Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love In Dueling

Recognizing Danger

by Lowlybug 0 reviews

Who's Brede? Ally or enemy? And his followers?

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi - Published: 2009-09-19 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 4501 words

2Ambiance
Chapter 4: Recognizing Danger
A ship is traveling along the sea towards the Academy and on the ship, a young man, who looked to be nineteen; with very pale skin, white hair, and ice gray eyes is standing on the bow with six other people. A gust of wind came up on the ship and he closed his eyes as he remembered a certain face with blue eyes and long brunette hair.

“Brede…” He opened his eyes with an annoyed expression on his face as he looked at his second in command. He was a Mexican boy with a big build, brown hair, and brown eyes who looked to be in his early twenties at the most.

“What is it, Samson?” Brede said trying his best to maintain composer.

“I bring news from the captain; we should be arriving at the Academy shortly.” Samson said reveling in happiness as he watched his boss smile.

“Thank you, Samson.” Brede said as he saw the rest of his team getting impatient.

“Brede, are you 100% sure that the girl you’re looking for and the boy you wish to get revenge on is at this Academy? I’m asking because if they aren’t, I’m quitting to go back to beauty school.” A girl with blond hair, blue eyes, and German accent said as she sharpened her nails with a nail filer. She may have talked tough but when she saw his shadow come across her, she cowered in fear as her boss glared at her.

“Are you suggesting that I am wrong, Aurora?” Brede demanded as he watched her shake and quiver in fear of him.

“N…n…n…n…o, of course not, sir. I’m just trying to make sure that you are certain and confident about this.” Aurora stammered as she watched him take a stand of fallen out hair off her shoulder and hold it between his fingers.

“That’s right, Aurora. That is a very good answer because if there is one thing everybody knows is that they know what happens when someone says I’m wrong.” After he said this, the strand of hair froze and turned to ice. When he let go of the frozen stand, it shattered to pieces on the ship’s floor.

“Sir, I see the Academy.” Brede turned away from the frightened German girl and faced the Academy and said, “After all these years, I’m finally going to have what belongs to me.”

*
“Hey Dee, are you okay?” Lauren said as she looked at her cousin who was looking really very exhausted as she laid on the edge of the fountain outside of the Academy.

“No, I am not okay. I’m freaking exhausted. Those lessons were like pure torture.”

“They weren’t that bad, Dee.” She said before taking a sip of coffee.

“Maybe for someone with an IQ as high as yours.”

“You know you could pass these lessons too if you put some motivation into it.”

“I never have the time. Plus, I had trouble getting to sleep last night.”

“Why would you have trouble getting to sleep?” Lauren said as she sat next to Deanne’s head on the fountain as she took another sip of her coffee.

“It’s because of this nightmare I had last night and I’m not in the mood to get into details.” Deanne said as she sat back up and turned towards Lauren. “But you want to know the real kicker? Jaden and I had the exact same dream last night down to the last detail.”

“Coincidence? I think not.”

“I think all that caffeine has gone to your head.”

“Can you not tell that boy has the hots for you? And keep talking that way, you won’t get the money from me for your dose of caffeine: double chocolate chip frappachino.”

“Two things; one: Jaden does not have the hots for me, two: do NOT cut me off!”

“Yes he does and I wouldn’t dream of it.” Lauren said with a smirk as she held out the money to Deanne.

“Sometimes I wish I had the courage and guts to hit you over the head with a metal plate.” Deanne said as she took the money from Lauren and went back into the school.

“You say that but I know you don’t mean it.” Lauren yelled before the door closed behind Deanne. “Yeah, I love you too, cuz.” She muttered sarcastically. Once Deanne was inside the Academy, she muttered in gibberish out of frustration and anger as she went to the lunch room to get her drink. She got into the lunch room when she heard Jaden call her name. She turned around and smiled at him.

“Thank you, Jaden. I’m extremely happy to say that you just made my day a little brighter.” Deanne said as Jaden came up to her and walked with her to the line.

“I’m happy about that but I don’t understand why you wouldn’t be having a good day.”

