Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Life Is A Perception Of Your Own Reality

...Slowdance On The Inside

by NotesFromPaige 0 reviews

Eh. Its 11:17 at night, I need to be asleep don't have time to summarize this. Just read/rate/review it home skillet. R for use of the term: IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE A SEXUAL JOKE?!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-12 - Updated: 2009-09-12 - 2966 words

0Unrated
Brendon's POV

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
Did that just happen?
Hagen, A girl I thought hated me, ended up being one of the coolest human beings, I have ever met.
No, I don't so. I don't think it actually happened.............. No it happened.
We spent an hour in the guitar room, me teaching her a song, laughing, remeniscing, and just talking.
Completly different from any of the classes we shared.
It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. She was easy to talk to, I felt like I was talking to myself. We thought so similarily. She was so thoughtful in what she said, and when I talked, she actually listened, unlike most girls. Her passion for writing was so inspiring. She took all the stress, critizism, and unwanted opinions from her peers and parents, and wrote lyrics about it. She was so self confident, and didn't care what people thought of her. I really liked that about her. And she had this adorable lip biting habit. AND, most importantly, she loved music, like myself.
I smiled to myself.

"Whatcha smiling at?" Ryan asked.
We were all waiting outside, waiting for Paige's brother.
"Huh, what? Oh, nothing." I said quickly.
They all gave me strange looks, except for Hagen. She chuckled silently.
"Hey, what kinda guitars did you guys get?" William asked, pointing at the guitars cases in our hands.
"A black shiny Gibson named Charaly." Hagen blinked.
"Named Charaly?" Caro raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, named Charaly!" She shot back at her.
"I gotta Red Fender." I added.
"Thats cool." William nodded.
"Hey, so what movie did you guys get?" Paige asked.
"2 missed calls. Its sequel of 1 missed call." Kyle answered.
I saw 1 missed call. That movie was scary, but that's okay cause I love scary movies.
"Very clever." Oli said. I'm not sure whether he was sarcastic or not.
"Yay! I've been wanting to the sequel, ever since the first one came out." Hagen smiled.
"Ehhh. You know how I do in scary movies." Paige complained.
William came up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist.
"You'll be fine." He said, pecking her cheek.
Paige didn't seem like one for scary movies.
"Yes, I know exactly how you do in scary movies, that's exactly why I picked it!" Kyle annouced. He smiled widely.
"Ugh. You suck." She said complained.
"Teehee." Kyle poked her arm.
She slapped at his hand.
"You get yourself offa me." She snapped at him.
"Teehee....."

The car came around and we all jumped in.
"Hey, I'm ordering pizza later, you guys want something?" Paige's brother asked.
"Yeah, that'd be awesome. What do you guys want?" Paige asked us.
"I want pepperoni!" Kyle shouted.
"I'm a vegetarian." Hagen and I said at the same time. I looked at her, suprised.
"Really?" I asked her.
"Yups." She nodded.
That's awesome.
"YOU'VE BEEN OVER RULED BURNS." Caro announced.
"Just get an extra large cheese." Paige told her brother.
"Mkay."

