Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > No Umbrellas in the Academy, Please

No Umbrellas in the Academy, Please (02)

by RoseFrankiie 3 reviews

I hate to say that I told you so, but I told you so.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-09-16 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 1281 words

1Exciting
(Franks POV)

I bump into Gabriel as I pass him on the way up to our apartment and he smiles at me before frowning and turning back to look at me. “Have you been drinking?”

“Nnnoo.” I slur the words, trying not to think about the fun with Bob and Bert and the alcohol and the oh god, so much fun. He’s scrutinizing my face as I scrunch up my face up in thought. “Jussst been d-dddown to the parrk. Swinging swinging sssssssswinging.” I fall forwards, Gabriel grabbing my arms to steady me.

“Shit Frank! How much have you had?!”

“Um…..I ddddonn’t kknowww.” I peer at him as he helps me up the stairs towards the apartment He pushes the door open just as we hear a yelp from the Study. “Ggggee?”

“You know, Mr Way, I heard a rumor that you were in love with me…” I barely hear Gabriel gasp next to me, hissing “Rumor?” before I pass out on the couch in front of me, oblivious to the world.

-----

“Frank! Fucking WAKE UP!” I feel hands shaking me, an irritated voice breaking me into consciousness. “WAKE UP! Oh god, just get the hell up, please!” Maybe not so irritated, maybe more..scared. The voice is muffled like whoever it is has been crying and their hands are clammy as they touch my bare skin, hitting me and shaking me. “Please Frank! Wake the fuck up!”

“I’m up, I’m up…” I mumble, slowly opening my eyes and immediately closing them as the light streaming through the window hits me. “Time is it?” hearing a rustling as whoever it is checks.

“6.15 in the morning. I’ve been trying to get you up all night!” I open my eyes again, squinting up blearily at the guy above me, seeing the man above me. His black hair is more tousled than usual and his eyes are bloodshot and stricken as he towers over me, tugging on my arm and trying to pull me to my feet.

“Fuck off, Gabriel, I wanna sleep.” I mutter, shaking his arm off me and rolling over. Hearing him sigh and turn away, I think he’s leaving me and slowly drift off into a peaceful slumber, only to be rudely ripped awake by cold water drenching my body.

“Get the hell up, Iero.” He hisses, tears still on his face from crying earlier. My anger immediately softens as I sit up, dropping my legs to the ground so he can sit next to me. There’s an awkward silence for a moment as he struggles with words which so obviously want to pour from his mouth. It takes a couple of minutes before he decides what to say. “He’s gone.”

My eyes crunch up in confusion as I turn to face his tearstained face. “Who’s gone? Gone where?”

“G-Gerard. He left with her. She took him, god, please say this is a fucking dream.” He hangs his head in his hands, tears engulfing him once again while I sit in shock, puzzled and scared.

“Took him where? Who? What? Gabriel, what the fuck?! He’s my boyfriend, he doesn’t go for girls, don’t mess with me, what-“

“She can do that to him! She’s not even real, its all a dream, I don’t know. It seems so real, but how can it?” I sit in silence, not knowing how to respond. All I want to know is what the hell is going on. “She’s…a character. A fictional character. Its not logical!” He stands up, slowly pacing the room as he talks half to himself, half explaining it to me. “The Umbrella Academy started with forty-three children being born simultaneously all over the world by women who weren’t expecting, but all the babies that survived were abandoned by their so-called mothers, and taken in by a guy known as The Monocle. With me so far?” He paused, knowing I hadn’t read the comic, so I simply nodded before he continued, talking at lightening speed. “He found seven of these kids and they all had some sort of…power, shall we call it? He kept them secret until the day they appeared at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, saving everyone and everything in the vicinity, but they lose one of the seven. Number Three is called Rumor and basically she says something like “I heard that something happens” and what she says…well, happens.

“When I came up last night, Gerard seemed slightly distant and he wasn’t taking notice of what he was drawing. So when I found page after page of him being in this comic with Rumor, I automatically assumed that he was doodling. You know what he’s like. But he told me he didn’t know where they were from and to be fair, he can’t have drawn that much since I saw him last. It was set out like a normal comic, but instead of boxes, each drawing was on full A4 paper and in more detail. They were about how Rumor thinks this is a comic and she knows how to get out-“

“I saw that..”

“-then they move on to Rumor being in a room, remarkably similar to your Study and she is speaking to Gerard and she says “You know, Mr Way, I heard a rumor that you were in love with me.” like we heard when we came back in, then he seems to just…change. He was smiling at her and his eyes kind of misted over and he walked out with her without speaking. When I looked over at you, you were passed out and I’ve been trying to wake you since. It can’t be real, please say this is a dream Frank, please.”

“But…I don’t know.” I shake my head, scrunching my eyes up as my breathing grows heavy. This can’t be happening: he’s left me for a cartoon?! “So…he’s left me?” Tears spike my eyes and I sniff trying to hold back the threatening sobs.

“He had no choice, but don’t worry about that Frank, we should be worrying about why the hell there is a fictional character stalking the streets doing god knows what!”

I shiver at the thought of my Gerard in another woman’s arms and let the tear escape down my cheek. Maybe Gabriel’s right, this is a dream. So why won’t I wake up? Without thinking I reach out and pinch the skin on my arm, hissing as a sharp pain flits through my body. I feel so aware of what’s going on now, that I can almost sense the chemical signals being passed from receptors and through my brain back to my arm jolting me into the fact that this is reality. “What would she do?”

“I don-” The sound of giggling bursts through the door before its replaced with “I heard that Frank and Gabriel were locked up in a police cell and we had this place to ourselves.” I look up just in time to see her being carried in Gerard’s arms as they step to the side, letting a dozen armed police officers into the room all guns aimed at us both.

I silently raise my hands above my head, trying to calm my breathing before whimpering, "But we're innocent."

(A/N: Sorry if I got any of the details wrong with the book, but I haven't read it in ages. Smack me if there's something wrong. But not too hard..
Read, rate and review.)
Sign up to rate and review this story