“Lauren’s got me irritated and I’m on the verge of losing my patience because of her.”

“I can’t really stand her either but the Rhodes siblings seem to be able to.” He said glancing their way.

“I’m thinking it’s because they all have an equal amount of intelligence no matter how much Alexis denies that her brother has any gray matter in his head.” Deanne got her frappachino and gave it to Jaden to try it too. “Well, what do think?”

“I don’t like to drink coffee very much but this is pretty good.” Jaden said as he took another sip.

“Yeah, it’s the only coffee drink that I’ll get so I order it all the time. I’m starting to think that since it has chocolate in it, it’s the only drink I’ll tolerate that contains coffee.” Deanne said with a smile as she took her drink back and she and Jaden continued to talk about different things with Lauren, Alexis, and Atticus watching them.

“They look so wonderful together. I still can’t believe that they both deny that they both have feelings for the other.” Alexis said as she put her chin in her hand.

“I agree.” Lauren said sighing. Then Chazz, Syrus, Hasselberry, Blair, and Aster came up to them.

“We heard that you guys have a plan for bringing Jaden and Deanne together.” Blair said as she sat next to Lauren.

“How did you guys...” Then she and Alexis turned towards Atticus as they crossed their arms over their chests. “Atticus, is there something you need to tell us?”

“Dudettes, chill, the dudes…” Atticus received a glare from Blair. “And dudette agreed to help us.”

“First phase was to get them to spend more time together which I chased her in here by her daily dose of caffeine.” Lauren said with satisfaction.

“What’s phase two?” Hasselberry asked in a hushed military-like tone.

“Desert them at the Academy carnival.” Alexis said with a smug grin. Then they saw Crowler walk up to them and say, “We have some late arrivals to the school and I want all of you to show them around if that’s alright with you.”

“Yeah, yeah, don’t worry, we’ll show them the weak construction.” Lauren said leaning back.

“I didn’t like you when you arrived, I didn’t like you when I dueled you, and I still don’t like you.”

“Oh, don’t be a spoilsport, honey.” She said exaggerated dragging out the honey.

“If you weren’t a girl and my student I’d give you a piece of my mind.”

“And I’d take it but that would leave you with none to spare.” She shouted as he walked away. They saw him walk up to a group of people who looked a little out of the ordinary.

“Is it just me or do those guys look like they came from the circus?” Chazz said in a snobbish voice.

“Just you.” Lauren and Alexis said at the same time before giggling. They saw Crowler point towards them and as he left the group of new arrivals walked up to them. When they came up to them, Lauren saw the one with white hair and a shiver instantly went up her spine.

“You cold?” he asked unemotionally.

“No, I just got electrocuted.”

“There isn’t any need to get testy after all I haven’t introduced you to me and my friends. I’m Brede Icemen. This is Samson Boulder and his girlfriend, Delilah Jinx.” He said pointing to the Mexican boy with a Mexican girl in her late teens holding his hand and resting her head on his shoulder.

“This is Annie Band and her twin sister, Anita Band.” He motioned to two teenaged Scottish girls who looked exactly alike except one girl had copper red hair and the other had strawberry blond hair.

“This little duckling is my cousin, Flora Trapper and she’s our youngest at fourteen years.” He said this as he patted the head of a girl with black hair and blue eyes who only reached a few inches under his shoulder.

“Last but not least this so-called beauty queen is Aurora Lighter.” He finally said as he motioned to the German girl who was reapplying her lipstick. Just then everyone heard Deanne’s voice sound from behind them. They looked and saw Deanne and Jaden walking up to them.

“Hey, guys. Who are these people?” Jaden said as they both stopped and looked at the new arrivals. Deanne was as curious as he was until she was able to recognize one of them. She felt like she was going to drop her cappuccino as Brede smiled at her and walked up to her.

“Hello my pretty one and who might you be?” he asked her.

That’s the same voice from the dream! Deanne and Jaden both thought alarmingly.

“My name is Deanne, Deanne Hailer.” Deanne watched in unnoticeable horror as his smile grew bigger.

