Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Untitled (For Now)

Chapter 2: Early Morning/Fighting/Sam, Sam, Sam

by shortie86madden 3 reviews

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1804 words

0Unrated
“Sam, Sam, wake up.” Seb said.

“What?”

“I am leaving early, so if you want a ride then let’s go. You have about twenty minutes.” He left my room as I sat on the edge of my bed. After a couple of minutes I got up and started the shower. I brushed my teeth, got undressed and climbed into the shower, got washed up and washed my hair. I got out, dried off and wrapped myself in a towel and walked into my room and stopped infront of my mirror and started brushing my hair. The I tied it up into a ponytail and walked over to my closet and opened it. I grabbed my black halter top and my white long sleeve top that is ripped across the chest and only went half way down my stomach, then walked over and grabbed a pair of black jeans out of my dresser and got dressed.

There was a knock on my door then Seb came in. I finished putting on my shoes, “you ready?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I grabbed my jacket and bag, then followed my brother out the door and down the stairs. We got to the kitchen and my mom and dad were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

“We’re leaving mom, Shannon is still sleeping, she didn’t want to go to school early so.” Seb said grabbing his bag off the chair.

“Samantha, right home after school, ok?” My dad said looking up from his paper.

“I work at 4:30, can you drive me mom?” I asked. She nodded and Seb and I walked out the door and got into his car.

“We have to pick up David and Pierre at David’s house.”

“Where is Dave’s car?”

“His sister took it to work last night when he got home and it died on the side of the road. So his mom is taking it to the garage today. Anyway, how long are you grounded for?”

“Two weeks, why?”

“We got a gig on Saturday night. I was gonna see if you wanted to come.”

“I doubt it. Dad would never let me.”

“He might you know, last year when Shannon got grounded for crashing the car, dad let her off her grounding for one night to go to the Justin Timberlake concert with Stacy.”

“Yeah but dad likes Shannon more.”

“Sam, dad doesn’t play favourites, you know that.”

“Right dad’s gone to every cheerleading competition Shannon has ever had. When was the last time he came to one of your gigs or my dance showcases. He hasn’t even been to any of Shane’s baseball games this year.”

“Dad doesn’t go to Shane’s games because Shane lives 3 hours away, and my gigs are not dad’s scene. When was the last time you were in a dance showcase?”

“I have been to busy but that isn’t the point. He is always too busy for us but makes the time for Shannon.”

“Sam, your paranoid, dad doesn’t have favourites.” He said pulling up in front of David’s house. Pierre and David got in looking like they were about to fall back asleep.

“Can we stop at Timmies? I need a coffee.” David mumbled.

“And food.” Pierre added. I laughed and turned around to look at my boyfriend.

“You know coffee stunts your growth.” I said matter-of-factly, with a grin on my face, as David looked up at me. He leaned into the front seat and kissed me.

“I don’t care, I need coffee.” He said moving back. Seb and Pierre just laughed. When we got to Tim Horton’s, the drive through was too long so Pierre and I went in.

“So, how long are you grounded for?” Pierre asked after we ordered.

“Two long weeks,” I replied.

“Aw, that sucks, we have a gig on Saturday.”

“Yeah, I know, Seb said that I should ask my dad if I can go, but I don’t think he will let me.”

“You have to at least try and convince him to let you. It is going to be amazing but it will suck if your not there. You almost never miss our shows.” We grabbed the coffee and bagels and went back to the car. David was on the phone when we got there, yelling at someone in French.

“Who’s he talking to?” Pierre asks as Seb started driving. Seb just shrugged. After a few minutes David hung up.

“My mom said the mechanic doesn’t think my car can be fixed. He says that it would probably be smarter to buy a new car then get it fixed. I love my car.”

“David you have been driving it for a year and your sister had it three years before you and your brother had it before that. Does it really surprise you that it is dead?” Sebastien asked him, pulling into a parking spot. Jeff and Chuck were sitting on a bench by the front doors.

“It doesn’t matter that was my car.”

“Do you have to pay for the new one?” Pierre asked.

“New one what?” Chuck said standing up.

“David’s sister killed his car, and now he needs to get a new one.” I said with a giggle.

