Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Maylene

The beer must have done this!

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 1237 words

0Unrated
A/N: I like to pretend Sinnoh is in Canada (because of the climate). Why everyone started drinking Old Vienna beer was to get a golden ticket to get to see their brewery. (This is a Family Guy reference).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: The beer must’ve done this!

I had a tail… A TAIL! Argh! I had the tail of a Lucario! Me, Maylene? Having a tail?! Argh… it happened after I drank some beer. Thing is, I’m having trouble making love and going into public with it! Apparently, we’re not the only ones whom were turned into Pokemon: Lucian was a Gabite, Cynthia was an Umbreon, Wake had the back fin of a Garchomp, my uncle (that’s what I call him since Roark is my half-brother) Byron, was a Staraptor, Lorelei was turned into a Mightenya… and my husband… has the spikes of a Lucario on his hands… goodness how many more people are Pokemon from drinking this beer.

I hate my tail for obvious reasons: for one, I can’t make any love (because it gets in the way!), it’s embarrassing especially in the public, it tickles my legs (and Roark’s), it’s weird because I can wag it, for some odd reason I feel like a Lucario, and last but not least, it’s also hard to wear pants so I have to wear a robe!

I stirred in my sleep… stupid tail was tickling my legs.

“You alright Maylene…?” Roark asked groggily.

“Yeah…,” I sighed. At least he sleeps better than me. I looked at the clock: 3:14 AM. On weekends, I usually stay up this late but it’s spring break; I want to catch up on sleeping. I only had a few days before I had to go back to college.

I finally woke up at 9:50. Roark was already awake, for he wasn’t in bed. Much to my surprise – I looked at my bare body in the mirror – and saw that my tail had disappeared! “Odd,” I mumbled. I then got some “real” clothes on. I walked past the living room to see that he had accidentally fallen asleep on the couch. “Silly,” I smirked and saw that the spikes had disappeared. I blinked. “Roark,” I shook him. I noticed that he was drooling, too.

He sucked the drool back into his throat. “Oh good morning,” he rubbed his eyes. “Your tail is gone!” He blinked.

“So are your spikes!” I grinned. He grinned back. “That means I can go back to battling!”

“Aye!” He grinned again. “And making love,” he winked.

“Shall we pick some Mago berries by our favourite bush?” I said. Before he could say anything, the doorbell ran. We walked over to the door and he opened it. It was Stan (Saturn) and Marie (Mars).

“Stan! Marie!” We said in unison.

“Just stopping by!” Marie said. “Great to see you two!”

“Haven’t seen you in so long!” Stan said. We all hugged each other.

“Come on in,” I smiled. “We haven’t had breakfast, so we were about to pick some Mago berries to make Danish.”

“Would you like to come?” Roark asked.

“Yes!” They both said in unison.

“Sounds great!” She smiled.

“Say… have you two drunk any Old Vienna beer?” Roark asked. They both nodded.

“Yeah,” Stan lifted his upper lip to reveal he had huge canines. “I seem to have the canines of a Purugly…”

“I have to show you what I can do outside,” she replied.

“So you’ve figured out that you’re part Pokemon, too? Something weird is going on,” I thought out loud.

“I agree,” the duo said.

“But there is a problem… I noticed that these ‘attributes’ disappear after a few days…,” I noted. “And we aren’t the only ones either… Lucian was a Gabite, Byron was a Staraptor, Cynthia was an Umbreon, Lorelei a Mightenya, Wake had the back fin of a Garchomp, I had the tail of a Lucario (which disappeared), and Roark had the spikes of a Lucario (which disappeared, too). We haven’t been able to figure out why it just ‘poofed’!” I took the house keys out of my pocket. “Let’s go!”

“Yes!” The others said. We walked out the door and I locked it.

“Where to?” Roark asked.

“How about the Meteorites?” Stan replied.

“Good choice!” She said.

“As long as you don’t try to ‘steal’ them,” I said sarcastically. The two laughed at this; Roark couldn’t pass a snicker nor could I even.

“Hey guys!” A familiar voice called. We stopped laughing and turned around – it was Reggie! (What was he now… Roark’s age? I think he’s 23 now… I have not seen him in like a couple of years.)

“Reggie! Hey!” We all said simultaneously.

“Hey… I recognise your voice… Saturn?” He asked.

Stan flinched, taken aback by this while blushing. “Umm… yeah. Call me Stan, please. I hate my code name… I have no affinities with Galactic anymore…,” he didn’t look too happy.

“Same here,” she said. “Call me Marie.”

“Oh…,” Reggie wasn’t sure what to say or how to react (I could tell). I looked up to see his Staraptor flying around, catching mosquitoes. “Well, nice seen you. I have to go now,” he tried to smile (probably still upset about what he said).

“Bye!” We all said.

“Bye!” He waved and walked off. I knew exactly why he was walking off – he felt stupid. His Staraptor followed him closely.

“I shall tell you what I can do!” She said while grinning. “Might want to move over,” she nodded and we moved over. She opened her mouth and ice erupted from her canines – Ice Fang! Roark and I blinked.

“Wow!” We both said.

“How’d you do that?!” Roark couldn’t help asking.

“I dunno. I found out while swimming at the local pool and accidentally freezing Stan while playing Marco Polo with him,” she replied, giggling. “At least we were the only ones there though,” she giggled again and Stan nudged her. She looked at him. “The lifeguard freaked out!” She laughed and so did we. We finally stopped when we arrived at the Meteorites. Roark and I sat down in the soft grass while Stan and Marie sat down on the opposite side of us.

“So, Stan how’d you figure out how you got your ‘fangs’…?” I asked.

“Well… I was eating a chicken drumstick when I heard a crunching noise; I wondered what it was, so I looked in the mirror to see that my canines were longer and sharper than usual. I could only think one thing – ‘Purugly’! I had previously read that they can crush bones of birds the size of chickens. I freaked out… so, how’d you find out?”

“Well… I was sleeping butt naked and woke up to something tickling me… I woke up and looked in the mirror to see it wasn’t Roark but this weird tail that came from nowhere. I freaked out as well,” I blushed slightly.

“I found out when Maylene was freaking out, I looked at my hands to see blood and spikes growing on them! I couldn’t help freaking out either…,” he replied.

“I wonder what will happen to us if we drink more of that beer…,” I mused. We all sighed. “The beer must’ve done this,” my mind repeated.
Sign up to rate and review this story