Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Getting My Baby Back

While You Were Sleeping

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

We find out what happens to Alyssa as well as what happen's while Sarah is sleeping

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] [R] [Y] - Published: 2009-10-03 - Updated: 2009-10-03 - 2290 words

2Moving
Ray pounded up the stairs and breathlessly ran into the room. There he saw onthe nightstand what had Bob so upset. Looking at her he could understand why. He could only think of one word.

“Fuck” he said as he shook his head.

Ray watched as Bob pulled out his cell phone and started to dial. He knew he had to react and react fast. So he lunged after his friend and tackled him to the floor, grabbing the phone in the process. They both laid there side by side Bob turned to Ray trying to get the phone back.

“What the fuck are you doing?” screamed Bob, “I’m trying to call 9-1-1.”

“I know,” said a breathless Ray, “You do that and whatever chance you have of getting Emily back is gone.”

Bob slowly got to his feet and looked at the figure lying on the bed, he was worried sick.

“But look at her, she looks like she’s dying.”

Ray got up and sat on the bed next to Alyssa, he put his ear against her chest and listened. He looked up at his worried friend, “She’s sleeping it off.” As if to prove a point Ray shook Alyssa and she moaned.

“I’ve seen this before.”

Once Bob realized that she was okay he wanted to know how this could have happened. He quietly turned to Ray, “Why’d you leave her? I trusted you to make sure she was okay?”

“Bob when I left she was tired and was taking a nap on the couch, something must have happened afterwards.” Ray looked at his watch and was mad, “Fuck I have to go pickup Christa. I’ll drop her off at the house and then I’ll be back.”

“You’ve had a long day too, why don’t you just come over in the morning?”

“You sure?”

“She’s going to be alright right?” Bob asked quietly.

“She’s going to be fine she just needs some sleep, you should get some too. There’s nothing more you can do now.”

Bob walked Ray to the door and shut it softly behind him. It was then that he heard Alyssa’s phone ring. He picked it up and saw the familiar number.

“Hello,” said Bob after answering.

“Bob its Gerard, is Alyssa there?”

Bob could feel his temperature rising and his face getting red, “What are you doing calling her?”

“She called me earlier and there was a misunderstanding, I just wanted to talk to her.”

“She’s sleeping right now. She’s with me now and she doesn’t want to talk to you. Leave her the fuck alone you had your chance and as usual you fucked up Way.”

“I just want to…” Bob never gave him a chance to finish and hung up the phone. He rifled through the calls on the phone and noticed that there was one call to Gerard and about ten from him. He also saw that there was a voice message. He called the voicemail number and entered Alyssa’s password, which she so innocently gave him previously, and listened to the message that was meant for her ears only. It was all making sense now. Whatever was the misunderstanding was it made her turn to the events that were now going on upstairs in Alyssa’s bedroom. Bob’s anger was at its full peak he made his way to the garage hanging on to the phone he placed it on the ground. He found a sledgehammer that was hanging along with other tools, and took it from its proper place. He proceeded to the where he left the phone and with one mighty swing smashed the thing to pieces. He looked at it and smiled knowing Alyssa would never hear the message. Bob came back upstairs and looked in to Alyssa’s room. She was now in the fetal position and looked so beautiful and peaceful. He made his way to the other side of the bed then stripped down to his underwear and laid down beside her. He wrapped his arms around her and whispered, “He’s never going to hurt you again.”

Bob was awake, had taken a shower and was fully dressed by ten o’clock. He was about to head out when there was a knock on the front door. He looked through the peephole and sure enough it was Ray.

Bob opened the door for his friend, “So how is she doing?” asked Ray.

“She’s still sleeping I was going to go out and get some coffee, I’m sure she’ll want some when she wakes up.”

“That sounds good,” said Ray. “I’m sure she’ll appreciate it. Can you get me one?” Ray asked as he started to pull out his wallet.

“I got it, why don’t you go take care of Lys while I’m gone.”

Ray went upstairs and quietly laid down next to Alyssa’s sleeping form. Soon he began to nod off until he felt movement from the other side of the bed. Alyssa rolled over and faced Ray.

“Hey there,” said Ray quietly.

“Is Bob still…”

“Nah, he came home last night.”

Alyssa’s green eyes met Ray’s chocolate ones. “I guess you’re both disappointed in me. I just didn’t want to feel the pain anymore.”

“What pain?” Ray said as he swept the hair off her face.

Alyssa moved her head onto Ray’s chest. His heart beating was always a soothing sound, “My heart aching.”

Ray looked down at her sympathetically ,“They just wanted him to cool down, I’m sorry it caused you so much pain I should have called you.”

“That wasn’t it.”

Ray was a little taken aback by her response. “So what was?”

She buried her head deeper into Ray’s chest ashamed, “I called Gerard.”

Ray sighed, “So what happened?”

“He screamed ‘I thought I told you to leave me the fuck alone.’”

Ray took a deep breath and started stroking her hair, “You’re not over him, are you?”

Alyssa looked up at her best friend in the whole world, “Do you ever get over the love of your life, your soul mate? I know it’s my fault we’re not together. I shouldn’t have lied and I sure as hell shouldn’t have brought you into it.”