When we got back to her house it was 8:30. We took a long time getting back, for some reason.
We jogged upstairs to her room. Or at least, I think that was her room.
Everybody pulled out a beanbag, and colapsed. Except for Kyle, he laid face down on the carpet.
We just laid there for a good ten minutes. Doing nothing. Just thinking. It was a comforable silence.
Ryan stood up and put the movie on, and doused the lights.
I was sitting next to Hagen, Ryan and Caro. In front of us were Kyle, who got up off the floor, Paige, William and Oli.
The movie started at night. It focused in on a bus stop, next to a green stop light, with an old lady waiting for the bus. Buddled up. Long wool skirt, hideous blue jacket, with the hood up; her face hidden. The bus stop was in front of a nearly deserted gas station, with the neon signs almost burnt out. How original. The light turned red. The incoming cars, slowed down, and stoped, blocking your view of the woman. When the light turned green, and of course, the woman disappeared. The screened blacken. The ringtone from the previous movie playing. Already, Paige started whimpering. She hid in William's arms. He chuckled, and stroked her hair.
About an hour into the movie there's a scene were the main character, some 17 year old girl, is walking in a dark alley. She hears her name being called, and follows the voice, that's around the corner. Hagen leaned forwards. When the girl turns the corner, right at the climax of the scene, when Hagen put her hand on Paige's shoulder, and screamed.
Paige flipped out. She screamed, jumped in 5 feet in the air, and went into beatle position.
Hagen went into hysteria, and fell back, on her bean bag.
Everybody started cracking up, including myself and William. It was pretty damn funny. Props to Hagen.
"YOU ASS! DAMN YOU!" Paige got outta beatle position, and started smacking Hagen hard upon the head.
Hagen was still laughing boisterously, sheilding her head with her arms.
"You're.... such.... a.... sissy..." Hagen exclaimed in between uncontrolable laughter.
"I hate you." Paige glared at her.
"I..... know..." She said still laughing.
Hagen finally stopped laughing, after a good 5 minutes. Caro paused the movie after thirty seconds. We couldn't hear shit.
"Are you done?" Oli asked in his thick accent.
"Yeaaahhhh." She sighed.

Suddenly, Paige's brother came in, making her jump a little. But he came in with pizza!
"Its about time. 30 minutes, my ass." Caro murmurded.
"What's all the screaming about?" Her brother asked.
"This one. Right here." William said pointing to Paige.
"Is that suppossed to be a sexual joke? What are you trying to say? Is there something going on between you two? Huh? Talk to me lover boy!" He interogated, with a disgusted face.
William and Paige's face went red.

[lmfao. 'Is that suppossed to be a sexual joke?' is an inside joke between me and Hagen. We use it quite a bit. I've been having impure sexual jokes lately, and I find it hilarious xD and... I was listening to my ipod on shuffle when writing this chapter, and when I wrote the last 3 lines, Slow Down just happened to start playing O_O]

I chuckled. Is that suppossed to be a sexual joke?! I see that was a family thing. Or a thing with her brothers, I don't know.
"What, no!" Will defended.
Paige shot her brother a look.
"Haha, I'm just playing. Here's your children's pizza." He gave the pizza boy to Ryan, and trotted out of the room, still laughing at his own joke.
"Jesus Christ." Paige mummbled.
We all grabbed a piece of pizza.

"Yeah, Paige! IS THAT SUPPOSSED TO BE A SEXUAL JOKE?!" Hagen asked her with wide eyes.
"Fuck you." She retorted.
"IS THAT SUPPOSSED TO BE A SEXUAL JOKE TOO!? FUCK ME?!"
"You are so close to me throwing your 'Charlay', out the window." She threatened.
Hagen giggled, and took a bite outta her pizza.
"Why'd you name your guitar 'Charlay', anyways?" Ryan asked.
"Because I could."

We ate pizza and finished the movie. The movie was disapointing. It was really predictable. Although, scary enough to freek out some people..... Caro stood up and took out the dvd and put it back in its case.
Ehhh. It was late.
"Daaayyyuummmmm, that movie was long? What time is it?" I yawned.
"Ish.... almost 11." Ryan said, lazily.
"Holy, shit. I totally lost track of time. I don't think my mom will appreciate having to let me in at 11 at night. I lost my key." I said, scratching my head.
"Yeah, mine too." Kyle added.
"Ehh, you guys can just spend the night. I don't care. Caro and Hagen were gonna spend the night anyhow." Paige offered.
"Kayyyyyy."
The girls walked out of the room to get changed.
I got on my phone, and dialed home.
RRRRIIINNNGGG. RRRIIINNNGGGG.
"Hello?" My mother answered the phone.
"Mom? Hey."
"Brendon. Where are you? When are you coming home?" She sounded worry.
"I'm at my friend Paige's house. I'm just gonna spend the night, since I don't feel like walking home. I don't wanna get mugged."
"Paige's house?"
"Yeah."
"Is she your girlfriend? Is there something I should know?"
"No mother. She is not. Just a friend. A bunch of close friends of mine are over here, spending the night too."
"Mkay. Fine. Call me in the morning."
"Okay. Night."
"I love you."
"I love you, too." I blinked.
"I LOVE YOU MORE!!!!!!" Kyle added.
"You're a douche." I told him.
"Brendon Boyd Urie. What did you call me!?" My mom screamed at me, appalled.
"What? Nothing Mom, night."
I hung up.
Kyle snickered.

