Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Untitled (for now)

Chapter 6: Benji's Accident

by shortie86madden 0 reviews

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1546 words

0Unrated

We walked into my hotel room and put down our bags. “What do you guys want for dinner?” Jessie asked picking up the ‘Room Service’ menu off of the side table.

“Pizza,” Ashley answered, we all agreed on pizza and Jessie ordered it. We ate then began to get dressed. Jessie changed into a pair of blue hip hugger jeans and a black sparkly shirt with GC written on it, Ashley got a pair of tight black pants with lace on them and a dark blue NY shirt, Lizzy got a black long sleeved shirt with a pink cross on it and pink skirt with stripes on it, and I got a pair black jeans and a black and white sweater that showed off my amazing abs. Everyone was putting on the finishing accessories when there was a knock on the door. I finished putting on my necklace and let the makeup artist in. When we all got our makeup done we grabbed our purse, jackets and went down to limo. Before no time we were at the venue.

“Ok, we are going backstage, wish the guys good luck, then get our seats and enjoy. Ready?” I asked them as we began to get out of the limo. We walked around back and knocked on the door. The security guard let us in. “You guys wait here, I’ll go get them. Be right back.” I said walking over to the change room. I knocked on the door, Billy answered and let me in. “Are you guys ready?” I looked around the room. “What’s up guys?” Everyone looked upset.

“Benji, fell during rehearsal and is at the hospital. He has a concussion. We have been waiting for you guys to come to figure out what to do.” Chris said looking at me. I just stood there.

“We will have to cancel the show. And try to set another one for the end of the tour. There is nothing more we can do. I’ll go make the announcement and go over to the hospital to make sure he is ok. You guys should come out on stage.” They got up and followed me out of the room. “Jessie can you grab me a microphone.” I called to her.

“Yeah, why?”

“I have to cancel the concert. Benji is at the hospital with a concussion.” Jessie handed me the microphone, and I walked to the stage. The guys came on stage with me and the crowd went crazy. I lifted the microphone.

“Hey, how is everyone tonight? My name is Riley Carter. I am a representative for Fan/Media relations on the part of Good Charlotte. I am very sorry to inform you that tonight’s concert is being cancelled, due to an injury to Benji Madden during rehearsal today. He will be fine but is unable to perform. Everyone will get a full refund. We are going to try our best to schedule another concert near the end of the tour. Thank-you for coming out though.” We got off stage and walked over to the other girls. “Why don’t you guys go back to the hotel or whatever. I have to go to the hospital to see how Benji is. I’ll call with an update soon ok.” I began to walk away.

“Riley, wait up. I’ll come with you.” Joel said walking up to me. We went out and got into the car.

“So, what happened?”

“We were doing ‘The Young and The Hopeless’ and during his solo, he tripped on a wire and fell headfirst on the stage.”

“Let’s hope it is only a concussion. Thanks for coming with me.” I gave him a kiss.

“No problem.” He wrapped his arm around me. We pulled up to the emergency entrance of the hospital and climbed out of the car. We went in and walked up to the front desk.

“May I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“Yes, I am looking for Benjamin Madden.” I asked politely, she began to look in the computer.

“Room 105, go straight down that hall it is the third door on the right.”

“Thank-you.” Joel and I walked down and went in. I saw Benji lying in the first bed. “Hey, sweetie,” he looked up at us, “How are you feeling?”

“Like a million bricks just fell on my head.” He said.

“What did the doctor say?”

“I have a minor concussion. I can’t perform or practice for a couple of days possibly weeks. But other than that nothing is wrong.” Just then the doctor came in.

“Hello, Can I help you?” he asked looking from Joel to me.

“Hi, I am Benjamin’s best friend, Riley Carter and this is his brother Joel. Is he ok to go home?”

“Yes, I am going to discharge him. Here is a prescription that will help with the pain. Make sure to see a doctor before attempting to perform again.” Benji got up and nodded. We all left and got into the car again. Benji got into the front and Joel and I in the back.

“After we drop you off, I’ll go pick up you prescription ok, Benj?”

“Yeah, Thanks.” I grabbed my cell and called Jessie.

“Hey, Jess, we are about five minutes away, can one of you come down and meet Benji in the lobby, just take him up and let him go to bed? Thanks sweetie, bye.” We got out of the car at the hotel and waited with Benji, Billy and Jessie came down and took him up.

“So do you still want to go out or just get Benji’s medicine and call it a night?” Joel asked as we began walking down the road.

“We can still go out if you want?”

“Ok, are you hungry? We could go get something to eat.”

“Sure, lead the way.” He took my hand and we walked down to this little Italian restaurant. We went in and ate. We talked a little, when we finished we went down to the pharmacy and on our way back to the hotel we stopped at Dairy Queen and got some Blizzards. We got up to the hotel room and went to Joel’s first, Benji was sleeping. I placed his medicine on the night table. “Want to come over and watch a movie, let him sleep?” Joel nodded and we both walked over to my room. When we got there, I seen a note on my bed.

Hey, we took Lizzy to some clubs. Be back later. Bye Jessie.

“I’m going to get changed, I’ll be right back.” I grabbed my grey pj bottoms and grey shirt with a brown bear on it and went to the bathroom. I changed, took off my bracelets, visor and wristbands, then tied my hair into a messy bun and went back into the bed room. Joel was sitting on the chair flipping through the channels. He looked up at me, I sat on the edge of the chair.

“What do you want to watch?” he asked, I smiled at him.

“‘Legally Blonde 2’is on PPV,” he just laughed.

“Ok that’s fine, I guess, I’ll be right back.” He went into the washroom, and I ordered the movie, got some drinks and snacks from the mini fridge, and moved over and lied on my bed. Joel came out just as the movie started and lied down beside me. I reached over and shut off the light, and cuddled into Joel. He wrapped his arms around me and we began to watch the previews. I knew that Joel didn’t like chick flick type movies, but I didn’t expect him to watch one so, I ordered ‘Jeepers Creepers’ instead. It started and he looked at me.

“What happened to ‘Legally Blonde 2’?” he asked. I smiled and kissed him.

“I wasn’t going to torment you with a chick flick.” I looked at him and he kissed me. We continued kissing and finally I shut off the TV. I pulled off Joel’s shirt and continued kissing. He started to lift up my shirt when the door opened. Lizzy, Jessie, Billy, Ashley, Paul and Chris walked in and turned on the light. Joel lied down and I sat up and looked at them.

“Sorry, we didn’t think you guys were back yet.” Ashley said.

“That’s ok we were just going to watch a movie, we’ll go to mine and Ashley’s room. Sorry.” Jessie added.

“Don’t worry about it,” Joel finally said, “You guys can watch it in here.” Every one made their way in and Joel looked at me and whispered, “I’m going to go to my room.” He kissed me, grabbed his shirt and left. I looked around the room. Everyone started to watch ‘Jeepers Creepers’. Jessie came over and sat beside me.

“I’m sorry sweetie,” she said giving me a hug, “Why don’t you go over and see him.”

“No, Benji is sleeping.”

“Here,” she handed me a key, “Ash and I will stay here you guys can have our room.” I smiled and took the key. I got out of bed and left the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story