Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

X

by EveieLiar 3 reviews

Yeah. It's a f**k party.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-04-29 - Updated: 2009-04-30 - 1436 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

X

June

Joe remained in bed, and Jason didn’t try to pull him from it. From the large windows flooded Texan sun. As the morning grew later, Joe tried to curl deeper into the thick hotel blankets.

Cora Anne was a very quiet child, much to Joe’s relief. So when Jason went to run an errand, Joe allowed her to stay behind. She just sat, watching the Discovery Channel, her wide eyes blinking slowly. She did look exactly like Coraline.

“Aunty C loved the Discovery Channel,” she said during one commercial break. Joe smiled, but it felt more like a grimace.

“Yeah, she did.” Cora Anne turned to him, her large eyes almost swallowing him whole.

“I didn’t really see her much this summer,” she said, her eyes never leaving his. “But
I really miss her. A lot.”

“Me too.”

ii

January

“Patrick!” she shouted, standing up. Joe-Patrick’s eyebrows furrowed together. “You said you didn’t love me like that! You swore, and- and this thing with Joe being holed up in a gross hotel room..” the room seemed to spin.

“Coraline-”

“You know how I feel, and I’m high and can’t think. And you look like him!” Coraline couldn’t stand. She fell to a chair panting. She covered her eyes so she couldn’t look at him. “You shouldn’t fucking tease me!” His warm hands grabbed at her, pulling her, or pushing her into the cushion she couldn’t tell and it felt like she was on the ceiling.

“Cory! Coraline, it’s Joe. You’re high. I’m really asking, for what ever reason. Come on Cory!” Coraline shook her head, pulling and pushing.

“No,” she shouted through tears. “I was so awful to him. You. Why would he want to marry me? No, Joe, no. This isn’t a fucking movie!”

Joe-Patrick shook her. “I know, but, fuck. I’ve had two weeks to think about it. Sober up, Cory!”
iii

“He did not,” Coraline said, sitting up, her eyes wide. Patrick nodded, not knowing if he should smile or not. “No way. No possible way.”

“Possible fucking way,” Joe said walking in, gingerly placing a bag of ice to his temple. “But don’t worry, I learned my lesson after you punched me.” Coraline’s eyes widened. “And again after Patrick punched me. You were high, but I don’t know what his excuse was.” Patrick glared at his band mate and crossed his arms.

“You gave her a panic attack.” Coraline covered her face with her hands. “I don’t know what your problem is Joe. You’re up and down, down and out, in and out of love. This is the real world. Not a fucking movie.” Coraline’s head snapped up.

“Yes.” She said.

“What?”

“Yes. This is a fucking real world situation, and I love you Joe. Let’s get married. Now.”

“What?”

“Come on. Now. Fuck everything. If I’m gonna die soon, then I wanna get married. Let’s do it now, save the ceremony for later. Come. On.” Patrick stood up, his face screwed into a look of annoyance and disbelief.

“This is crazy. You are all crazy. You’re making me crazy. This won’t work, and even if it did, what about Travis, Coraline? You just gonna bounce back and forth between the two, undecided? Or what? Leave them for Justin Pierre? Fucking decide.” Coraline stood too.

“Fuck you.” Patrick rolled his eyes. “Here me Stump? Fuck you!”

“Yeah, yeah. I get it. You fuck me. Let’s be a little more proactive, okay?” Coraline grabbed at her hair.

“God Patrick! Chill with the indifference! I’m tired of tip-toeing around everyone, afraid of asking for what I want. I want a goddamn wedding with Joe-fucking-Trohman and I want it before I croak. I’m done being safe. Yes Joe. I’ll marry you.”

iv

Patrick glared at Coraline from his spot in the bridal shop. She saw him in one of the mirrors and sighed. “I’m sorry? Again.” She offered to him without turning around. “Patrick?”

“You said you didn’t want your life to be a bad fan fic. You said you hated happy movie endings,” he muttered crossing his arms. Coraline smiled and turned around.

“I know.” She said. Patrick rolled his eyes. “Things change quickly. This won’t be a movie ending. I’m going to die. And it’ll be sudden. No long good-byes.”

“Ugh.”

“So please get your ass up and help me pick out a dress, Trick.” She shuffled over and pulled his off of the seat he was sitting in. “Please?” He stood. And stood. Quiet, and thoughtful.

“Nothing poofy.”

v

“I don’t hate you,” Travis said for the seventeenth time to Coraline over the phone. She shuffled her feet. “I should of known you’d go back to him. I don’t hate you.”

“You’re real convincing,” Coraline said, rolling her eyes.

“I don’t. I just… hate ping pong.”

“Ping pong?”

“You bounced from him to me back to him, and if you come my way I’m stepping to the side.”

“Fine.”

“Fine.” The line went dead. Coraline took her phone away from her ear and eyed it. Travis was being passive aggressive, it seemed. It annoyed her. Why couldn’t her come out and tell her she was stupid? That it wasn’t fair of her to do what she did? Oh, she giggle. Because she wasn’t that important. Okay, she’s important, but not the love of his life important. He was probably a little hurt that she kept him longer than a rebound and them dumped him to marry the same guy she was rebounding with.

Ugh. Guys.

Someone rapped on her bedroom door. “Come in,” she said, still having a staring contest with the phone. The door opened and closed. She looked up and saw Joe standing in front of it, his hands behind his back.

“Hi,” he said.

“Hi.” He stood very still, watching her through his masses of hair. She felt a little uneasy with his staring. Well, she felt very uneasy. “Joe, what’s wrong?” He seemed to snap out of his ‘trance’ and grinned sheepishly at her.

“It’s just weird. Y’know? You left me for Travis, and now we’re engaged but we haven’t spent alone time together.” Coraline blinked at him.

“I didn’t leave you for Travis,” she said, raising an eyebrow at her fiancée.

“Okay,” he said taking a tentative step forward. Coraline scotched over on her bed, making room for him to sit. Joe sat and smiled at her. “But we haven’t spent much time together. I mean, you take Patrick with you for the most part.”

“Sorry,” Coraline said. “But we’ve just been dress shopping, and I want you to be surprised.”

“Oh.” He cupped his hands and stared at the floor. “Because he’s your best girlfriend, right?”

“Yeah,” Coraline said, her gaze adverted too. “Wait.” She looked to Joe, who looked back at her. They had a staring contest, before she cracked. “My best girlfriend?” Joe smiled.

“Yeah.”

“You’re saying Patrick is a girl?”

“Yep.” Coraline burst out laughing and fell backwards onto the bed. Joe followed suit, not really sure that he was that funny. Coraline turned to look at him, still giggling.

“I have no idea why that’s so funny,” she choked out. “Maybe because you just called me very girly best friend a girl.”

“You’re right, it’s not that funny,” Joe agreed. He waited for Coraline to calm down, and then laid with her. It was a very clique few minutes, because they gazed at eachother like they were a normal couple. Joe broke it by moving closer.

“I’m not having sex with you,” Coraline said sitting up and moving away. Joe’s face fell.

“I know… Could we… just… cuddle?”


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATES: My BFF Sammie is having a baby, MY GOD BABY!!!! OMG. I just got a text of the ultra sound, although it doesn't really show much because she's only 6 weeks. But it's a Christmas baby, and it's gonna get the FUCK spoiled out of it.
Okay. So I'm sorry for taking forever, I got stuck. I'm not stuck anymore.
Um... I went to the FOB show here in Charlotte. FUCKING AWESOME.
Then I had prom the next day. Woo! But that was fun too. Until next time!
PS: Follow me one twitter: http://twitter.com/Zoescandalous
Sign up to rate and review this story