Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > seizeMANNEQUIN

"Exactly. But I'd like to amend that statement right now."

by OhSoIntricateLie 1 review

"And what did I say to you when you asked me why I was smiling at you?" "That you like a girl with imperfections, like my clumsiness."

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-15 - Updated: 2009-09-15 - 771 words

0Unrated
A/N: What has Brendon got up his ruffled shirt sleeve? Bahahahaha
P.S. I just realized while writing this chapter that Brendon and Pepper had only been dating apprx. 3 months. That's not right. I miscalculated and failed to give approximate dates. They should have been dating for atleast 5 months.This fact would make the story seem more plausible. That is a major mistake on my part. For that I am sorry.

xoxo Dani

Pepper exited the stage as the thunderous applause began to die down, just to start back up again as Panic! appeared. Taking a swig of her water, Pepper started down the corridor towards the dressing room, just to be stopped by the hulking frame that belong to Zach.

"Where are you going?"

"Dressing room?"

Zach shook his head, "Could you stay and watch the guys set with me? It being the last show and all."

Pepper shrugged and sat down on a crate as she watched Brendon work the crowd. She smiled as she watched Brendon's slender frame as he strutted, marched, and danced across the stage. During
Brendon's lap-dance she frowned openly, even though she knew it was only part of the act. Pepper giggled when the performing troupe did their 'little known facts' about the band during "Intermission."
Finally, Ryan stepped up to the mic, completely breaking the routine that Pepper had been accustomed too during Panic!'s set. With her attention on him, she listened intently from her spot offstage.

"As all of you know, this is the last show on our "Nothing Rhymes with Circus" tour. For a while now we've been trying to decide the best way to end it and until only recently did we come up with the perfect idea. But before this idea makes it self known, I'd like to bring our opening act out one last time. Pepper Wright, please make known your prescence on the stage."

Pepper rolled her eyes as she complied with Ryan's request. A spotlight followed her as applause exploded from all over the arena.

"Now Pepper if you will sit in this chair right here, that would be great."

She sat down in the same chair used in the lap-dance routine. As soon as she had, if even possible, the lights dimmed slightly so that the only objects illuminated were Pepper and Brendon.

"Pepper," Brendon spoke into his microphone, "Would you like to inform the audience how we first met?"

Pepper felt a microphone being placed in her hand by Ryan. She giggled as she remembered that night.

Speaking in her soft Geogia accent she reaccounted the event.

"We met the night the first half of the NRWC tour ended. It was around 11 and I was working third shift at Pizza Hut when the guys came in. Brendon had me flustered from the moment he arrived. We started

talking after I spilled his glass of Pepsi in his lap."

Laughter broke out around the arena.

Brendon nodded, "And what did I say to you when you asked me why I was smiling at you?"

"That you like a girl with imperfections, like my clumsiness."

"Exactly. But I'd like to amend that statement right now."

Brendon stood in front of Pepper and dropped to one knee.

"Pepper Wright, you are that perfect girl that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I know we have only been dating for a few months but in those few months I learned a lot. You are the girl that I want to wake up to every morning and go to bed with every night. Pepper, will you marry me?"

Pepper stared in shock as an abnormal silence came over the audience as everyone waited for her
answer.

"Oh," Pepper tried to gather her thoughts.

Brendon picked up the hand that wasn't holding the microphone and squeezed it. Pepper looked down at their entwined fingers and into his chocolate eyes. Slowly a smile came over her face as she nodded.

"Yes. I would love to marry you."

The audience was deafening as people cheered. Camera's flashed and mass text messages were the root of magazine article headlines that would surface in the coming hours.

But for Pepper and Brendon, neither one was aware of the commotion. They were too wrapped up in each other's embrace.


A/N 2: This chapter was influenced heavily by my Senior Project teacher who I overhead in a conversation with another teacher that she and her husband only dated for about two weeks before getting married shortly after. They've been together for about 20 years now. :D So it's not completely unlikely.
Sign up to rate and review this story