Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Nearly Christmas

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Almost a lemon XP

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2009-09-25 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 2121 words

0Unrated
Chapter 15

“December 7,” I said before performing a surgery.

“That’s right,” said my partner.

“Christmas is only in 18 days…,” I mumbled.

“I know… time flies, doesn’t it?” He looked at me.

“What should I give to my two kids?” I asked him.

“KIDS!? You have kids?! Since when!?” He widened his eyes.

“I found out on November 31…”

“Only 8 days ago?”

“Yep,” I said monotonously. “Well they do like to read like me!”

“Get them some books then,” he smiled. “What are their names?” He asked again, smiling.

“Good idea. They might not be very enthusiastic. Oh and their names are Rex and Lexi.”

“Ah well, that’s kids for ya,” he said sarcastically. “Nice names, too.”

“Thank you. Prepare for surgery,” I grabbed a Liston knife and started cutting open a person’s chest. (And don’t worry; the person wasn’t talking because he was anaesthetized.) And this time, I was careful I would mutilate myself like I did about 2 ½ years ago… “All done…,” I broke the silence and sewn up the person with stitches. I was sweating like crazy. I walked off and wiped the sweat off my forehead. It was one of my hardest surgeries I’ve done so far. I had to insert a catheter into the person’s heart.

“You alright?” My partner asked.

“Yeah. A little tired though.”

“Understandable,” he replied.

“Hopefully my psoriasis won’t flare up again…,” I sighed.

“Oh dear… didn’t know you suffered from that…”

“Yeah…,” I sighed again. “Oh well, have a nice break. Tell me if something happens to the patient, alright?” I turned around and walked off.

“Will do, Dr. Victor,” he replied.

I walked to where Cynthia was but she wasn’t there. “Must be supervising someone then,” I sat down. I almost fell asleep sitting there – but I knew it’d be pointless because I might have another surgery or of the like. I looked at my mutilated finger. “Argh… can’t believe that happened…” I didn’t want the flashback to chime into my head again.

“Someone help!” A man said.

“Hmm?” I turned around and got up and went to the place to where he was. “What happened” – I stopped talking. “Oh… mein… Gott…”

“I lost my hand!!!! OH MY GOD, HELP ME!!!”

“Sir, calm down, come with me,” I helped walk over to ICU. He didn’t completely lose his hand yet. It was just a hyperbole. It was mutilated exactly like my finger was. I gulped. “I need some help here please,” I was sickened by the look of his hand.

“Lucian?” Cynthia looked at me. “I’ll help you.”

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“You’re welcome.” We helped him walk to a room; he sat down on a bed. “Sir… do you have any allergies of any sort?” Cynthia asked.

“Why would you care?” The man grumbled.

“Because we’ll need to give you some medicine to help keep the pain down,” she retorted.

“She’s right,” I tapped my foot.

“I’m allergic to bees and wasps,” he rolled his eyes. “Come on, I just want me hand to be treated.”

I looked at his hand again. “It’s not even bleeding anymore. Alright, just give him some morphine,” I looked at Cynthia. “Lay down, please,” I then looked at him. He did what we said and closed his eyes, but not to sleep. Cynthia injected him with morphine – he didn’t even wince. (I would have…) “He’ll be fine,” I smiled at her.

“I sure hope so, look at his hand,” she smiled back at me.

“But I don’t see how it could’ve clotted so easily…,” I thought out loud.

“Thrombocytosis?” She looked at me.

“Yes… why I hadn’t I thought of that before?” I started to pace.

“What’s that?” The man grumbled.

“It’s too many platelets in the blood,” we said in unison. We laughed at each other because we said the same thing at the same time!

“What are platelets?” He asked. Was he a dumbass? We both looked at each other.

“Platelets stop you from bleeding to death,” I then looked at him. “It seems you have too many platelets in your body.”

“Give him some hydroxyurea?” Cynthia asked.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Sir, will you tell us if you get an allergic reaction, alright?” Cynthia looked at his hand. The man nodded shakily. Cynthia walked off to get some hydroxyurea.

I looked at the man. “Just so you know… you’ll urinate and breathe out this drug. Got it?” He nodded again and fell asleep. “Good.” I waited for Cynthia to come back. He’ll need to be woken up because it’s an oral drug,

Cynthia came back in probably five minutes. “I got it,” she smiled.

“Good.” I walked up to the man and shook him.

“Hmm?” He mumbled and woke up.

“You’ll have to take this medicine orally,” she said.

“What the hell, why? That’s nasty…,” he grumbled.

“Sir… you have to! Unless you want me to inject it through your arm like that morphine,” she was starting to argue with him.

“Hmph,” he scoffed. I gave him a cup of water and he swallowed it. I sighed. That ordeal was over. He was probably one of the most stupid patients I’d ever had. He probably lived off of drugs and alcohol.

“Thank God that’s over,” I mumbled to myself. “Worst day of my life…” I was sipping some root beer – which is my favourite soda.

“Hey honey, Aaron called and told me that the kids are alright. They’re in bed though.” Cynthia randomly came from no where.

“Ah, that’s good. I hope they’re having fun with their new uncle,” I smiled and finished the root beer. “Aaron really is a fun guy and I’m glad his hypogonadism has been treated. Hopefully it won’t happen to him again.”

“I hope not either.”

“I think we’re off,” I looked at my watch. “10:00 PM., would you like to go home?”

“Yes! It’s a bit too late for ice cream though…,” she scowled.

“I’ll get you some tomorrow.”

“Oh, really? Thank you sweetie!” She slipped onto my lap and kissed me and I kissed her. You get the point.

“Come on my Eagle, we shall soar home to our chicks!” I said sarcastically.

