Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Conspiracy Behind the Force

Waking Up Somewhere.

by Chicago-Kid 0 reviews

Disorientation at its worst.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Published: 2009-10-04 - Updated: 2009-10-04 - 767 words

0Unrated
The scratchy fibres of the blanket that was underneath me was the first thing I felt.
“Oh dear God, please say she’s alive!!” some male voice kept on saying. I wanted to get up and scream right in his face saying, “Yeah I AM fucking awake. Asshole!”
A muscle twitched on my leg unvoluntarily.
“SHE’S ALIVE VERA!” the male voice said. Now it sounded like there were two people. A grandfather and his grandson.
I opened my eyes uneventfully, really I could have opened them before but oh-no I had to make it ALL THE MORE dramatic. For some reason, I just enjoyed the pandemonium in the air.
A furry body jumped onto my stomach, sinking its razor sharp claws in instantaneously.
“Get off her Checkers!” an old lady’s voice screeched, her voice seeming too loud for my hearing to comprehend. In an attempt to swipe ‘Checkers’ the cat off me, the woman slammed her hand into my stomach which sent me shooting up immediately. I was too fast for her and the old man as I shocked them by remaining upright, even though I was leaning against the arm of a chair.
“Hello poppit!” the old man said, attempting to make the situation a little less awkward and a little more British-style cheerful. I figured they were English.
“Hi…” I said silently, minorly scared out of my skin. You know how you only get ‘a tiny bit’, scared out of your skin? The forced greeting was followed by a fit of coughing and spluttering.
“Oh jeez, she’s a smoker too?” that same young English-boy accent said. Jack was thinking again.
“What’s your name deary?” the woman asked. Something in the back of my mind told me her name was Vera. I answered as promptly as possible, what with my complete disorientation and lack of knowing-where-the-fuck-I-was. Vera then went on to ask where I was from. All she wanted was to know every tiny little detail of my life. No biggy.
“Vera, we can’t keep her here.” Jack said, breaking away from me.
“Why not?” she answered, looking like Pete that time he asked the orphanage if he could keep the most wrinkle-faced dog I had ever seen. We found it in the park and the tag said Hemingway. Of course the orphanage said no.
The thoughts that trailed after what Vera said touched me. Deeply. She actually wanted me. For the first time in my memory, somebody WANTED ME!!
“Have you found Pete yet?” I asked
“Is he your boyfriend?” Vera asked back. Okay, the deep feeling retracted just a little.
“No, he’s my brother. I, uh…”
I couldn’t tell two innocent elderly people that we had been attacked by creatures known only in reverse fairytales. They’d probably put me in an asylum and then I would never have a chance of finding my brother ever again.
“-we were on holiday.” I lied quickly, “We woke up and the Mom and Dad weren’t there so we went to try and find them and then… I don’t know what happened after then!”
I threw up my hands and began fake-crying as fast as possible. At first it was fake, then it became real and I’m not sure how long I remained like that.
“How old are you?” Jack asked, hand upon my heaving back
“Seventeen.”
They both gasped and I could almost see the gears working behind their glass covered eyes. All I saw was a flash of the reflection on the lenses as they turned away to talk.
“We need to take you to the police station.” Jack said, sighing heavily, “I’m sorry but we just can’t keep you here. I’m sure that it’s illegal in some way.”
Police?
“You don’t have to take me there!” I said quickly.
Images of the previous night began flashing across the metaphorical screen in my head, retelling me of the events that had occurred the previous night.
“No police!” I screamed out. Vera cupped her hand to her mouth. It was like they were watching a natural disaster unfold on the TV.
The two of them decided that I was too much of a child to hear their grown up discussion about me so they walked away again, this time into the next room.
“We’ll keep you here.” Jack said. Vera sort of squeaked. “But we are taking you to the hospital.”
“No hospitals.” I said. “Please, I’ll be fine. Just one night here and I’ll be out tomorrow.”
Sign up to rate and review this story