Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 33

by flawedrainbow 4 reviews

-Evie's POV-

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-14 - Updated: 2009-09-14 - 2384 words

1Exciting
Long time coming, but I'm very proud of this :) Love you all xx

-Evie’s POV-

My eyes began to slowly flutter open, and when they did so, I remembered what happened and instantly became alert. My knees were instantly pulled up to my chest, and my eyes darted around the room- waiting, just waiting for something to happen or jump out. But nothing came.
Once I realised the only one there was me, I tried to calm myself down and take in my surroundings. It was...odd to say the least.
I think I was in a van of sorts-though I could be wrong, it’s just an inkling. I was on a small bed which had thin covers which were loosely draped around me. I pulled them closer to my frame, soaking in their limited warmth.
The rest of the-whatever it was, was quite small and cramped. You’d be lucky to fit another 2 people in here. I noticed there was a tiny bathroom, and a small kitchenette plus the bed I was currently on. That was it.
Suddenly, I heard something-I think it was somebody unlocking the door! I cowered further into myself and began to shake in fear- Couldn’t they just kill me and be done with it?! I lied down quickly, pretending to be asleep whilst evening my breathing and clenching my eyes shut. I didn’t want to be here, I wanted to be back on my own- where nobody hurt me, where nobody knew me and where I took care of myself. I had become weakened in my ‘domesticated’ state. I should never have moved in with Adrienne, it just made me open up to too many people, and much too fast.
The door suddenly flew open, causing me to jump- but more so, to shiver when I heard the footsteps and saw the person walk in and then close the door behind them.
Their footsteps came closer and I had to stop myself from jumping as their hand trailed down my arm’s exposed skin. Not a moment later, a sigh of happiness was heard before a kiss was planted on my arm and then my temple followed by a whisper, “You’re mine now.”
My heart began to beat even faster- I knew that voice! I’d heard it so many times and now, now it was not just a voice I knew... it was my-my captor.

Somehow, I managed to fall asleep- tossing and turning, but still asleep. My dreams were filled with red flashes, people laughing and other things I just couldn’t understand. As I became fully awake, I slowly opened my eyes, getting used to the feeling again.
“Why hello there Sleeping Beauty- good sleep?” a voice came tauntingly from the side of my bed, causing me to jump and gasp in surprise/ fear.
Tom?!” I shouted from shock
Tom was back. Not the nice surfer-no. The prick that beat me up in the alleyways. He smirked wickedly as he stood and leaned over me, causing me to shrink back in fear.
“W-what do you want?” I asked timidly, afraid of his answer.
He merely retained his smirk and trailed his hand over my arms, making Goosebumps appear, as well as a shiver fall over me.
“P-please. Leave me alone.” I pleaded with him, my eyes brimming tears.
He just chuckled and grabbed my arms, pinning them beside me before looking at me and grinning.
NO!” I screamed, beginning to struggle and jump about, trying to get him off of me.
“Hey! What the hell do you think you’re doing Thomas?! I asked you to keep an eye on her, not fucking rape her!” a voice boomed not very far away.
Tom leaped back as if I were an atom bomb and stood straight, “Sorry sir. Won’t happen again sir.” He answered, almost robotically.
If Tom was scared of this man, I’m pretty damn sure I’m gonna be terrified. I was sitting up by now, my arms wrapped around my knees and my eyes focussed on the sheets.
“Hey, don’t look down babe.” The voice said, but I shook my head and kept my eyes down.
They sighed and sat down on the bed.

“Can you just kill me and be done with it?” I whispered, hoping that he’d grant my request.
WHAT?!” they exclaimed, making me jump but keep my head down.
“Please? Don’t drag it out- I’m sure Tom would love to finish what he started all those years ago anyways.” I muttered bitterly, my hatred not being dimmed.
“I didn’t bring you here to kill you. I brought you here because I love you.” They said, going as far to sound sincere.
My head snapped up and my eyes widened in fear as I saw who they were. The only thing they did in return was smile widely.
“L-love me? No-n-no! Just, let me go! I won’t tell anyone it was you just, please let me go!” I pleaded, grabbing his hand for extra emphasis.
His eyes showed hurt and sadness before anger. As he stood, I noticed his eyes only showed pure anger and rage, “No! You will not leave until I let you leave. You will stay here, love me and like it!” he shouted before backhanding me across my face, causing me to cry out.

“Why?” I whispered, “Why did you hit me?” I looked up at him and showed him the redness my cheek now held and the tears in my eyes, “If you loved me you wouldn’t hurt me.” I said, hoping that this method would work to my advantage.
His eyes softened and he leant down before gently taking my face in his hands, “I’m sorry baby,” he whispered, kissing my forehead lightly, “I do love you. I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He repeated over and over, continuing to kiss my forehead.
He got up and looked at me with a smile, “I-I’ve bought you some clothes. They’re in the wardrobe. There’s a mini bathroom and such in here too. Either Tom or I will bring you food and other necessities. I’m sorry about it being so small; I’m looking for a bigger bus my love. Where we can stay together happily before getting a home of our own,” he looked ecstatic at the prospect of it, “I have to go but I’ll see you soon baby.” He smiled before blowing me a kiss and exiting through the door.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding before cradling my burning cheek. As tears threatened to fall, I willed them to go away. I would try as hard as I possibly could to not cry. I needed to be strong.

