Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Untitled (for now)

Chapter 8: Shopping

by shortie86madden 0 reviews

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1669 words

0Unrated
I opened my eyes and heard the water running. I looked around to find myself in bed; it was 10:30 am. I got up and grabbed my bag. I pulled out my black jeans I wore the night before, black tank top and white ripped shirt. As I began to get dressed I heard the water stop and Joel get out of the shower. I finished getting dressed and grabbed my necklace off of the table beside my bag and put it on. As I put on my socks and shoes, Joel emerged from the bathroom, wearing a pair of black Dixies and a MADE jersey.

“Hey, beautiful.” He said as he put his shoes on. I walked over and gave him a kiss.

“Hey,” I replied, “Ready to go shopping?”

“I can’t believe I suggested that, but there is a car waiting to take us to my mom’s house so I can pick up my Range Rover. As soon as you’re ready we can go.” I grabbed my purse.

“Let’s go.” We left the room and went down to the car. We got to Joel’s moms in no time. We got the Range Rover and started on a long day of shopping. We went to Naptown Market first.

“Joel, when was the last time you shopped at the market?” I asked as he pulled into the parking lot.

“Maybe a year or two,” he replied climbing out of the car. He took my hand in his and we walked towards the market.

“I was here before the tour started, they have added a lot more stands last year.” I said as we began to look around. One of the things I missed most about home was the Naptown Market. None of the kids really hang out here, but Benji, Joel, Billy, Paul and I use to come here every weekend, just to look around. One year we even rented out a both, Benji and Paul gave guitar lessons, Billy drew animated sketches of people and Joel and I handled the business part of things. It was one of the funniest summers.

We walked around for hours and bought some stuff, we were headed over to a little booth called Zorro’s so I could buy some thing for Benji when my cell phone started to ring.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hello, Sweetheart, it’s mum,” my mother replied.

“Hey, Mom,” I replied looking at Joel who started to laugh, “How are you?”

“I’m fine dear, I heard that you and Joel were in town and wanted to know if you wanted to meet us for dinner before you leave?” I looked over at Joel, who was looking at some of the jewelry.

“Yeah, that would be great mom, we are leaving tomorrow night, so how about tonight?”

“That would be great, where and what time?”

“Why not Acme Bar & Grill around 8?”

“Sweetheart, you know your father doesn’t like that place. Why don’t we meet at Marcelo’s? Around 8?”

“Great, See you then, Love you, bye.” I said hanging up my phone and walking over to Joel.

“How’s your mom?”

“Fine, we are going to have dinner with my parents tonight.” Joel just looked at me.

“Why?”

“Because they heard that we where in town and wanted to see us before we left. So we have to go so I can get my hair done, find an outfit for both of us and get ready,” I said grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the parking lot.

“Wait a second, an outfit for both of us? Why?”

“Because we are going to Marcelo’s.”

“Why? Why can’t we go to Acme?”

“I tried, my dad doesn’t like the place, would you please relax? It isn’t like this is the first time that you are meeting my parents?”

“Yeah but I don’t like getting dressed up and your parents don’t know that we are together.”

“God you are such a whiner,” I stopped behind the car and kissed him, “Just relax.”

We got in the car and headed to the Naptown Centre.

“Ok so, I am going to get my hair done and while I am doing that you can go find an outfit. It doesn’t have to be suit and tie type thing, but it has to be nice and respectable.”

“So nothing that can show my tattoos?” He looked at me.

“I don’t care as long as you look nice and you like it. Anyway then I will call you when I am done and we will meet and go find an outfit for me.”

We pulled into the shopping centre and got out of the car. “Why is this a big deal, like you said it is just your parents?”

“Yes, and I have absolutely no problem having dinner with my dad, but my mom always finds something to criticize me about and it isn’t going to happen today.”

“Ok, so I will try my best to look respectable. It is times like this that I actually wish that Ashley was here.” He gave me a kiss and began to walk away.

“Me, too.” I called after him as I began to walk towards Christy’s Salon. I walked in and over to the front counter. The girl at the counter looked up.

“Hi can I help you?” she asked politely with a smile.

“Hi, I don’t have an appointment but I was hopping that there would be chance that I could get in for a trim and style?” I asked hoping to god that there would be.

“Um, well, Misty had a cancellation so I am sure that she could take you, what’s your name?”

“Riley Carter.”

“Ok, Miss Carter just have a seat.” I took a seat in the chair beside me and waited. A few minutes later, a girl about my age walked around the corner.

“Miss Carter, come with me please.” I followed her and sat down where she told me. She washed my hair and gave it about an inch trim then began to style it. “Ok, now did you want it up or down? Half-up?”

“Um, maybe curled then brought up.” She nodded and began to work when it was done I wanted to cry it looked perfect. I went to the front and paid and thanked them for fitting me in. As I left the store I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Joel’s number.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Hey where are you?”

“Macy’s.”

“Ok stay there I am on my way.” I walked to Macy’s and headed for the men’s department. I looked around and spotted him. “Hey.” He turned around and walked towards me.

“Nice hair, I think I have it finished. This blue button down shirt with these black pants and I can get a nice jacket and pair of shoes to go with it.” I leaned in and kissed him. “What was that for?”

“You called Ashley didn’t you?”

“Yeah, is it that obvious?” I smiled and nodded.

“But that’s ok cuz you’ll look good, now we just have to find something for me. We’ll go to the ladies wear, pay then go to Payless and a jacket store, cuz I am going to need one too.” We walked towards the ladies department and began to look around, I felt like I walked through that department a million times before I found the perfect dress; a black strapless dress, with a pink bow belt and black lace and pink silk at the bottom. After we paid we went to the shoe store and Joel got a pair of black shoes and I got black stripy sandals, a nice black handbag and we got our jackets.

“Do we need anything else? Underwear? Bra? Jewelry?” Joel asked. I looked at him.

“Yes, yes and yes. What time is it?”

“Riley, relax, it is only 5:30, we still have 2 hours. We’ll go to La Senza, then to a jewelry store. Listen, you go a head to La Senza and I will meet you there I just have to pick up one more thing, Ok? Everything is going to be fine.” He walked away and I walked towards La Senza. As I walked into the store I began to look around and I immediately found the perfect matching bra and panties set; a black strapless bra and matching panties, I was at the cash when Joel walked in.

“Hey sweetie, you missed all the fun,” I said as he approached me, the girl at the cash just laughed.

“Ok, that is two things gone let’s go to Charms and get everything else. Then back to the hotel and we can get changed and ready.” I took his hand as we walked to Charms. We looked around and I found this beautiful silver chain necklace with a diamond heart locket on it and a pair of diamond studs and hoop earrings. We paid and left. We got back to the hotel at 7:30. Joel carried all of the bags up to the room, put mine in the bathroom and left me to get ready; he walked into the other room to get ready.

Once I got dressed, I did my make-up and walked into the bed room. Joel was finishing putting on his shoes. I grabbed the bag that had my jewelry in it and put on my earrings and Joel put my necklace on me. I put on my shoes and went to grab my jacket and handbag when Joel grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. He just smiled and kissed me.

“Joel, we have to get going,” I said pulling away.

“I know, but I just wanted to kiss you. You look gorgeous.”

“Thank you, you look amazing, too.” He grabbed our jackets, shut off the lights and headed to the restaurant.
Sign up to rate and review this story