Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Rebels

Oh What a Mess Pt. 2

by Noizchild 1 review

The other side of the mess with Pete and a nice Feudian Slip! Nine more chapters before I close. Sorry for being gone so long. I had other projects to work on. But, I'm good now!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2009-09-27 - Updated: 2009-09-28 - 1177 words - Complete

0Unrated
Oh What a Mess Pt. 2:

Rose wasn't the only one having problems. Pete had some problems of his own. Not just the tabloids hounding him at every step. Other problems arose as well. Most it was from the soon-to-be ex-wife's family. Papa Joe was messing with him. He kept trying to push Pete back to his daughter. Thing was, the emo bassist didn't love Ashlee anymore. Chances to get Ashlee to sign the divorce papers began to shrank faster and faster. He knew that he had to move quickly. Otherwise, he would be stuck with a woman he didn't love for the rest of his life. But Papa Joe Simpson made escaping so hard...

The final straw came Friday night. Papa Joe Simpson seemed desperate to keep his daughter and son-in-law together in marriage. Since his plan to bribe Rose away from Pete backfired on him and the media wouldn't stop asking questions, he came to a decision. The man decided to hold a public dinner with a press conference to claim that his daughter and son-in-law were still married and in love. He kept pushing Pete into going along with the farce. The bassist didn't want to do it at first.

"But you have to do it!" Papa Simpson hammered into him. "Think of the baby! You can't break up the family now!" Pete sighed aloud in stress.

"Fine!" he called reluctantly. "I'll do it!" Papa Joe looked at him overjoyed.

"Good boy!" he said. "Don't disappoint me tonight!" Pete looked up at him in shock.

"Wait, what?!?" he asked out loud. "Tonight? What do you mean, tonight?" His soon-to-be ex-father-in-law grinned at him.

"But of course!" he boomed out loud. "I want to chase away those rumors about you and that other woman you have been seeing!" "But she's not the other woman!" Pete thought on the contrary. "She's my only woman!" He didn't say that out loud though. Why add more fuel to already growing fire? No point to arguing this either. Papa Joe would wear him down to no end once again. Besides, the timing didn't fit at the moment. So, Petey did the best thing he could do at the moment: lie. He forced himself to smile at that answer.

"Yes, I understand!" the man lied. Papa Joe smiled at him again.

"Good boy!" he said as he patted his soon-to-be ex-son-in-law hard on the back. "I'll see you later tonight!" He walked away to break the news to his daughter. Pete sighed aloud. All he had to do was make it through tonight and it all smooth sailing from here. He hoped... Things just kept getting worse and worse for this week.

The day dragged on like a crimple running a rat race. Pete didn't bother to try and call Rose. Papa Simpson watched him like a hawk. He wouldn't even think to let Pete talk on his Sidekick at all. He threatened to take the phone away as well. (Pete managed to persuade him not to do so.) The bassist spent the whole day forcing himself to smile half-bitterly. "Just get through today!" he kept telling himself. "And everything will be fine!" Some kind of fine that he had to go through. Just a few hours more...

That night at dinner just broke everything into little pieces. Pete just couldn't take this pretense anymore. Something had to give and give right away. Too bad it gave at dinner. So far, everything went as planned. The press acted well-behaved as they waited for the news. The food had been prepared with the best hands. Friends and family sat waiting as well. Ashlee looked all a glow as the attention focused on her. Pete forced himself to smile again as he sat waiting and counting how long he could last with this forged circus of sanity he was living with. Papa Joe kept his eyes locked on his soon-to-be ex-son-in-law. "I'm watching you!" he seemed to say. The younger man didn't know how much more of this he could take. The food tasted great though.

Then came the announcement. Countdown to the meltdown started at ten. "Ashlee!" one reported yelled out at last. "Is it true about the affair? Are you and Pete on the verge of divorce?"

Nine. Papa Joe stood up boldly. "My daughter and son-in-law are staying are married! And yes, they are still in love!" Oh how the lies started up again. One would think that would have done just fine. But no, the push for the truth just had to be so strong tonight!

Eight. "Yeah but we want to hear Ashlee and Pete say it themselves!" another journalist shot back. The rest of the crowded agreed strongly. Papa Joe turned to the secretly breaking down couple.

Seven. Ashlee rose up to her feet smiling. Pete did so likewise still pretending to smile. He could see the car accident coming for miles away. This looked bad. Really bad.

Six. "I really love my husband to the fullest!" Ashlee blunted out loud. "With this baby born, Pete and I will build a beautiful future together! He loves me and I love him!"

Five. "But what about this alleged affair that US Weekly published?" a third reporter asked out loud, almost shouting at her. Ashlee already had an answer prepared for that one.

Four. "It's all behind us now," she lied. "Pete has dumped her and now we are moving on! We are happily in love once more!" She turned to her soon-to-be ex-husband. All eyes on the breaking down couple now. It all just kept getting worse from there.

Three. Ashlee raised her glass to Pete smiling cheerfully.

Two. "I love you Pete," she said to him with genuine spirit.

One. Now, Pete had been to coached to say, "I love you too, Ashlee" repeatedly. Instead what slipped out of his mouth was: "I love you too, Rose." CRASH! Total meltdown from there. The whole room just fell into dead silence. Papa Joe looked pissed off at such honest betrayal. Ashlee looked at him in total shock.

"WHAT?!?" she cried out. Pete realized what he had said too late.

"I mean..." he said. "It's just..." The bassist put down his glass. "I'm sorry!" he said out loud to the crowd. "I can't do this anymore! I just can't!" He walked right out the dining hall of the hotel. Room became a whole sea of buzz and chaos. Oh what a mess indeed! And not how he wanted it to come out at all.

Later that night in his hotel room, Pete picked up his Sidekick and dialed his lover. The phone rang for a few seconds. "Come on!" he thought. "Pick up! Pick up!"

"Hello?" Rose asked on the other line. Pete relaxed some.

"Oh good!" he said in relief. "It's you!"

"Of course it's me," his girlfriend said in slightly distress. "Why what's wrong?"

"My week sucked," Pete confided in her. "How have you been holding up on your end of things?"

Do You Know Your Enemy?
Sign up to rate and review this story