Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

VIII

by EveieLiar 1 review

My life is already like a bad fan fic.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-03-08 - Updated: 2009-03-09 - 1145 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

VIII

December, Chicago-L.A. flight

“Why are we going to L.A.?” Joe asked Patrick, rubbing his eyes. Patrick held up a finger and tapped away at his sidekick.

CORALINE
I’m pretty good. They have this damn tube in me, plus various other things putting other things in me. You are coming soon, right?

“Paaaatrick,” Joe whined. Patrick wrote a quick reply before pocketing his phone.

“There’s something at the studio, and I figured I bring you along.” Joe raised his eyebrows.

“We won’t see them,” Joe said, making a question into a statement.

“We’ll try,” Patrick said as they were called for boarding. “Let’s go,” he said standing up.

ii

December, L.A.

Coraline closed her eyes against the silence of her hospital room. She’d just convinced Travis to go home and shower, and now she had the comfort of silence. If you took out the heart monitor and bustling of the hospital out side, that is.

She scribbled mindless swirlies in the margins of the pages in her notebook. She was useless at writing songs, or prose. She had several pages of miss-matched one-liners. She sided and placed the notebook on the night stand.

At the door someone lightly knocked. Coraline looked up to see Katy. She smiled widely and motioned for her to come in.

“Hey,” Katy said while closing the door and pulling up a chair. She grinned at Coraline and crossed her legs. “So what’s up?”

“I have a tube in me,” Coraline deadpanned. Katy raised an eyebrow.

“Okay, other than that. How’s Travis?”

“I sent him home cause he smelled.” They giggled and continued chatting until they ran out of things to talk about. Then Katy looked down at her lap, and Coraline watched her wheels turn.

“What’s going on?” She asked finally, looking up into Coraline’s pale face. Coraline looked at the off-white hospital wall, sighed, bit her lip, before looking back to Katy.

iii

A sharp rap on Katy’s chair made her jump a mile high and promptly woke her up. She looked around, bleary eyed until she saw a stern nurse glaring down at her.

“It’s past visiting hours,” she whispered. “And you talked that girl into exhaustion, get out. Come back tomorrow.” The nurse turned on her heel and marched out. Katy sighed and stood to stretch. She gathered her things on the floor before standing at Coraline’s head. She flicked a piece of hair from her face before turning to leave. A notebook caught her eyes and she paused to look at it.

The page was mostly covered with doodles, but there were a few words.

... When I’m with him, I’m thinking of you…

… I wish I was looking into your eyes…

… How do I get better once I had the best…

… You’re like an Indian summer in the middle of winter…

… You’re the best and I do regret how I could let myself let you go…

… In your eyes I’d like to stay…


Katy pressed her hand to her mouth, touched by the simplicity of Coraline’s words. She swallowed back a hiccup as her eyes continued scanning the page. At the bottom was a quick sketch of Joe, it wasn’t perfect but it made Katy’s eyes well up, because she was truly a romantic sap.

The words were burned into her memory so she left without writing them down.

iv

June

“Comparisons are easily done
once you’ve had a taste of perfection
like and apple…”


“Turn that shit off,” groaned Joe as her turned over in his bed. The audio was muted quickly with a small ‘sorry’ from Joe’s guest.

He felt kind of bad for snapping at Jason like that, but he couldn’t listen to that song. He rolled back over to face the other bed. Jason was sitting upright with Cora Anne sleeping in his lap.

“Sorry,” he said, his voice muffled by pillows and blankets. Jason flashed him a smile.

“It’s okay. My bad.”

v

December

“Patrick, what the hell are we doing in a hospital?” Patrick was walking amazingly quick, and so Joie was having to walk quicker than him to get in his face. “Why Patrick? Look and talk.” They reached a room that read 305. Patrick rapped once. There was a weak ‘come in’. He turned to Joe and pointed to the floor.

“Stay here. I’ll be right back.” He entered the room and closed the door quickly. He could picture Joe’s stunned look in his mind but ceased as he took in Coraline. She waved good naturedly.

“Hey Trick,” she said. Patrick walked over to her and kissed her forehead. He sat down next to her and took her hand. “Is Joe here?” she asked. Patrick nodded.

“I’m glad you’re okay,” he said closing his eyes.

“I’m great. I’m getting out soon. What’s up?” Patrick sighed.

“Before Joe comes in, I have to tell you something.” Coraline nodded.

“Everything okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s just that…” Patrick looked to the floor before sighing again. Coraline pinched his hand, and he looked back up at her.

“You’re not trying to tell me you’re in love with me, and have been and will always be and that I should forget Joe and Travie and run off with you? Because my life already resembles a bad fan fic. Do not make me die prematurely Patrick Martin Vaughn Stump!” she demanded, making Patrick laugh.

“No,” he said, grinning. “I do love you, but you’re my little sister. I wanted to tell you that, and Joe is gonna be really pissed when he comes in.” Coraline sighed in relief before closing her eyes. They sat in silence for a minute. “Bad fan fic?” Patrick asked suddenly. Coraline cracked open an eye and noted Patrick’s expression before cracking up into soft gales of laughter. She patted Patrick on the hand.

“I’ll tell you about it some time,” she said, casting a glance at the door. “First, bring Joe in here, kay?” Patrick nodded, stood and placed another kiss on her forehead.

“Ready?” he asked Coraline, walking to the door.

“As I’ll ever be,” she replied. Patrick opened the door and Joe stumbled in, appearing as if he was leaning against it.

“What the hell- Coraline?” He stopped and stared at he like a deer in headlights.

“Hi Joe.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AHAHAHA.

You all thought that Patrick was deeply in love with Coraline and that he was going to tell her. Nope, wrong, negative.

Tune in next time for the big reveling and Joe’s reaction to… pretty much everything. You don’t wanna miss it.

P.S. Sorry it was so short.
Sign up to rate and review this story