"Okay Dad!!!....... I'm sorry!.... No I'm not doing anything like that.....No......I promise..... Good night." I overheard Ryan on the phone.
Ryan hung up. He looked really annoyed.
"You okay?" I asked him, concerned.
"I fucking hate my dad." He said, his eyes trailing around the room.
"What? Why?"
"He's a fucking alcoholic wreck, who doesn't trust a single cell cell in my body. According to him, I'm the worst mistake he's ever made. I'm fucking tired of living with him. I'm tired of fucking knowing him."
I was sympathetic for him. He was a great kid, I suprised he'd come from such a hateful home.
"Oh. I'm sorry man." I put my hand on his shoulder.
"It's not your fault." He looked up at me.
Shit man. Hateful fathers. Sucidial boyfriends. Everybody here was messed up.

"Here are comforters, you've got bean bags. You guys will be fine on the floor." Paige walked in, carrying blankets and suck, with Caro and Hagen following. All of wearing polka dotted pajama bottoms, and the shirt they were previously had on. Hagen tossed all of us guys pajama bottoms.
"There's a bathroom down the hall, you can change there." She intructed.
"Mkay."
I changed into some flannel, blue pjs. I'm gonna assume that they were her brother's.
I came back to Paige's room. Caro was laying down on the bean bags, and Ryan was playing with her hair. Kyle and Oli went back to playing Halo. William was sitting on the bed, listening to his ipod, and Paige and Hagen were sitting down in the corner of the room, having a very intense looking conversation. Hagen's eyes wandered around the room, and when they found my eyes, they automatically went to her feet.

Hagen's POV

Paige pulled me aside when Brendon left the room.
"Ohhhhhhhhh. You so like him. You so do. Don't even try to deny it! Don't even." She attacked.
"What are you even talking about?"
"You totally like Brendon." I smirked.
"Wait, what?! I don't like him! You don't know anything!" I defended, even though she was right.
"Yeah, don't even try to pull that with me. You know you like him."
"No. I. Don't."
"Don't lie to yourself, sweetheart. YOU ISH LOVE!!!" She sang.
"Shut your face. No, I don't." I glared at her.
"You guys spent an hour laughing, and talking, and lollygagging in the store. Do you even know how you look at him?"
"Like I wanna punch a baby?" I guessed. Flassshhhyyybbacckkk.
"No, actually, your first guess was right. Like you've seen an angel actually."
"Paige, that was the most wittiest thing I have EVER heard in my life." I told her, sarcastically.
"Yeah, I know. Don't hate, appericiate. Just admit it. You like him."
I blinked at her.
"YOU'RE DOING FLIPS, READ MY LIPS, YOU'RE IN LOVEEEEEEE!" She sang, again.
"I will shoot you, Castro." I warned.
"Lalalalalalalalala...... Just admit it........" She danced around the room.
"No."
"HAGEN KELTIE MARSHALL IS IN LOVE WITH-" She started.
"SHUT THE HELL UP. Fine, maybe I do like him. What's it to you?" I confessed.
"Ah hah. I was right." She smiled.

Brendon walked in the room, with blue pjs. It clashed with his bright red tshirt, but he looked adorable. End of conversation. Me and Paige both shut up and looked around the room. I looked up, and Brendon was there. My face went red, and I looked away. He strayed away from me, and jumped in the game of Halo.
Paige chuckled, got up, and sat on the bed with William, leaving me by my lonesome.
I knew she wasn't going to tell anyone about my liking Brendon, but I didn't like her knowing.

