Categories > Original > Drama > Operation Repo: More Than Just Repos!

Episode 8

by Repo_Man_Raya_Murphy 0 reviews

Raya goes alone to do a voluntary repossession of a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina. All goes well until someone else comes and starts causing trouble, making Raya the one calling for help.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-23 - Updated: 2009-09-23 - 1195 words

0Unrated
"Raya, we have a voluntary repossession," Luis ordered when Raya walked in that morning. "Everyone else is busy, so you're going by yourself."
Raya glared at Luis. "Good morning to you too, Lu. How are you?"
"I'm sorry Raya. I've got a lot on my mind right now, or else I would do the repo with you. If you need anything, call me, Matt, or Froy. The car doesn't run, so you have to tow it."
"All right." Raya took the repo order and walked out to the truck. "Stupid voluntaries..." she mumbled under her breath. Getting into the truck, she took a look at the order. "A 1990 Chevrolet Lumina," she said to herself. "Eh... I can do this."

Raya: It didn't seem too hard. It was a voluntary, and it was a Chevy Lumina. No one even likes those, so even if it wasn't a voluntary, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Luis: I sent Raya to do this one alone. I have faith in her, so I can expect the car back no problem.

Raya called Matt. When Matt answered, Raya said; "Do you know where 809 P*** Street is?" she asked, hiding her embarrassment. "Okay, hang on." She looked at the cameraman riding with her. "Take this down." She said all the directions and hung up. "You get it?" The cameraman nodded and showed Raya the stuff.

Raya: After ten minutes of driving aimlessly, I decided to call Matt for help. I've lived in L.A since my parents moved out of Mexico, but I've surprisingly never been to this part of town before. Even in my gang days.

Raya pulled up to the address about ten minutes later, and noticed the Lumina outside waiting. "Okay... I need one cameraman to stay in the truck, the rest can come with me." Exiting the truck, she went to the house and knocked.
"Hello?" someone said, answering the door.
"Yeah, hi, I'm Raya Murphy from EGA Recovery. You called in a repossession for the Chevy Lumina."
"Yeah, hang on." The person said, coming out and closing the door. "Um... I told someone who I talked to that the car didn't run, but do I need to give you the keys anyway?"
"Yes."
The person nodded. "I want to keep the car so I can have my boyfriend fix it, but I don't have the money to pay for it."
"That's fine," Raya said. "I can tow it back here when you make the payments if you want, but that's up to you. If you pay tonight, you'll have it back in the morning. My boss'll have me bring it here."
"Okay, then. Here are the keys."
Raya took the keys and pocketed them. She started hooking up when she heard some people yelling in the distance. Out of instinct, she looked up to see two men, most likely gang members, looming over her. "What are you doing to my car?"
"It was called in for voluntary repo," she replied.

Raya: I look up, and there are two men standing right there. One of them had a hockey stick, so I had to be on guard just in case.

"Repo my a**!" he replied. "My car isn't going anywhere!"
"It doesn't even work, Mr... I**," Raya mumbled, looking at the repo order. "The lady in the house put it up for repossession so I have to take it. You are... three months behind."
"B***," he said, looking at the other guy. The other guy whispered something inaudible and left. He swung at Raya with the hockey stick. "Get out of here now!"
Raya moved to the other side of the car, and the male swung the hockey stick, hitting Raya in the back. "Ow! What the h*?"
"You'll back off when I'm done with you!" He started wildly swinging, causing Raya to grab her phone.
She dialed Fry's number. "Froy? Hello?"
"No, it's Matt. What's up?"
"I need some help at the repo site. The girl volunteered the car, but the owner of the car is pissed and I'm blocking attacks from a hockey stick."
"I'll get Froy and we'll be there as soon as possible."
Raya breathed a sigh of relief. "Hurry-" The guy hit Raya's phone with the hockey stick and broke it.

Matt: Froy tells me to answer his phone for him. So I answer it, and it's Raya, calling for some help because some idiot caught her off guard and hit her with a hockey stick. That kinda pissed me off.

Froy: Matt tells me to get in the truck now. I had just finished hooking up our car so I jumped into the truck. He tells me that Raya's getting attacked, so I immediately went into "protective big brother" mode. I don't know why, but ever since Raya and Matt started dating, I've been more like a brother.

Froy and Matt pulled up to the other truck, seeing nothing but a large man. "That must be the j** with the hockey stick," Froy noted. Matt and Froy got out of the truck, Froy picking up some pepper spray. They went to the other side and saw a bruised and bloody lump, which the man was hitting. The lump was Raya, and she was unmoving.
"Hey! What the h* is your problem?" Matt yelled, looking over at Raya's body. "She was doing her job!"
The man went after Matt, and Froy used his pepper spray to tranquilize him slightly. When the man backed off, Froy examined her body. "She's in bad shape," Froy analyzed. "Matt, call 9-1-1 and Lu."

Luis: I got a call from Matt. He told me that Raya had been attacked with a hockey stick, I told them to just call an ambulance and to have a cameraman drive the truck back. I couldn't leave the office, but I really wanted to.

"An ambulance and the cops are on their way," Matt said. "Try to move her body on the grass so the rocks don't get into any possible wounds."
As Froy moved Raya, she stirred. "Y... you're late..." she said quietly.
"The cops will be here soon," Matt informed her. "You sure look like h*."
"What are you talking about?" she said. "I'm fine." She attempted to sit up, but she passed out before she made it into a sitting position.
Matt growled. "I'm gunna kill that boy," he said, gesturing to the man who was still rinsing his eyes out. Matt held himself back, mainly for the reason that the cops had arrived.

Froy: So, this Mr. I** was arrested, and the ambulance took Raya. Matt rode with them, and I ended up making the cameraman drive Raya's truck back. The truck had a bit of damage, and there are some blood stains, so the truck kinda haunts me.

Matt: Raya ended up being okay, but I decided that she was pressing charges against him. When he gets out of jail, he's going face to face with me.

Raya: So, all I ended up having were some cuts and bruises. Nothing I couldn't live through. I guess I should bring pepper spray even on voluntary repos.
Sign up to rate and review this story