*

The next day, I was awoken from my restless sleep by a loud car horn.
“What?” I mumbled, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.
It was then that I noticed a second body on the bed, rather close to me. I emitted a small shriek before slinking back and staring at them. I mean- honestly, who could react well to your captor snuggling up to you?
Exactly.
They began to stir before waking up fully, looking up at me once they had done so.
“Morning baby. Sleep ok?” they asked, looking at me lovingly.
He must have honestly thought we were in a relationship. It was then and there that I realised that I had to play along with everything he did, to avoid him becoming angry, at least until someone found me (not likely) or until I figured out a way to escape his confines.
I nodded in reply to his question and plastered a smile on my face, “Yeah, I slept ok.” I told him.
He smiled widely at me, “Good.” He replied, coming towards me as if he were to kiss me.
Before he could however, I turned my head, making him kiss my cheek instead.
“What the hell was that?!” he exclaimed, making me shiver in fear.
“I-I just want to go slow... I’m not used to a relationship- especially one as str-strong as ours and it scares me,” I lied, “please don’t hurt me. I just want to go slowly to prove my l-love for you.”
I kept my eyes down, refusing to look at his and hoping that my lie worked. And it did.
He lifted my chin using three fingers and made me look into his eyes, “I’m sorry baby. I keep forgetting that you’re not used to all of this,” He kissed my cheek softly, “I’ll remember from now on. We’re gonna stop at a deli or something- do you want anything?”

“How about I get everything instead b-baby?” I asked, thinking this could be my way out, “That way you can stay in bed.”
“No, I don’t want you to get hurt.” He said, looking into my eyes, showing immense worry.
Hurt? “I won’t get hurt hun, please? I’m getting a lil’ stir crazy.”
NO!” he bellowed, making a few tears well up in my eyes.
“I just wanted to help.” I said child-like, locking my arms around my legs and resting my chin on my knee.
He was silent for a moment before sighing, “Fine. But you have to come straight back ok baby?? I don’t like being away from you.”
I looked up and smiled brightly, attacking him in a hug (why you ask? I have no idea- perhaps it was the little ounce of hope I had about escaping.)
He laughed and hugged me back, “You better get dressed. I don’t think you’d want to go out wearing that.” He chuckled.
It was then that I noticed I was wearing a small pair of shorts and a tank top. Definitely not outdoor attire.
“I’ll pick something for you.” He whispered, kissing my forehead before getting up and walking over to the small wardrobe.
He chose a pair of jeans and a shirt before grabbing some undergarments and handing them to me with a shy smile, “You can get changed in the bathroom.” He told me.
I nodded in return and raced into the bathroom, getting changed in record time. The jeans were dark and quite loose on my frame, whereas the shirt clung to me- making me feel self conscious but grateful none the less.
When I exited the bathroom, he handed me a list and a pencil (to mark off what I got) before giving me some money and a kiss on the cheek- to which I shivered at, but not in the pleasured way that he thought.

We had stopped in front of a deli which looked fairly old. I stepped off of the bus and made my way over, looking behind me every now and again to see him keeping an eye on me.
When I had gotten inside, my heart was beating erratically and I picked up a small basket to put my purchases into it. As I was going up and down the small aisles, ticking the items off, I wrote a note on the back of it. One I had gotten all of the items, I went up to the counter and unloaded the basket, quickly giving the attendant my note and looking at him with pleading eyes.
He was an older man, mid 50’s to 60’s wearing a woollen sweater and slacks from what I could see. He looked like someone I would want as a grandfather. He quickly read over the note before looking over to the side of the room to the security camera and then at me, alarmed.

Suddenly, the door burst open and three gunshots followed, I screamed when I saw the old man, one who was so worried about me; fall to the ground, blood spurting everywhere. I could not take my eyes away from the horrible and heart breaking sight.

An arm then wrapped around my waist and pulled me away. I tried to struggle, but I was no match for Tom. I was merely dragged away by him, and even as I was being taken, all I could do was to think of that man and his family.
And how it’s my fault that he now lay dead behind the counter, with three bullets lodged inside of him. Before we exited, I noticed the security camera.

Help me,’ I mouthed before Tom dragged me back to the bus where he beat me until he could no more.

-x-x-

A few hours later, I was alone in the small bus- sitting on the bed in pain and thinking.

‘I wonder who will find that man. I wonder what his family will think- I hope they’re ok. I hope he died quickly, with no pain... What is everyone thinking right now? They probably think I just left- but all my stuff is still there right? Ahh! This is so frustrating! Why couldn’t I have just stayed behind? Then that man wouldn’t be dead, Holly and I would have never fought, I would be with Brendon and I could have my little brother by my side again, as well as Nate and Patrick and Adrienne and my dad...

W-why? Why am I in this bus? Why did he bring me here- why must he be so psychotic that he thinks he’s in love with me and it’s ok to take someone away from their life and family. I-I need Holly’s hugs, Brendon’s kisses, Ryan’s words and Patrick’s songs. I need them. I need to go back to them! I won’t survive here! I’ll probably say something and make his snap.

I thought he was nicer than this, I thought he was changing. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to die. If I was going to die, it would have been at Tom’s hands years ago. Not now. Not for his boss and my captor. I will not die. Especially not at the hands of... Peter Wentz... please?’
-------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? Feedback?
Sign up to rate and review this story