Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

XI

by EveieLiar 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-09-30 - Updated: 2009-09-30 - 516 words

0Unrated
Thinking of You

XI

January

Coraline sighed, running her fingers through her hair. Do or die time. She put on her brave face and faced Joe.

“No funny stuff,” she said, pointing a finger at him. He nodded, his hands held up in surrender. She slowly moved across the bed to him, tentative for some reason, even though she knew him better than Travis. He held out his arms, and Coraline put a hand up, stopping him. “Whoa, cowboy. Slow. Lay down.” Joe did as he was and watched Coraline through thick eyelashes. She smiled and quickened her pace, and laid down by Joe. She still fit perfectly under his arm. She leaned into his arm that was now around her, and placed a hand on his chest. He smiled down at her.

“Now, was that so hard?” She hit him with her open hand.

“Shut up.” She said, smiling. Coraline took her stereo remote from in between Joe’s legs and hit play. Katy’s voice filled the room, and Coraline rolled her eyes at how inappropriate ‘I Kissed a Girl’ was.

“How about kissing a Joe,” Joe said with a laugh. Coraline quickly rolled her eyes, but silently weighed the options. Taking it fast was always fun.

“Sure.” Joe looked down at her.

“Really?” Coraline pulled his hair and got his head within reaching distance. And she kissed him.

ii


Coraline was amazed at how easily she and Joe fell back into routine. How easily she let her guard down, and how easily he came back to her. Travis was a hazy and guilty memory.

“You know, Coraline,” Travis said. “You didn’t seem to have much quilt when you jumped my bones. Can you just turn that part of you on and off as you please?”

“Shut up. You’re not supposed to be here.”

“Oh really? I’m never leaving you. This little delusion you have that everything will fall neatly is so wrong. Girl, you’re stuck with me. He’s going to ask what’s wrong. You’re going to tell him you’re sick, and he’s going to walk away from you. You’re going to die with the love of your life hating you.”

“Don’t you dare…”

“And then I’ll kiss you in front of him.”

iii

“You were out for awhile,” Travis said, smiling down at Coraline. She stared up into his wide, smiling face, the last bit of happiness trickling from her body.

“What?” she asked weakly. Travis brushed her hair from her forehead.

“Did you have a good dream?” he asked. She couldn’t quite grasp what was happening.

“I… where’s Joe?”

“At Patrick’s. Baby, don’t worry. I’m here now. Did you sleep well?” Travis stroked her hair gently. Confused and depressed Coraline nodded. She couldn’t believe that the perfect way to her perfect ending was a dream. She was going to have to fix this.

Travis leaned down and brushed his lips against her cheek.

“I think I’m falling in love with you,” he whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story