Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Dirk returns!

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-10-02 - Updated: 2009-10-03 - 1166 words

0Unrated
A/N: This is the chapter in which the House references begin to come in. I think there is enough to actually make it a crossover. XD

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 93

I rubbed my temples while sitting down in the waiting area filling out another job application (Cynthia was filling one out as well). Turns out what Roark has is a simple stomach ulcer... which I could’ve diagnosed back there... at the school. The doctors gave Cynthia medicine for her bursitis. The kids were OK, though. After I filled it out, I got the surprise of my life!! Since I had worked there before and came back, they decided I should be the main doctor there and make up my own team of doctors! There were too many emotions and words to even describe how I felt! The receptionist also gave me a pager.

“I overheard what the receptionist said...,” said a gruff voice. “Can I be on your team?”

“Cyrus...?” I stared in disbelief.

“No... I’m not Cyrus, I’m his brother, Dirk.”

“D-DIRK?! OH my God! I haven’t seen you since you loaned me your Honchkrow about eight years ago! Where have you been...?!” It had been about eight years!

“I’ve been working as a doctor in Kanto for about eight years, ever since Cyrus started Team Galactic. I never wanted to be a part of it.” Ah... very wise choice.

Cynthia turned in her application and came over to where we were. “Cyrus?”

“No, I’m his brother, Dirk.”

“Oh my God... you look familiar...,” she looked at him.

“Cynthia, he’s the one that lent me the Honchkrow to help me go home, about eight years ago,” I said.

“Oh...! Oh! Oh! I think I remember you... didn’t you try to give me a Pokeradar one time?” Wow... I remember her saying that.

“Yes... and you refused.”

“I didn’t refuse, I accepted it,” I smiled. I held out my hand. “Welcome to the team.” He shook my hand.

“Thank you,” he smiled.

“And you too, my beautiful Eagle,” I patted her on the back.

“Thank you hon!” She grinned.

“No problem you two,” I smiled.

Oh là là! Lucian!” I heard a familiar voice... Fantina!

“Hey Fantina!” Cynthia and I said in unison.

Bonjour! I heard with my ears what happened!” She twirled around. “Félicitations! Trés incroyable!(A/N: pronounced: fee-li-cee-tay-tions; tray; en-croy-ah-blah [I think]).

“Thank you, Fantina!” I grinned.

“My pleasure! I think I might become a doctor!” She grinned.

“Ah... good. This place seems to be running short on doctors,” I smiled. “If you want to, Fantina, you can be a shadow but that is only if you want to.”

“Oh... what do they do?” She asked.

“Shadows watch what other doctors do,” I replied.

“Ah... interesting! I am still in college... I should have a class about being a nurse assistant!” She grinned. We all couldn’t help smiling as well.

“Anyways... are you here on a check-up?” I asked.

Oui, you are correct!” She nodded.

“Alright, come with me. You two can see if there’s any patients that need help,” I said to my new team.

“Right!” Dirk nodded.

“Yes hon,” Cynthia smiled. The two walked off to look for patients. I led Fantina to one of those rooms. I told her to sit down. (A/N: Wow... haven’t been to the doctor in like two years... I forget what all they do, really.) I checked her out... all over... she was perfectly fine. Even though the boobs... very awkward.

“Fantina,” I smiled. “You’re doing fine.”

“Oh! Great!” She grinned.

“You may go now,” I opened the door.

“Bye bye!” She walked out.

“Bye!” I smiled. I went back to check on Roark... he was doing just fine - and eating like a pig as well.

“Hey Lucian!” He grinned and gulped down a huge piece of chicken. “This food is so good!”

“You really think that?” I cringed. I don’t think it’s the best...

“Oh hey Lucian!” Maylene was behind me. She swallowed a big piece of steak... looked so good.

“Hi there,” I smiled. “How are you?”

“Mmm... fine thank you. Oh this food... so delicious!” She grinned.

“You realise that goes straight to your insurance?” I sighed. The twos eyes widened and they stopped eating.

“...Is that true?” She looked at me innocently.

“Yes, it is,” I replied.

“Oh... there you are!” Cynthia said. I turned around and smiled. I gave her the “what?” look. “You have your own office now! Come along!”

“Really?! Awesome! Anyways, I’ll see you two later,” I smiled.

“Bye!” They both said and smiled. Cynthia grinned and I followed her for about five minutes, and around about ten corners. I was quite surprised how big it was really! I even noticed I had a whiteboard with some markers... this reminded me of something, but what though? I wasn’t thinking much about it. There was also a table, with about six nice chairs. The walls were nice, too, they were painted a nice shade of light green.

“My God! I love it!” I grinned happily.

“The dean said you need at least two more people on your team,” she said.

“If only I knew who could be apart of it as well.”

“Lucian! Lucian! There you are!” said Dr. Baum. “I overheard that you become a doctor here again and now have a team!”

“You want to be a part of it?” I asked.

“Yes, please?” He begged. I nodded and smiled. “YES!! THANK YOU!”

“No problem. I need one more person then. Fantina said she might get some medical training and job shadow us. So... where is Dirk per chance? Maybe we can get started.”

Just then the dean of medicine came in. “Lucian, you have your first case,” he said and handed me a clip board.

“Ooh! Good!” I looked at it and walked over to the white board. “So he has these symptoms:,” I wrote on the board. “Testicular torsion, kidney stones, retrograde ejaculation... and enlarged prostate. Hmm... what do you two think?”

“Infertility?” Dirk said, walking in.

“You, Cynthia?”

“An STD?”

“What about you, Baum?”

“A urinary tract infection?” He scratched his head.

“All good answers, you three get 10 points.” (A/N: This is the episode when House divides everyone up into each individual teams. XD So funny when he called that one character [forgot her name] bitch XD!!!) Just then all of our pagers rang and we rushed to where ever the patient was...

“What happened?!” was all of us could say.

“Look!” A nurse pointed. The patient was beginning to convulse.

“He’s convulsing... someone try holding him down and injecting him with a muscle relaxant,” I commanded. Dirk and I held him down as Baum injected him with muscle relaxant. He stopped convulsing, for now. We all sighed in relief and sat down... but this rest probably wouldn’t last very long...
Sign up to rate and review this story