I stood up, and joined Ryan and Caro. Ryan was sitting there picking at his nail beds, and playing with Caro's hair.
"Sup?" I sat down.
"Nooottthhhiingggggggg..." Ryan trailed off.
"I see."
"Ish dark outside." Caro said face down on the blankets.
"Yeaaahhhhhhhh." I relpied.
"So what did you guys do in the guitar shop?" Ryan asked.
"Oh, Brendon just taught me a song. We talked and stuff." I replied blissfully, trying to make it seem like no big deal.
"He's a good kid." Ryan said, looking his way.
"He is."
"He's pretty cute too." Caro added.
"Yes. That is correct." I replied, try not to smile.
"Awww. Look at that smile. You have a wittle crush on Brendon." Caro poked my arm.
"Shut up. No I don't. I already had this conversation with Paige."
"Yeah. You so like him." Caro poked me again. I slapped her hand away.
"What is up with you people and poking! I do not like him." I said a little too loudly. Loud enough for Brendon, Oli, and Kyle, to turn around from their game, and look at us wierd. Brendon looked up at me, with confused eyes. I blushed and looked away.
"There's nothing to look at here." Caro snapped at them. They turned around and continued with their game.
"Yeah. Don't even try to deny it." Ryan chuckled.
I glared at them.
Caro glared back.
"Mmhmm. You know I'm right." She said. As much as I didn't want to admit it, she was right.
"Grrr." I growled at them.

Brendon's POV

Everybody crashed around 2:30. I stood up and turned off the lights. The only light there was, was the light from the moon, coming in from the window. The blindes were open, so it was generally light.
I was tired but, I couldn't sleep. Just thinking.
I liked her, but did Hagen like me back? I wonder who she was talking about when she said, "I don't like him!". Was she talking about me? And when she said she didn't like him, did she mean that she didn't like him as a person? Or did she mean she liked him as a person, but didn't like him like that? I thought that she liked me. Not as a crush, but just as a friend. We seemed to get along fine. She probably didn't feel the connection. That's okay though. I probably wouldn't feel the same way, if I was her, I mean-
Over analyzing. I do that too much.

A few minutes later, I heard a sigh from a couple feet behind me, and saw someone sit up. It was Hagen.
She looked around the room.
"Urie, you up?" Hagen asked me, tired.
I sat up too.
"Yeahhhhh. Can't sleep." I relpied, matching her tired tone.
"Yeah. Me either. Just thinking."
I wanna know what's going on in that pretty head of yours.... [another Chiodos lyric. I can't help myself.]
"Me too."
A few moments of silence went by.
"Brendon, do you like living in Vegas?" She asked softly.
"Ehh. It's okay. Why do you ask?"
"I dunno, I just can't really tell. Its hard to figure you out, you know that?" She said with a slight smile playing on her face.
Well, its nice to know that she's been think about me, that's for sure.
"Heh. So I've been told. You're not the easiest to read ,either. Be honest, what did you think of me the first day I came to school?" I asked the question that was burning in my mind for days on end.
"You really wanna know?" She didn't seem like she wanted to tell me.
"Yes." I answered quietly.
"Well, to be honest, I didn't like you too much. I thought you were really annoying, and clingy." She said, avoiding looking at me.
My heart sunk. I knew her answer already, but it still hurts.
I am overly sensitive.

Hagen's POV

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.
Why did I say that?
"Oh. I see." Brendon responded in a quiet voice. His eyes wandering on the floor.
I could tell I hurt him.
I laughed silently. My desperate attempt to lighten the mood. I slid from the beanbag I was lying on, onto the blanket next to him.
"Hey, you okay?" I asked him. Oh God. Why did I asked him that? I need to start thinking before speaking. Its just gonna make him feel worse.
"Yea, I'm okay. I just wanted to know." He said, still avoiding my gaze.
I nudged him.
"Don't take it personally. I didn't really know you. First impressions don't mean shit to me. I like you, Brendon. You're a good kid. " I reassured him. There is so much more I wanted to say, but I didn't really want to say it. It was a little much for really knowing him for a few hours.
He choked out a laugh.
"Thanks Hagen. I like you too." He smiled, ever so slightly.
That made my heart flutter. It was a start. I could feel the massive blushing.
"Thanks."
Just then, Kyle started snoring.

We giggled quietly.
"We should probably get to sleep...." He suggested.
"Maybe." I agreed with a smile.
A few minutes later, we drifted off to sleep, next to each other.
If only I could stay there forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story