Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

Just another Charity Case.

by SafeBehindMusic 1 review

They gang hits a bump in the road.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-30 - Updated: 2009-09-30 - 1242 words

1Exciting
I got to school rather early that morning. I was hoping to find the boys and apologize before anything could go wrong.

I walked by one of the empty classrooms and could clearly hear moaning. It sounded like someone was making a soft core porno.

"Uh. Harder. Right there. Deeper."

Okay maybe a hardcore porno the way that girl was responding. I decided to let them know they were being loud not like I could see them. I opened up the door a bit to whisper in.

"Little too loud guys. Keep it down." And then closed it as I heard a 'Shit' and a 'don’t worry she cant see us'.

I made my way to the main office.

When I walked into the main office I was greeted by the secretary.

“Morning Celeste.”

“Good Morning Sharon.”

“What can I do for you this morning.”

“I was hoping that I could talk to principle Weiner.”

“Are those boys treating you poorly I told the principle that this was a bad idea. But he would not listen to me. Insisted that this be the way the boys served their community service hours. I just knew this would happen.” She said more to herself than me.

Community service hours. What the hell was this woman talking about? I thought that they volunteered for this.

“Sharon what are you talking about?”

“Oh dear me…you don’t have a problem with the boys.” She asked.

“No.”

“Well then pretend that I didn’t say anything at all. Nothing at all.” She said starting to walk away.

“Sharon please.”

“you aren’t going to let this go are you?”

“Not at all. So please just tell me what I need to know what are you talking about?”

I knew that I must have sounded on the verge of tears. I must have sounded like a sad pathetic female. Truth be told that’s how I felt and what she told me afterwards didn’t make me feel any better. IN fact. It made me feel worse. If that was at all possible.

Apparently Jack was right when he said he was no better than Tyler. In fact Jack was not what I thought he was at all.

Jack, Alex and a few other boys had gotten into some trouble at the end of last year. The school district was going to kick them out but thankfully my situation came up. The day my dad came to the school is the day the boys had their hearing and well that’s how they came up with this.

Jack, and Alex were to be at my beck and call. Performing a "civic duty". Helping the blind , charity case was more like it. If they could get through one semester without incident then the charges would be dropped and the boys record would be expunged having time ‘being served’.

I was there community service. They were just making sure that I was happy for the next few months. They were using me. I was tired of people taking advantage of my situation. But I couldn’t really rat them out now could I? Could I actually ruin their academic records?

“What are you going to do honey?”

“Nothing. This conversation never happened.”

“But..”

“Please Sharon. This never happened. If anyone asks I was just waiting for Alex to get here. No one has to know that I know.”

“If that’s what you want.”

“It is. Let me take care of this my way.”

“Aright. Just do go getting into trouble.” She called as I walked away.


I decided to sit outside and wait for them to show up. I sent them a text message telling them to meet me in the courtyard. 10 minutes later and they were here.

“Hey Celeste.” Jack called brightly.

“What’s up Celestial Being.” Alex answered.

No time like the present. Might as well rip it off like a band-aide.

“So I spoke to the secretary this morning and I just wanted to let you guys know that I know.”

I never ceases to amaze me that no matter how fast you try and pull something off of you, it still leaves behind a little stinging feeling. What was worse is that neither of them were saying anything to ease the sting.

“You know what exactly?” Alex asked.

“I know about your community service project.”

“Damn it. Who told you?”

“Does it really matter Alex?”

“Yeah. It does.”

“I don’t think it does. I just wanted to let you know that I wouldn’t make a big deal out of this. You guys don’t have to do anything extra. Don’t go out of your way. At the end of the semester I will tell the principle that you did a great job and that I appreciated the help. You don’t have to worry.”

“But…”

“Seriously Alex, don’t make this into a big deal. You guys needed community service. I needed help. Its done.”

Jack had not said a word the entire time. If I had not heard him breathing I would not have known that he was still there. I thought that it was strange that he was so quiet. But then again I was doing all the talking.

“We wanted to tell you but they made us swear not to.” Jack finally whispered.

“Yeah well the jokes on me. But don’t worry about it. You guys did a great job. You made me feel more welcome here than I have at any other school. I didn’t even recognize the lies you were feeding me.”

I knew that behind my sunglasses my eyes were tearing up. They didn’t need to see me cry. I wouldn’t let them see how this had affected me.

“They weren’t all lies. At first it was difficult but then we wanted to do it.” Jack said

Lies.

“I don’t know what to believe Jack. I just wanted you guys to know that’s all. I just wanted you to know that I knew and that I didn’t want anything extra from you. Nothing.”

I could hear Jack get up and walk away, Alex got up after him.

“I just want you to know that it wasn’t all a lie. Jack and I got into some shit protecting someone. We stopped something from happening only to wind up having shit blamed on us. People in this town who have money get away with murder. Guys like me an Jack and Rian become scapegoats. So yeah we got into trouble for a good cause. Tons of trouble actually. Yeah we took the only way they offered for us to get out of trouble. Yeah it sucks that we could not tell you but, you know what, those were the rules. I’m sorry you had to find out this way. I really am. But if you were in our situation you would have done the same thing. You want to be mad fine. We’ll give you the space you need to get over this, or not, whatever. Just don’t go blaming us for this. Its no more our fault than it is yours. And if you really want to accuse someone of lying to you...look into your boy toy, ask him what he was doing this morning. ”

With that Alex walked away.

Cue tears.
Sign up to rate and review this story