“Well then, Achante cheri.” He said as he took her hand and kissed the back of it. Deanne felt a serious shiver go up her spine as everyone watched in shock as he pulled away and threw Jaden a dangerous glare who threw another one back to make eye contact.

“I wish we could stay longer but we have some business to attend to with the teachers so we’ll see all of you around, especially you my lovely Deanne.” He said as he walked away with the others but not before throwing a smile over his shoulder at her. Once they were gone they looked at Deanne and saw her sitting on the bench and shaking a little.

“Dee, are you okay? You look like you saw a ghost.” Alexis said she looked at her as worried as everyone else had.

“I know that guy.”

“What? What do you mean you know him?” Jaden said as he sat next to her and looked at her.

“It’s a long story.” Deanne said as she laid her head on the table in her arms.

“Then all you have to do is give us the story in a nutshell,” Syrus said as everyone in the group directed their attention towards her.

“Well, it all started a week before I met Jaden. Every year a carnival comes to our town to celebrate the beginning of summer and my family and I attended the carnival. I asked my parents if I could go to the fortune telling tent and they said yes. I went in and was greeted by a beautiful woman who smiled at me and motioned for me to sit down in the chair across from her. She asked me how I wanted my fortune told and I told her that I wanted my palm read. She gently took my hand and went along the lines on my palm.
She said I would have a long life and I would become very successful in life with my art since I always wanted to be an artist, but when she reached my love line she froze and got this look on her face. I asked her if she was okay and she snapped out of her trance. She gave me a nervous smile and told me the reason why she froze. She said that there would be two boys in my life soon. One boy would be destined to love and care for me in the future for the rest of my life and the other boy would instantly fall in love with me the moment I’d meet him and as he would get older that love would morph into an obsession so great that he would destroy anyone, even me, to have me. I slowly took my hand away, told her thank you, and left without another word. I decided to shove her words to the back of my mind so I could enjoy myself.

“We were about to leave for home when I saw that the cat doll my dad got me was missing and we went to look for it. I was about to give up hope when someone asked me if something was mine. I looked and saw a boy who looked four years older than me with white hair, pale skin, and gray eyes holding my doll out to me. I took it and thanked him but before I got a chance to leave, he took my hand and kissed my cheek. I felt a shiver go up my back and stood there until I heard my dad call my name. I thanked him again and said good bye. I heard him say good bye while I was leaving and when I looked over my shoulder at him he gave me this smile that made me feel sick.” They all saw Deanne sit back up and lift her knees to her chest. She hugged her legs and rested her head on her knees. “I didn’t like how he acted towards me and when he kissed me and took my hand it was like I was being touched by a…”

“By a what, Dee?” Blair said as she put a hand on Deanne’s shoulder to try and comfort her. She looked at everyone and finally said,”…a corpse.” She watched as everyone froze at what she said.

“He felt like he was stuck in a cave in the Artic and left for dead but was found a week later. I didn’t like the feeling I got from him and the fortune teller’s words kept coming back to my mind. I was scared but I wouldn’t let that stop me from enjoying my life so I went on living it and the fortune didn’t bother me anymore. That is until now.” Everyone was silent until Lauren said, “I remember that summer. That is pretty creepy but Deanne, are you sure he’s the same guy?”

“Lauren, even though he’s pretending he doesn’t know me and he looks older, I know it’s him. I just know it.” Deanne said as she looked like she was on the verge of crying. Jaden replaced Blair’s hand with his on her shoulder.

“It’s going to be okay, Dee. That just means we’ll have to be extra careful around them.” Deanne finally let a smile come on her face and touched his hand.

“Thanks, Jaden. You were always able to make me feel better somehow.” Deanne said before she surprised everyone including him by kissing his cheek. When she realized what she did she covered her mouth and blushed.

“I have to get back to my room.” Deanne got up and went back to her dorm. Jaden was stunned the whole time until he looked and saw that everyone had satisfied smirks on their faces along with We-told-you-so looks.

Jaden got up, glared at them, and said, “That still doesn’t mean a thing.”

