Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Conspiracy Behind the Force

Fast Times

by Chicago-Kid 0 reviews

School. Horror rating because its school.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-10-04 - Updated: 2009-10-04 - 518 words

0Unrated
Legally, I was still supposed to be in school so Jack and Vera had gotten me enrolled at the local high school immediately. As much as I appreciated their efforts, what I really wanted was to find my brother and sort out what was wrong. Trigonometry was not going to help one bit with that. I didn’t need the education to get street smart.
Nevertheless, over the top of my polite protest my stubborn feet were being pushed into the Principal’s office a week after my arrival at the Bailey’s house. I wanted to go but they forced me to stay. So I decided, it could potentially be better. At least I wouldn’t be out in the cold searching in vain.
They told me that that was all they wanted in return for my stay. No board money. Jack explained in private that Vera could never have children. That was really the biggest guilt trip. What I got later was the part two of the agreement, school.
“Hello there. Ah, you must be Crystal.” the principal said, holding out his hand for me to shake. I took it.
The speech that the principla said was so repeated, I could recite it with out any revision over it at all.
“So, Crystal… where did you say you were last enrolled?” he asked, leaning in to hear me better. It was lucky I had thought about this earlier.
“I used to go to Palo Verde in Las Vegas.” I said. I didn’t ever have THAT much of a Jersey accent. I hoped.
“Okay. Did you enjoy it there?”
“Yes, very much sir.” I said, feeling like this was going to be a broken record type interview
“Do you have a copy of your report card here?” he asked.
“No she does not.” Jack said, leaning forward and answering.
“I should contact Palo…” Mr. Principal said. I held my breath. “-but I’m sure you could just take the entry test.”
Mr. Principal (his desk tag said Larry Hardfields), said, finishing with a smile.
Mr. Hardfields (shall we just refer to him as Larry from now?), continued on with a further range of boring questions that only a person like him would want to know the answer to. Finally he finished.
“Well, I think that it is safe to say, welcome to Barrington High School!” Larry said in that fake polished tone that most people of his status or higher often use.
“Thank you very much.” Vera said, shaking his hand, followed by Jack.
“I just have one final question to ask.” Larry said, arching his fingers, letting them cross, rising them again.
“Are the two of you really Crystal’s parents?” he asked
“Grandparents. Crystal’s family were wiped out in a car crash accident.”
Ironically enough that same story had been told to me. And it sure looked like Larry didn’t quite believe the story either.
Nevertheless, his smile faltered in respect and he made numerous apologies.
“See you in a week for entrance exams.” Larry said, as we walked out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story