Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

VII

by EveieLiar 4 reviews

Part 2 of Chapter VII. Damnit, Ficwad.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-03-02 - Updated: 2009-03-02 - 665 words

0Unrated

Part 2 of VII

Coraline sighed, before resuming her hazy motions of morning coffee. She poured her mug halfway full before tiredly shuffling to the couch and turning the T.V. on. She sat with her warm mug in her hands, just allowing the throbbing in her chest and back to lull her into a trance.

This had to be the most uncomfortable she’s been since the first night she spent here. Sure it was muted for a few hours when she decided to have Travis bone her, but when she went back to his room she sat on the bed feeling wrong.

“… Wrong?” Coraline looked up, feeling as if she ran a marathon. Travis was kneeling in front of her, his eyebrows knit together in confusion. “Baby, what’s wrong?” Coraline sucked in a breath to answer, but instead turned her head to the side and had a coughing fit. It shook her frame, and near the end she could feel Travis trying to hold her steady.

Panting, Coraline looked back to Travis. She couldn’t ignore it anymore. She was very mortal, and this was a sign.

“You have to take me to the hospital. Now.”

iii

January, Chicago

Joe never knew what Coraline saw in Katy, her best friend. He didn’t really like her music, or her “husky” voice, but ever since they both lost their partners he felt a connection to her. There are many things you can have in common once your ex’s start dating.

He enjoyed her company, although they actually really didn’t have very much in common.

Since December, Joe began making a conscious effort to be more social. He had Patrick and Andy over once a week, and visited with Katy a few times. Tonight Patrick was over solo.

They mostly watched T.V. and ate some take out.

Around nine that night Patrick’s phone rang. He hurried to dash out in the hall and answer it, while Joe rolled his eyes. Patrick’s stupid girl friend.

iv

Yet another awkward night with Joe. Patrick was secretly glad that in and hour or two he could excuse himself and return home to his warm, warm bed.

He felt his phone vibrate, and hurried to answer it while dashing into the hallway.

“Hello?”

“Patrick, do you know what’s wrong with Coraline?” Patrick felt his heart race pick up.

“What?”

“I’m at the hospital, have been since eight this morning. Coraline told me to bring her hear for, guess what? A collapsed lung.”

“That’s not uncommon for tall, skinny people.” Patrick could hear Travis frown.

“More common in males. And she’s not that skinny. What the hell is going on?”

“Um…” Patrick bit his lip, tying to negotiate a proper answer in his head.

“A collapsed lung!” Travis shouted. In the background Patrick hear a noise. Travis cover the mouth piece for a minute.

“Trick?” Patrick’s eyes widened Coraline’s thin voice.

“Cory, what’s going on?” She sighed.

“It’s pnuemothorax, which led to a collapsed lung.” Tears stung Patrick’s eyes. He closed them and leaned against the wall for support.

“Shit,” he whispered. “It’s not that bad, is it?”

“No,” Coraline said, before coughing. “No, it’s not. It could be a lot worse, but… it’s almost time. Soon. Please, come visit me.” Patrick sunk to the floor and covered his eyes with his hands.

“Do you want me to bring Joe?” He asked. Coraline was silent for a moment.

“Yes,” she said, her voice quiet and even. “Bring him too.”


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the help of many different things, I managed to get this chapter out. Today sucks bad.

Thanks Corri for everything. Um… That’s about it. You guys are closer to finding out what really is going on, and the end is not to long after that. Personally at this point, I’m excited. My first finished multi-chapter on FicWad!!! Until next chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story