.
"Um, Brendon...." I said, unsure.
"I see. Now Brenny boy, Paige here, she's got a boy friend, who she seems quite happy with. I MEAN, I'M SUPRISED SHE ISN'T PREGGERS YET. LIKE, HOLY JESUS. But she isn't. I'm sorry buddy boy, but you're just gonna have to get laid somewhere else. But,you see she has this friend, Caro, and lemme tell you-" He ranted. I feel so sorry for Paige.
"No no no no, I'm not looking..... for that.... we're supposed to go to the guitar place, and get a movie and stuff." I could feel my face go bright red.
"Is that supposed to be a sexual joke? Movie and stuff? You know, in my 13 years, I have noticed things. I have noticed what the actual meaning of stuff means! Did you know that-"
"LUKAS. RUN AWAY BEFORE I AM FORCED TO SET YOU ON FIRE." Paige yelled from upstairs,in reaction to my harrassment.
"Gotta go. It was nice to meet you! Call me! Here's my card!" Lukas gave me a card, and ran away from Paige, who was chasing him, up the stairs.
The card read: Lukas Castro. 746-594-7364. Just call me, when you're lonely, baby.
Oh Jesus.

Ryan and William came appeared from upstairs.
"Wassup man?" Ryan called from upstairs, leaning on the railing. Over the week, we talked alot during lunch, and class, and became pretty good friends. Actually, come to think of it, everybody who sat at the lunch table, I seemed to become close to. Expect for one person.

"Nothing. Just standing here, and what not." I said. Rocking on my heals.
"Do you wanna just stand there the rest of the night, or come in?" William asked.
"Ah, I'll come in." I stepped inside of the house. I heard a big bang, as soon as I walked in.
"That'll teach you!" Paige walked in from the other room, Lukas running in front of her, hand rubbing his head.
"Hi Brendon! Sorry for the harassment. He does that, to everyone." She explained, welcoming me in. I reached out for a hug, which isn't something I would normally do, but I just felt inclined to hug her. It seemed like a routine. She hugged me back.
"Its okay."
She pulled away.
"They're all here, follow me."
I followed her. She skipped up the stairs and ran into a room. I followed. Ryan and William walking in, in front of me.
The room was huge. It was a light green rectangular room that smelled of strawberry. On the far wall was a queen sized bed, with gray sheets. The left wall was unocuppied, except for a window. The right wall held up a built in white, long, wooden dresser, with a huge mirror on nailed above it. The top of dresser was a mess of trophies, random clothes, pictures, accezories, and books. Next to the door was a plasma screen TV, surrounded by Caro, Oli, Kyle, and Hagen, on bean bags. They were staring at the TV, with Xbox controllers in hand. They were playing Halo.
"NO! NO! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN KILL ME LIKE THAT..... HOMIE.... DO YOU WANNA GO? DO YOU WANNA GO?! LETS GO MISTER! LETS GO!" Caro screamed at the TV.
"ONE, TWO, THREE..... DEAD!" Kyle announced.
Someone blew up.
Kyle stood up, and threw the controller he was using, on the bean bag was sitting on.
"What now!?" Kyle asked Caro.
Caro stood up, and turned off the TV.
"Ima gonna get you next time Kylie. You wait." She warned him.

"Hi Brendon!" Caro threw her arms around me.
"Hey."
"Guys ready to go?" Ryan asked
"Sure." Oli answered.

They all stood up, and grabbed their belongings that were lying around the room.
"So where are we exactly going?" I asked, for anyone to answer.
"Well, Hagen needs to acquire a guitar, Paige needs to get strings, and Oli needs to buy a new mic, and I heard you were gonna get something, we have to stop by guitar center. Which is in this complex that has a block buster, CD store, and a Vans store, so while you guys get what you need to get, we're gonna go get a movie, and shop around." Kyle explained.
"I see. How are we getting there exactly?" I asked. I hate not knowing things.
"Paige's older brother said he'd drop us off, and pick us up."
"Are we gonna fit in the car?"
"Yeah, and if there's not enough room, we'll strap you to the roof. Just relax, everythings fine." Kyle punched me in the arm lightly.
"Mkay." I bit my lip.

We all walked down stairs.
There was a skinny guy, 20ish, with short brown hair, and car keys in hand.
"So are we ready to go?" He asked.
"Yuh, huh." Paige answered
I'm gonna assume that's her brother.
We all piled into this 9 seater, 2009, black Escalade.
"Buckle your seat belts." He instructed.

We drove off. About 5 minutes later, we arived at this shopping strip. I saw neon signs that read "BlockBuster", "Vans","Guitar Center", "Cold Stone Creamery", and much more. We were dropped off in front of the complex.