“It’s not funny, Sam. You know we had our first kiss in that car.” He said with a pout.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. “That is so cheesy.” I gave him a kiss and headed towards my locker.

“You’re mean.” He shouted after me. Pierre and I raced to our lockers. I was a stronger athlete so I beat him.

After we got our things, the boys heading for the music room and I headed for the library. As I walked in I saw Carmen sitting at a table reading the paper. I walked over and put my bag down.

“Morning.”

“Hey, Sam, what are you doing here so early?”

“Seb had to meet the guys so I came in with him. What’s new since yesterday?”

“Matt called mom and dad yesterday and told them that he is dropping out of university.”

“Oh my gosh, your dad must have had a heart attack.”

“Almost, yeah. I got the home from work yesterday and my mom and dad were screaming about it and I asked what was wrong and my dad told me to go to my room. So I signed on and Matt was on and he told me. It all came together after that. But what can I do right? Anyway what happened with your parents?”

“Well, I told them that I have been lying about going to see David and they already new about the skipping. So I go grounded for two weeks, school, and work, home. My brother wants me to see if I can get off for a night to go to his gig on Saturday. But I don’t think my dad would let me.”

“So go to your mom.”

“Yeah, I guess I could, but in the end it is going to be my dad’s call.”

“That sucks, I was thinking of going. I haven’t been there is so long. It would be so great to see them perform again.”

“Well, I promised I would at least ask so.”

“Hey, hey.” Jessica said as her and Peyton sat down at the table with us. I looked at the clock on the wall.

“Aren’t you guys supposed to be at cheerleading practice?” Carmen asked.

“Yeah we just got here practice is in 20 minutes.” Peyton answered. “Are you guys going to join any dance classes at the rec centre?”

“Did they post the list yet?” I asked.

“Yeah here, I have a copy of them. They have a new modern jazz and ballet class that looks interesting.” She replied handing me a blue piece of paper. I began to look over it.

“I don’t even know if I am going to have time for anything this year. I work at the store 2 to 3 days a week and one weekend a month, then I work at the pool every second weekend and give swim lessons on Monday nights, and then there is school, and I am grounded.”

“Then there is David,” Jessica chimed in. I began to blush.

“Yeah when did that start anyway?” Peyton asked.

“Um, about three weeks ago. And yes there is David, but I just don’t know if I wanna dance anymore. I love dancing, at least I used to. I just don’t know if I wanna do it anymore.”

“I would like to see you tell your mom that your not going to dance anymore. That is like Matt telling my dad that he is dropping out.” Carmen said taking a drink of her cappuccino.

“How does Shannon have so much spare time?” Jessica asked.

“Because Shannon only works one weekend a month and 2 days a week, then she has cheerleading before school, at lunch, Tuesday and Thursday after school and every Friday and Saturday nights. She quit her job at the pool and she does ballet classes on Monday nights. And she rarely does any school work. Just the minimum.”

“I don’t get why you two fight so much. You guys used to be so close.”

“Yeah when we were in third grade. Before…”

“Oh My GOD!!” Someone screamed from the hallway, we all grabbed our stuff and ran out to see what was going on. When we got outside of the library, the boys were walking over.

“What was that?” chuck asked looking at us.

“No idea.” I said as the 9 of us walked towards the cafeteria. When we turned the corner we saw a group of girls in cheerleading uniforms standing around Shannon and Stacy, who was on crunches.

“What happened?” Peyton said joining the other cheerleaders.

“I fell at jazz class last night and got a hairline fracture of my left foot.” Shannon looked like her life was flashing before her eyes.

“WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?” A freshman yelled.

“Chill out it is just one girl.” I said and began to walk away.

“I wouldn’t expect you to give a damn about anything but yourself Samantha.” Shannon yelled after me. I turned around and stared at her.

“What the hell is that suppose to mean?”

“All you care about is yourself. That’s how it is always been. Sam, Sam, Sam. If something isn’t about you, you make it about you.”

I laughed, “Take a good look in the mirror Shannon, because the person you are describing is yourself.” With that I walked out of the school and didn’t even look back.
Sign up to rate and review this story