Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

IX

by EveieLiar 3 reviews

"Wow. I must really be high!"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-03-09 - Updated: 2009-03-10 - 1101 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

IX

June

Joe blinked sleep out of his eyes. He watched the channels flick by each time Jason pressed the button.

“I remember the first time Coraline heard that song,” he said finally. Jason glanced over at him. “She completely freaked.” He laughed and burrowed under his covers.

“Really?” Jason asked.

“Yeah. She called Katy up and asked her why the hell she stole from her notebook.” Joe smiled genuinely. “And Katy said that it moved her so much that she had to… steal her lyrics and make a profitable song out of it.” Joe stuck his head under the covers and let out a howl of laughter. He didn’t know why it was so funny, and maybe it wasn’t. Maybe he just needed to laugh.

ii

December

Coraline tried to smile, but Joe was in shock.

“What the fucking fuck is going on? Why am I being tricked? Why are you here? In front of me? In a hospital?”

Okay so maybe not.

“Clam down, Joe,” Coraline said, trying to sit up. “I have to tell you something.” Joe started for the door, spitting curses at her.

“No, no no no no no. You could of told me something months ago!” Patrick stepped in front of Joe, blocking his exit.

“Just listen to her,” Patrick said, raising his voice over Joe’s cursing and Coraline’s bitching. There was a sharp knock on the door.

“What the hell is going on in there?” a sharp voice of a nurse asked.

“Nothing, ma’am,” Patrick said before slapping Joe in the face. “Shut up,” he hissed, “and listen to her.” He turned the taller man around and sat him down into the chair by Coraline’s bed. He pointed at her. “And tell him without being all Lifetime movie of the week.” Coraline stifled a giggle. She turned to Joe and took a deep shaky breath.

“I haven’t completely honest with you. I tried to convince myself you didn’t need to know because I loved you too much to hurt you. I don’t have very good logic, I know.” Joe opened his mouth to interject, but Patrick shut him up with a glare. “I’m sick. And… it normally wouldn’t be so bad and whatnot. I wouldn’t live past forty or something with treatment. But treatment would be a waste of time.” She looked down and played with a ring on her finger. “I have long, thin fingers, long limbs and I’m tall.

“I have Marfan syndrome. It’s a genetic disorder, and my case is severe. It’s affected my eyes because I’m near-sighted, when I shouldn’t be. It’s in my lungs which can cause spontaneous pneumothorax, which is why I’m here now. I’m mostly affected in my cardiovascular system. And… I’m going to die soon. I don’t need a doctor to tell me because I can feel it. I didn’t want to be in a serious relationship and then die, right when it’s getting good.” Coraline sniffed. “I would die hating God for that. And I don’t hate God. I don’t want to. I know he gave me a shitty situation, but he gave me Patrick, and you and Travie, and Katy and Meagan… and the best twenty-three years ever.”

Joe nodded and stood, the chair scrapping against the floor filling the room. He hid behind his hair and walked out of the room. Coraline rubbed her eyes and stared after him.

Patrick looked from the door to Coraline and back again. “I’ll be right back,” he said before running to catch Joe.

iii

“When am I getting out?” Coraline eagerly asked the second shift nurse. She was a kind yet bossy Dominican woman*.

“Soon I’m hoping,” she said doing her routine check. “But I don’t really know right now.”

“You can ask Dr. D, right?” the nurse smiled.

“Sure I’ll ask him. Until then, rest good and I’ll bring my husband by to show you that silly little dance he does when he gets something right.” They giggled together before the nurse left and Coraline was alone again.

Patrick had called her earlier to say he wouldn’t be back until later because he had to go on Joe recon, since he pulled a disappearing act.

Travis came in a half hour ago to kiss her goodbye because he had to fly to New York for something family related. Joy.

iv

January

Coraline sat on Patrick’s couch, watching reruns of Big Love. She wasn’t really paying attention. She was bored out of her mind because Patrick was enforcing the whole “bed rest” order by Dr. D. She was alone because Patrick was out at some motel trying to convince Joe to come back to his place. Travis and Coraline had a talk a few days earlier about being together. He harbored no bad feeling towards her and was easy to work with…

Coraline scrunched up her face, trying to figure out where she was going with her recap. With that thought process. Dr. D had given her some meds for something or another and so she was a little high, with the occasional delusion or hallucination.

She sighed and settled into the couch cushions more and tried to follow the story line. It wasn’t working very well.

On the other side of the house the door banged open and she assumed it was Patrick, back and unsuccessful.

“Coraline?” he called. Coraline waved her hand above her head.

“In here. Watchin’ T.V.” She heard him walk through the front room and kitchen, his steps heavier than normal. Wow, Joe musta been a real ass today. Patrick came in to the room and kneeled in front of her. She took one look at him and burst into peals of laughter.

“Wow!” She said in between giggles. “I must really be high!” His eyebrows scrunched together.

“Why?”

“You look like Joe!” She pressed her blanket to her mouth to stifle her laughter. He rolled his eyes.

“You’re not high. Look at me. And stop laughing.” Coraline took a deep breath to compose herself. Patrick made Joe look so serious… wait. What?

“Okay. Okay. I’m good.” She had to bite the insides of her cheeks to keep from laughing. Joe-Patrick took a deep breath.

“Coraline Melissa Carson, will you marry me?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Crossover! Who is this nurse and what is she from? (Bonus points if you catch the Dr.)
Sign up to rate and review this story