He walked away and as he reached the door he heard Aster say, “We’ll see if it doesn’t mean anything when we catch you two in a full lip lock.” Jaden growled and just kept walking down the hall and kept his eyes closed with an aggravated look on his face while he just kept walking. Then he felt something push against his leg and when he opened his eyes, he smiled to see Professor Banner’s cat, Pharaoh, rubbing against his leg to get his attention. (Dee Bunny: May everyone please remember that in the second or third season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Banner had two souls inside of him and after he died his good soul went inside his cat. His soul is able to communicate with Jaden and the others at times.)

“Hey, Pharaoh and hello to you too, Professor Banner.” Jaden said as he bent down and scratched under the cat’s chin.

Pharaoh meowed and Banner’s soul said Hello Jaden, it’s good to know that you finally noticed us.

“Sorry Professor, I just have a lot on my mind right now.” Jaden said as he started walking again with Pharaoh/Banner walking next to him.

Does one of the things on your mind happen to be that young lady friend of yours?

“How did you hear about Deanne?!?” Jaden said in surprise.

What can I say? News travels fast. Plus, I was always one for good gossip that involved any of my students

“Then you and Deanne’s cousin, Lauren, would get along just fine.” Jaden said as he walked outside with Banner still walking next to him. Jaden sat on the edge of the fountain and Pharaoh jumped up on the edge next to him.

Jaden, I hope you know that if there’s anything you want to talk about, I’m always going to be free enough to talk to.

“Is there a chance that you’re free right now, Professor?”

You may tell me as much as you think is necessary to tell me.

“Thank you, Professor.” Jaden said as he took in a deep breath and exhaled. “You see, I met Deanne when I was ten and she was just eight. We struck up a fast friendship and I valued it and I still value it. Now, after seven years, I finally see her again and I want to make up for lost time by spending more time with her to catch up with things but everyone just assumes that we make a perfect couple. I keep denying that there’s any chemistry between me and her but now I’m not so sure. What do you think?”

I believe you two youngsters do look good together and you seem to get along a little further than just friendly.

“Professor…”

Don’t blame me! You asked me for my opinion and I gave it to you.

“I know and I regret it. I was just hoping for a little advice to get through this.”

Tell her how you feel. The worst you could do is not tell her.

“Not now though. I might scare her and that would ruin our friendship. Plus, she had this whole situation with a carnival…”

And she got her palm read by a true-blooded gypsy. I’ve heard this story.

“How did you find out…”

Didn’t I tell you? News travels fast!

“Then, I guess you know about the two boys, one to love her, and one to even have to destroy her to try to earn her love?”

But of course. I even know the loving and caring boy personally.

“Professor, how many times are you going to slip in the type of relationship I have with Deanne?”

Isn’t this whole conversation about the relationship between you two?

“Not necessarily. I changed it to the carnival story.”

Another one is coming up. He didn’t tell Jaden that he knew that the rest of his friends would desert him and Deanne so they could be alone.

“Yeah, I know about the next school carnival.”

It’s another lovey-dovey carnival just to warn you.

“Thanks for the warning. How…”

I’m still your professor. I know what’s happening in the teacher’s lounge. I hear all the latest news from other professors.

“You sneaky…”

Cat?

“Not what I had in mind but it’ll do.”

I also know more about those new students and why Deanne saw that white-haired boy at the carnival she went to when she was young.

“What do you know about them?” Jaden said with his attention fully caught.

The white-haired boy and his friends were all members of a carnival side show. Plus, to top it off, it was the side show that belonged to the carnival Deanne went to.

“Why do you make it sound like it’s a bad thing?”

It’s bad because I know that their powers are real and they are all very potentially dangerous people. The large Mexican boy was Samson Boulder or as he’s better known as Samson the Strong Man. This is because he’s so strong that he could probably both lift the entire building of Fort Knocks and snap a grown man in two.

His girlfriend is Delilah Jinx, a.k.a Bad Luck Delilah because she can make anyone she wants to suffer something bad and how bad it is depends on how much someone makes her feel bad. The worse she is able to do is kill anyone she wants and make it seem like it’s pure coincidence that she was there at the time.