"Okay, so we'll be in the guitar store, for like, ehhh, an hourish? Its 7:00 now, we'll meet you here, 8:05. Kay. We're gonna leave now, Bye." Paige told them.
"Bye......." They said.
Hagen, Oli, Paige and myself walked in the instrument store.
Holy shit. It was huge. Like, really huge. At least 5 times the size of Arizona's. There was a room for guitar, bass, drums, microphones, pianos, brass instruments, you name it.
"Whooaa." I mummbled.
"Told you you'd like it." Paige mummbled back at me.
Oli and Paige went their seperate ways, but me and Hagen walked towards the guitar room. There were at least 100 guitars in there.
"Whoooaa." I mummbled again.
Hagen rolled her eyes, and walked towards the wall of guitars.

Hagen's POV

I'm pretty sure all he can say is "Whoaaa", while staring like an idiot. But the guitars where pretty. I walked towards a black Gibson, and ran my fingers on the strings. I like this one. Its pretty. And it looks cool. I shall name it, and its name shall be Charlay.
I turned around, and Brendon was walking carrying a cherry red, Fender stratocaster, to the amp. He plugged it in, and started playing. I recognized what he was playing, after a few seconds.
"Girl's not gray!" I remembered, and announced uncontrolably.
He turned around, and looked at me, somewhat suprised.
"Yeah. How'd you know?" He asked.
"AFI's one of my favorite bands, and that's my favorite song by them." I confessed, pressing my lips together.
"Really?"
"Really, really." I smiled
"That's cool..... Come here, and bring that guitar with you. I'll teach you a few chords." He offered.
"Naw, its okay." I resisted.
"No, come on. I want to." He reassured with a smile.
I took the black shiny Gibson off of the wall, sat down next to Brendon, and plugged the chord into the guitar.
"Mkay, so for the first chord, you wanna place your fingers on the E, C, and B." He said, putting his fingers on those notes. I put my fingers on 'the E, C, and B'.
"Good, now strum from the top string." He instructed. He played the chord, and it sounded so perfect, so clear.
Then I attempted. I could barely get the notes out. I winced at the sound of it.
He chuckled.
"Okay, try arching your fingers a bit more, and try it again." He advised.
I arched my fingers, and suprisingly it sounded right.
"Nice job. Now next chord is F, G, A." He strummed his guitar, and again, it sounded marvelous.
I placed my fingers on what I thought to be 'the F, G, A', although when I played it, it sounded wrong. I strummed it again. Yup, wrong notes.
"Here, move your ring finger to the left one fret, your middle up one." He said, looking down at my fingers.
I moved my fingers, but I'm not sure if in the right way. I looked up, confused.
He smiled. I noticed he has the fullest lips ever known to man, and the prettiest brown puppy-dog eyes.
He moved my fingers around the neck of the guitar, to different frets.
"Now try." He told me.
I strummed, and it actually sounded right.
I smiled at the sound of it.
"Nice." He said, with a smile of his own.
"How long have you been playing?" I asked him.
"Since.... I was about 7"
"That's cool."
"What about you? How long have you been writing for?" He asked curiously.
"Since maybe around.... 10. I really got into music, and poetry, so I figured to start writing my own." I shurgged.
"That's awesome. How long has this 'Medical Plaza' been for?"
"I met Paige when we were 13. She played bass in Jazz Band, and that was the year I started playing set. We both met Oli the summer of 9th grade. Casey and I, knew each other since 4th grade, and Ronnie was Casey's friend. "
Looked down at his guitar, and started playing some jazzy riffs, and ablurtly stoped after a few seconds.
"Yeaahh, I played jazz band too." He said sheepishly.
"I would imagine, you're really good." I complemented him.
"Thanks." He blushed, and looked at his feet.
There was a long pause.
"So, do you have the patience to teach me the rest of the song, or do I have to learn it from youtube?" I asked.
"Sure." He said, with a small smile.

We must of had a damn good time, because suddenly it was 7:55. Brendon taught me the song, and we had the occasional small talk. He had he cutest habbits. Blushing, and biting and licking his lips, have never looked more adorable.
Paige and Oli walked in on me fumbling through the song, and Brendon practically staring at my fingers. He was really patient with teaching me how to play. I probably would of stoped by after learning the 5rd chord, if He wasn't so encouraging.

"Knock. Knock." Oli said, blandly. We looked up, Paige and Oli had apparently checked out already, because they both had plastic bags in their hands.
"Hey." I said.
"Wassup?" Brendon asked.
"We've actually gotta leave." Paige informed us.
"Oh, shit. I gotta pay." I mummbled.
"Righhhtttt, I gotta do that too." Brendon addded.
"You've got ten minutes, we'll meet you outside." Oli said. Both of them left.
"Are you getting that guitar?" Brendon asked me.
I looked down at the shiny sleek guitar in my hands.
"Definatley. What about yourself? That's a nice fender." I asked.
"Yeah. I'm in serious need of a new one."
We brought our guitars up to the register.

After 10 fucking minutes of the cashier trying to ring up the intruments, we were done at that store.
"That took long enough." Brendon said on our way out.
"Dude, I know. That was ridiculous."
Brendon opened the door for me.
"After you Miss." He said politly.
"Thank you." I smiled.

We made our way to the group outside.
"Guys got what you need?" William asked.
"Yup, yup." I said.

I have just fallen in love with Brendon Urie.
Sign up to rate and review this story