Ray kissed the top of her forehead before he spoke, “Remember I was the first to keep the secret, and I still stand behind it. I’m the one that should be sorry. I’m the one that dragged you into it. Besides I know something about Mikey and that night and if Gee ever finds out I knew and he didn’t well let’s just say things wouldn’t be any different than they are today.”

“Do you miss him and playing in the band?” Alyssa saw the pain behind Ray’s eyes and knew the answer. He missed him probably as much as she did.

“We’re not talking about me. So what are you going to do about Bob, do you love him?”

“Yeah. I think I really do. I think I’m ready to put the past behind me and focus on the future, our future, probably without Emily.”

“Don’t say that.”

“How can you say that? You were in the courtroom.”

“Joanna said they’ll see that it doesn’t add up and there’s going to be an investigation. It will all work out.”

“I just don’t understand why Emily would say such a thing.” Ray just held her tighter. Neither one of them had heard the light footsteps that came half way up the stairs listening in on their whole conversation.

A week after that the disaster in the courtroom Emily was standing at the front door with a packed bag expecting to go over Bob’s and Alyssa’s. It was then Sarah told her that she probably will never have to see Uncle Bob again. When she asked why Sarah explained that what he was doing to her was wrong and he should be put in jail. Emily stood there confused then explained to Sarah that it was really Lawrence who did those things. It didn’t go over very well. Sarah lost her temper and started beating Emily leaving her bruised.

If that wasn’t enough after her mother went to sleep her father was back in her bedroom making her touch him in places no little girl should be touching any man. As the week progressed Lawrence’s advaces towards his daughter had become more and more aggressive. The previous night he wanted to know how the child’s soft tongue felt against his manhood. But tonight he had even bigger plans, tonight he would reach his ultimate goal. He was getting hard just thinking of how tight she was no matter how much he prepared her.

It was dinner time at the Howell house and Sarah couldn’t help but notice that her husband had been home every night since the fiasco in court. She started to notice the extra attention he bestowed on their daughter. He even had been mad at her for the bruises that were left after teaching Emily a lesson about lying, which he had never done before. Sarah never knew all the while Lawrence was leaving invisible bruises that would affect her for years to come.

Sarah’s POV

I watched every move my husband made at supper without raising suspicion. I wondered when he was going to do it. I also wondered for how long he was doing it. I called my father a few days ago because I was feeling drowsy all the time. After a visit to a friend of his the results came back that I was taking sleeping pills Estazolam in fact. At first I thought they got the results mixed up and I was going to sue their asses but then I remembered I saw a pill bottle from a pharmacy in my husband’s night stand. I ran up the stairs and found said pill bottle and sure enough that was what was on the label. The first time I saw it I didn’t think anything of it, but now I know better. Tonight I’ll find out why my husband wants me asleep so badly. And if what I fear is true, God help us all.

Dinner was over and we had our usual after dinner drink while Emily got ready for bed. As he was preoccupied I slowly and quietly poured the contents in a nearby plat to make it look like I had been drinking it. I finally finished and then pretended to be tired. I slipped into my pajamas as I normally did slowly buttoning up the shirt wondering what I would find out that night if anything. Maybe he was giving me a sleeping pill because of all the stress that’s been going on lately. Of course I can’t remember the last time Lawrence did something lovingly. I felt my eyes feeling heavy as my mind started to drift and then blackness.

I was startled awake by Emily’s soft cries and Lawrence mumbling something. I slowly got up feeling sick at knowing what I might find. I made my way quietly across the carpet and slowly opened our bedroom door. I could see that Emily’s door was opened from here as I got closer there I saw my naked husband on our daughter’s bed moving back and forth there was no mistake what he was doing. He had his hand over her mouth to muffle any screams. I stood there and watched as he took our daughter’s innocence. Tears were filling my eyes because everytime she told me what was happening I turned a blind eye I beat her telling her lying was wrong. What kind of parent am I? I was paralyzed by what was going on, and wanted to scream ‘Stop it.’ But nothing came out I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I quickly and quietly ran back to my room holding my hand to my mouth hoping it keeps away the bile I feel from what I just witnessed. Before I go to the phone to call the police, the phone rang. I answered it quickly trying to sound normal, “Hello.” Before the person on the other end spoke I felt a hand pulling the phone away from me.

“Hello,” said an agitated Lawrence. “Yeah I’ll be right there,” he said slamming the phone. Then he turned to me “Emily had a bad nightmare I finally got her to sleep so leave her be.”

I nodded like the good wife that I am.

I anxiously watched as he got dressed, once he was dressed and headed down the stairs I watched as he left the front door. I ran to our bedroom window to watch the car leave our circular driveway. When I felt it was safe I ran to Emily’s bedroom. She was curled up in a ball still naked, shaking and crying. I wrapped my arms around her and held her. “I’m so sorry baby.” I looked at the blood stain on her bed. It was at this moment I knew she shouldn’t be here with either Lawrence or myself she needed to be somewhere else, with someone else. “Let’s get you dressed sweetheart and out of here.”

“Where are we going?” she asked quietly still trembling.

“To see your Uncle Bob.”
Sign up to rate and review this story