The twins, Annie and Anita Band, were better known as the Rubber Band Sisters because they are contortionists and can get past any sort of security system in the world that would make them very skilled at getting into any place they wish.

The youngest member is Flora Trapper or, as she’s better known, the Human Venus Fly Trap and because she can grow Venus Fly Traps from her hands she can eat anything as small as a fly to something as big as an elephant.

The blond-haired German girl is Aurora Lighter or Aurora the Human Glow Worm. She can create a light so brilliant by emanating it from her body, that she can cause anyone, no matter who they are, to go permanently blind.

“Wow, you weren’t kidding when you said these people were dangerous.” Jaden said with a concerned look on his face.

But the most dangerous one is the white- haired boy, Brede Icemen, to be exact and he was known as the Artic Phantom Prince. This was not only because of his appearance but also because with a mere thought, he could turn anyone or anything he wanted into ice and he could cause anyone to be trapped inside ice so they could never escape. He was born with a mental condition which made him seem like a normal person but if he were ever to fall in love with someone, he would permanently fixate on them and would be so obsessed with them, that he would even destroy the very person he loved to get what he wanted, them.

Jaden’s eyes went wide in shock and horror when Banner said this and he knew exactly what to ask. He asked, “Does that mean he would even…”

Yes, Jaden. I’m afraid that he would even threaten or kill Deanne just to have her be with him and he would even kill anyone who he views is in the way of letting him have her. Even the people she loves and cares for the most. Banner watched as Jaden didn’t say anything else but looked like he was going to cry. Before he could Banner added, But this gives you all the more reason to allow you to protect, love, and care for her. You’re one of the only people who can keep him from harming her. But more importantly, you’re the only person who can love her with all the purity it takes to truly love someone.

“Even at the worst possible moment, you have to bring that up.” Jaden said shaking his head.

I thought it would help brighten the situation a little bit. Jaden looked at him/Pharaoh and gave a sincere smile and scratched the top of his head.

“Hey, Jaden.” Jaden looked and saw Deanne walking towards him with a nervous smile on her face. “Is the other seat taken? Because I don’t want to kick out your professor.” Jaden eyes went wide and Banner’s soul was speechless. Deanne sat down next to Jaden and said, “What did you think? That you and Lauren were the only people who can communicate with spirits?”

“No, in fact, I know about three or four other people who can communicate with duel spirits.” Jaden said as he felt his face turn a little red. Then suddenly he saw a familiar duel monster standing behind Deanne. It was Dark Magician Girl and she was smiling at the both of them. “Deanne, your duel spirit is Dark Magician Girl?” Deanne smiled and looked at her duel spirit who nodded towards Jaden with a smile herself.

“Yes, she is. She came here to see you during your first year at the Academy when she was able to come to life.”

I also came that day to check up on you for Deanne. She missed you greatly.

“I never really thought that Dark Magician Girl would be your duel spirit.” Jaden said surprised.

You of all people should know that the duel spirits choose the person they bond with. Banner/Pharaoh scolded.

“Yeah, I also have a cat.” She added. “I don’t know why but I subconsciously called her Gypsy.”

Gypsy? Really? What does she happen to look like? Banner asked with his curiosity getting the better of him.

“She’s a gray Tabby cat. She convinced me to get her a little bandana and pierce her ears with a pair of hoop earrings.”

“You actually pierced your cat’s ears?”

“She’s got claws and is good at a cat fight. I’m not getting scratched up. Plus, I showed her a book about Ancient Egypt and she saw that the cats wore earrings and they looked all high and mighty. She thought she deserved to wear a pair.” She said shrugging.

“You never told me you could communicate with spirits nor did you ever tell me that you could communicate with cats.”

“Like I said, a lot of stuff has happened to me.”

“You see? Now that’s why we need to catch up.” Jaden said shaking his head. Deanne laughed and gave him a playful punch in the shoulder.
Sign up to rate and review this story