Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love In Dueling

Intertwined Dream

by Lowlybug 0 reviews

Coincidence?

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi - Published: 2009-09-19 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1037 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Intertwined Dream
Both Deanne and Jaden were tossing and turning in their sleep as well as they were heavily breathing and sweating. This was because they were both having the same dream which was more then a nightmare.

The Dream:
The Academy was covered with snow on the outside. But on the inside every room was covered in ice like a giant cave in the Artic. Deanne was there and she was walking with Jaden down a long hall way.

“Jaden, what’s happened to everyone or more appropriately, what’s happened to the Academy?” Deanne said as she started to shake as her face got paler and the scared tears running down her face turned into small frozen droplets the moment they graced her cheeks and eyelashes. Jaden looked at her and looked just as worried as she did as he gently removed the frozen droplets from her already pale cheek.

“I don’t know but I get the feeling that the answer might be at the end of this hallway. Make sure you stay close to me because I don’t want to lose you.” Jaden said as he took off his blazer and wrapped it around Deanne to give her a little more warmth. She took it and continued down the hallway with him. They soon came to a large set of doors that looked as if they were carved out of ice. “I’ve never seen these doors before and I know my way around the Academy.”

“I know and I have a bad feeling about this.” Jaden looked at Deanne after she said this and gave her a quick hug before shoving the doors open with her. They were shocked to find that it was a room where the starlit sky was easily seen and the ice in it sparkled like the stars themselves. That’s when they saw what looked like giant ice crystals around the room but they were even more shocked to find that inside each crystal, were one of their friends. Deanne’s tears started to flow once more as she wrapped her arms around Jaden and shoved her face into his chest. Jaden looked at her as she lifted her head to look into his eyes. He hugged her back and held her close until the room started to shake and she slid away from him.

“I’m so sick of this! You never deserved her, Yuki! She never even deserved to be around your pathetic friends and her meddlesome cousin! You’ll never hold her that way again and I’m going to make sure of it!” A voice yelled as the shaking got more violent. Then, the floor started to crack and Deanne tried to run towards Jaden as she tried to avoid the cracks in the floor. Jaden reached out his hand to grab hers but before they could even reach each other the floor cracked beneath Deanne and she fell through the floor with a scream echoing throughout the whole room.

“Deanne!” Jaden yelled as he felt tears of sadness and shock fall from his eyes.
End Dream.

Jaden and Deanne both jolted up in their rooms from their sleeps. They were both shaking as they looked at their hands and then at the wall in front of them. Deanne got out of bed, slipped on her shoes and blazer, and walked outside of the dorm building to the ground outside of it. She sat on the grass and sighed as she laid herself down and closed her eyes.

“You couldn’t sleep too?” Deanne opened her eyes to see Jaden standing above her and then he sat next to her.

“Yeah, I had one heck of a dream. Actually, it was more like a nightmare.”

“So did I.” Deanne closed her eyes and thought about what he said. Then opened them again and, with whatever courage she had, she sat up and asked him, “Did the dream have to do with me and you?”

“Actually, yeah and a long hallway with a room and a loud voice.” He didn’t want to give details if they had different dreams (which of course they didn’t).

“Did the room and hallway happen to be covered with ice, where our friends were trapped in giant ice crystals? Did the voice happen to sound like a guy who sounded a little older and told you that you didn’t deserve me, and did I happen to fall through a giant trench that formed in the ice that covered the floor?” Jaden’s eyes grew wide as he realized that they both had the exact same dream. He nodded his head and watched as she held her head in one of her hands. “This is so weird. I’ve never heard of two people having the exact same dream at the exact same time except in movies and books.”

“Well, it happened to us and I’m just as weirded out as you are by this. I’m also a little scared about it too.” Deanne looked at him with a confused look until he gave her a hug. “You’re one of the most important people in my life, Dee. I don’t want to lose you.” Deanne smiled and hugged him back.

“You’re important to me too, Jay. I don’t want to lose you either.” Jaden smiled at this and they broke apart. He looked at her a little longer and said, “You never know, it could just be a coincidence. After all, it was just one dream and it’s not like it’s going to happen again.”

“I’m not sure but I trust you.” Deanne said. Jaden smiled and she immediately felt some of her stress being relieved from her like a giant weight was being taken off her shoulders. He always made me feel better about everything despite how bad the situation seemed. I guess Jaden’s right. I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. She didn’t know that a ship full of late arrivals would be docking and the voice they heard in the dream would belong to one of those arrivals.
Sign up to rate and review this story