Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

My Spidy Senses are tingling

by SafeBehindMusic 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-30 - Updated: 2009-09-30 - 1220 words

1Exciting
That was the last time that we spoke. It has been over a month since that day.

Things had stayed the same for the most part. Alex met me and walked me to homeroom. Jack walked me to music and then Tyler alked me around for the rest of the day.

The only thing that was different was the way we walked. Alex rarely spoke to me. Mostly is was to comment about wet floors during the rain or to pull me out of the way of a speeding student. Jack said nothing. Ever.

I could hear him inhale breath as if he wanted to say something but he stopped almost as fast.

Even still they kept to their part of the bargain. They walked me around the school and Tyler took over during my free periods and of course during lunch.

Tyler was another story completely. I had to admit that it was nice having a steady boyfriend. I just didn’t realize that I would lose the group of friends that I had grown to love. Then again I had fallen in love with a lie. The whole thing had been a lie, so obviously our friendship had been a lie too. I did miss them though. That wasn’t I lie.

Tyler was moving a bit fast for my liking. Thankfully after a little conversation about how I was not ready to take our relationship further he slowed down. I knew it must have been killing him to be so patient but I was glad that he respected the time I had asked for.

The first couple of weeks not talking to Jack had been fine. Now however, not so much. Not talking to Jack was starting to be a problem. We were in fact partners in Lit class and since we were not speaking we were not working on the project.

I was memorizing my lines, and Tyler said that he saw Jack reading his lines during lunch periods. Hopefully when the time came we would be able to pull our scenes together just right.

The only good news I have that has happened over the past few weeks is great. I started a clinical treatment for my vision. At the end of the next month I was getting my cornea transplant surgery. I was tired of being blind. It was time to try and change that.

The bad news was that I was going through it relatively alone. Joseph knew what I was going through, but he had always known. I didn’t want to be more of a burden to him than I already was and I didn’t want to have to use Tyler as a crutch. I wanted to be the strong individual that he had always known and not the pile of mush I usually felt.

I thought today was going to be a normal day. Alex would take me to class. Jack would ignore me and everything would be fine. That was before I walked into the school to hear someone slamming someone else against the locker. I couldn’t here the whole conversation of who it was I head headphones on.

“I told you I’d win. You always lose. That’s why you are a loser. Losers like you don’t get the girl. Losers like you take it up the butt. You never had a shot. Now if I ever catch you trying to communicate with her again I will kick your ass so hard you will reach a new “all time low” and that’s gonna be six feet under. You got in my way once you wont do it again. Got it.”

I couldn’t hear their answerer. All I could hear was what I assumed to be a fist hitting flesh before I ran back out the building and sat on the stairs.

I didn’t know who was talking or who they were talking to but I did know that I wanted no part in it.

“Celeste?”

I hadn’t heard that voice in almost three weeks.

“Hi Rian.” I said cheerfully. I had missed talking to them. Even though I didn’t talk to him much.

“I didn’t think you’d remember who I was.”

“Well I don’t have faces so voices are all I can go by.” I said laughing.

“Why are you sitting out here all alone?”

“I was waiting for Alex.” I lied. Truthfully I was scared shitless of going back inside the school. I had witnessed enough.

“Oh well that’s why I’m here. Alex got into some trouble last night and he is on in-house suspension. He cant take you to your class. So I am here to fill in.”

Why was I not surprised.

“Oh Rian you don’t have to be inconvenienced I’m sure Tyler wouldn’t mind walking me.”

“Oh I’m sure he wouldn’t. Hey do you mind if I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Tyler really treats you okay?”

“Why does everyone keep asking me that?”

“Tyler's kinda a jock and no offense but you aren’t his normal type. And though I don’t know you much, by the looks of you Iron Maiden tee. I don’t think he is your type.”

“That may be but Tyler has been nothing but kind and caring to me. He’s never lied to me.”

“Maybe your not asking the right questions.”

Before I could answer the door to the school opened.

“Heya Dawson. How’s it going?”

“Fine. Celeste are you sure you don’t want me to walk you to class?”

“She’s sure. You and the welcoming crew don’t have to worry about anything anymore. Your community service is done as of tomorrow. You never need to talk to her again. No more pretending.”

“Were weren’t pretending Celeste honestly you cant believe…”

“Your dismissed Dawson…or do you want a replay of what happened last night?”

I could hear the warning in his question. I could also hear Rian begin to walk away. I didn’t want him to leave but Tyler was making it obvious that he didn’t want me socializing with Rian. I didn’t want Rian to get hurt. I didn’t want anyone to get hurt.

“Rian you should go.”

“Yeah I think I will go check on Jack. He was supposed to meet me out here.” He said walking up the steps once the door was closed Tyler grabbed my hand.

“Come on beautiful. Lets get you to homeroom. After homeroom Marcus, you remember him, he’s gonna take you to music and then I will walk you around the rest of the day. Is that ok?”

I didn’t see anything wrong with it at all. Tyler was acting a bit different, strange almost. I didn’t like the changes I was hearing in Tyler. They were making me uneasy. Like Peter Parker would say 'my spidey senses are tingling'. It was probably nothing. Most likely I was making a mountain out of a molehill. I guess that the worst part of this day was over. All I had to do was get through my scene with Jack today and then everything would be smooth sailing.
Sign up to rate and review this story