“Yes!” She smiled. We trudged through the snow with only the street lights on. We went to bed and locked the door so Aaron and our kids wouldn’t bother us. “Mmm…,” she growled.

“Yes?” I was still awake.

“I’m wide-awake.”

“Yeah… so am I.” This reminded me of a scene from Family Guy/]… “[/She wants sex? I’m abstinent ever since I found out I had kids… ugh,” I thought. Why I am? I have no idea... I just wanted a break from it for awhile.

“Come on! Let’s make love!” She urged.

My stomach was turned inside out. “I stopped having sex ever since I found I had kids. I don’t want more kids. How’s your daughter?” I tried to change the subject.

“Nice try,” she got on top of me.

“Ouf,” I gasped. I lost a tremendous amount of weight lately.

“Come on… please??”

“No… I’m tired…” She stopped asking and got off of me and went to sleep. She grumbled something in Romanian but I didn’t catch it. I immediately fell asleep.

Phew…I just don’t feel like it, I guess…,” I thought.

I woke up the next day and Cynthia wasn’t on her side of the bed. “Is she angry at me?” I whimpered. I had lied to her. I walked downstairs instead. Aaron, Cynthia and the kids were there.

“Hello,” Cynthia smiled. She wasn’t angry at me?

“Hi big bro!” Aaron smiled. He started calling me that now.

“Daddy!” Rex and Lexi both said and smiled at me, too.

I sat down next to Cynthia. “I’m so sorry…,” I whispered and blushed.

“It’s alright. I understand, I was just a bit erotic last night,” she whispered in the rejoinder.

“That’s quite alright; I just wasn’t in the mood.”

“I noticed,” she winked.

“A OK?” I smiled.

“Yes,” she nodded.

Aaron looked at us oddly. “Eh?”

“Oh nothing,” I raised my voice.

“Too late, I’m all ears. I can hear almost everything you say,” he smirked.

“Then what did we say?” I replied smartly.

“You said ‘I’m so sorry’; Cynthia then said ‘It’s alright. I understand I was just a bit erotic last night’; then you said ‘That’s quite alright; I just wasn’t in the mood; then she said ‘I noticed’; then you said ‘A OK?’ then she said ‘yes’.” We both looked at him.

“How you do that?” I eyed him.

“Let’s just say I have elephant ears,” he winked. “I could also hear you last night… I wasn’t going to bother you though, I was just hungry.”

“Liar?” Cynthia looked at him.

“Hell no.” He nodded.

“Alright then,” I stopped eyeing him. I then looked at a plate in the middle of the table. It had cinnamon toast! I grabbed a slice. “Thank you to whoever made this toast,” I smiled. It was a bit dry though.

“I made it last night…,” Aaron hesitated. “You’re welcome.”

“Oh. I see now,” I smiled. I ate it anyway.

Back at the hospital… my day wasn’t going so well. People kept complaining about the stupidest things: such as the position of the windows and the colour of my hair. I was PISSED OFF! I wanted to slap their guts out, of course that’s not like me. I don’t like losing my temper; it seems to creep Cynthia out.

I sighed and drank a root beer. It was the only thing that was calming me down. “Ugh. It’s only December 8.”

“Hey Lucian!” I surprised to see a familiar face. It was Gardenia.

“What are you doing here?” I tried not to sound rude. “In Celestic Town?”

“Just dropping by,” she smiled. “A little birdie told me you worked here.”

“And who would that be?” I asked again.

“Volkner’s cousin, Roark.”

“Roarky? Aww… I haven’t seen him in so long. How’s he doing?”

“He’s fine,” she smiled. “Been exhausted lately though.”

“I bet. He’s not the only one,” I grumbled.

“Ah well, just thought I’d drop by for a few, see ya later,” she smiled and waved. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I kissed her hand. I can’t help it – it’s one of my Romanian customs my father taught to me. (A/N: It really is a Romanian custom. Look up “hand-kissing”. No kidding. I thought it was a coincidence when I saw that it was Romanian. I made Lucian Romanian before I even knew hand kissing was a Romanian custom!)

“Was that Gardenia?” Cynthia asked.

“Yes it was.”

“I didn’t get to say hi. Oh, how odd.”

“I know… it’s like she forgot about you,” I scowled.

“Then again, she didn’t see me.”

“That’s true,” I looked at my watch. “13:30…” I was still a little bit pissed off. “I’ve had a horrible day, what about you?” I looked up at her.

“You looked pissed. My day hasn’t gone well either.”

“People kept complaining…”

“Same with me,” she frowned.

“Damn… that’s shitty…,” I grumbled. “I wonder why? They’re like doppelgangers of Scrooge.”

“I agree with that.”

“Shall we have lunch?” I asked.

“Sure. Doesn’t sound too bad…”

___________________________________________________________________

A few days later...

“Lucian… Lucian… wake up… it’s nearly Christmas Eve…,” Cynthia woke me up. I WAS FINALLY OFF! Christmas break! We were at the Pokémon League again. I knew no one would challenge us on Christmas break!

“Yippee!” I jumped out of bed. I had got a good night’s rest and went into the kitchen.

“You sure do look happy!” Cynthia smiled and followed me.

“Of course! I’m tired of working!”

“So am I,” she yawned. We both came to the others sitting down, talking ‘bout Christmas of course.

“Hello, good morning!” Everyone said and smiled.

“Hello everyone,” I smiled.

“Hi guys!” She smiled, too.

“Well… tomorrow is Christmas Eve!” Flint smiled giddily.

“I know!” Bertha sighed happily. “My 57th Christmas.” I didn’t realise how old she was. Oh well.

“My 27th Christmas,” I smiled.

We all laughed and had a good time that day. One of my best and more favourite holidays I could have. I sighed and read a book for awhile, wondering what would happen next.
Sign up to rate and review this story