Categories > Original > Drama > My Life as I Know It

My Life as I Know It

by Chelseee 0 reviews

Kamby, has to move in with her mom and stepfather and two brothers all because of her lifestyel. Her father thinks that it is best that she moves. But Kamby does not want to leave her old life behi...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-10-15 - Updated: 2009-10-16 - 1484 words

0Unrated
You know how there's always that new kid in school? Well, that new kid is now me. I had to move from my great life in San Fernando Valley,California, well to what I thought was a great life, to my new life in Jackson,Michigan. This great happening of events all came about because my father thought it would be best for me, to move in with my mom and her husband Steve, and my two brothers Landon and Luke. My father said I needed to create a new surrounding in my life, and to start over from scratch. At my now soon to be old school, I got into a crowd you could say that wasn't too ideal. I started staying out later past my curfew. I never answered my phone when my father would call. I just didn't want to deal with the reality of him. I also started to drink, I liked to drink, it took away all the problems I faced and what I was feeling. It made me feel like nothing could touch me, it made me feel free. I was never really home much anymore. I was always out with my new friends. I still hung out with my friends that didn't do the things that I did now with, but they weren't as much fun. I liked to live on the edge. Maybe my dad is making me move, because I almost OD on something I took. It was probably the scariest time in his whole life, when he got the call that I was in the hospital, and was knocked out unconscient. He stayed by myside 100%. I had to have my stomach pumped. Which wasnt' too fun when I had woken up. I was in the hospital for a total of three days. They were the longest days it seemed like in my life. My father was not too happy about what I had done. Though, he was greatful that I was alive, he gave me the biggest talk I have ever faced in my life. When he told me that he had called my mom, and told her what I did, he said that she hysterically broke out into tears. I felt so bad for having to hear him say that. I never was one to talk with my mom, and when it came to hurting her I felt awful. From there, I knew something was up. When he started moving his mouth saying that I was going to go live with my mom in michigan, that's when I broke out into hysterics. I could not believe that my dad wanted to ship me off to my mom's to face a new reality. I didn't want to believe it, but I had too. It was going to be my new home until I could shape up, or just going to be my new home forever. I did not want to leave my father behind. Who was my father going to take care of when i'm not around? He is going to be all by himself. How are my friends going to react when I tell them that I have to move, and it was already almost half way into to my sophomore year. How could I just up and leave everything behind. I wanted to graduate from the high school that I'm at not some Michigan high school. There's not much I could do, my fate had already been decided, I was leaving that weekend. I had been packing all week. I only had to pack my clothes and some things that I used all the time. I already had a room at my mom's house, and a bunch of other things, even thogh I only visited her sometimes over the summer and some holidays. My friends didn't take to well, to my leaving. My boyfriend,yes I have a boyfriend, or at least had a boyfriend since he broke up with me because he didn't want to deal with the whole long-distance relationship thing. I was crushed after that. My life was already going down hill, but now my boyfriend breaks up with me. The whole plane ride over from Cali to Michigan I was in sobs. I wasn't really one to cry, but I think I actually loved Connor. We had been going out for over a year. He was the one I lost my virginity to. I know that's totally lame to say, but it was true. When I got off of the plane, Steve was waiting with one of those signs that said my name;Kamby(Cam-bee). I walked over to him and he gave me a big ol' hug.

"I see you guys are all about hugging out here." I said sarcastically
"Oh, sorry. It's great to see you, I told your mother I would pick you up so she could be surpriced when she sees you." He said
"That's cool." I said with a shrug

We walked out to his truck. It was a really nice and big truck. It was an f-150. It was a sleek black color.

"Nice truck you have here Steve." I said patting the seat
"It's new, just got it last month."

The rest of the car ride to my mom's was kind of quiet and awkward. I never really talk to Steve when I come out to visit my mom. When we pulled up in the long drive way, I noticed that they had done some work to the house. It was a two story house made of brick. It had a huge front porch with two collumns by the steps. There was a path from the driveway that led to the front of the house. There were flowers there, which were kind of in hiding since there were fall leaves all over the ground. It was kind of chilly out here too. I was use to the hot weather in Cali, that i forgot that it got chilly here. When I stepped on the front porch with Steve, who was carrying all of my bags the front door swung open and my mom greeted me with a big ol' hug too. I also forgot that here they also have to weird accent on how they talk.

"I've missed you soooo much!" She said dragging out the so
"Ya, same here." I said as she finally let go of me
"So, how was your flight here?" she said taking some bags from Steve
"It was alright I guess. I was kind of lonely." I said
"Well, you wont be lonely anymore." She said with a huge grin

As I walked in I got blasted with a big burst of heat. They had maple hard wood floors. Right in front of the door was a huge stair case leading to the upstairs. There were two hallways that were open on either side of the stairs. On the right of the stairs, was a room which was the dining room. On the left side was another room, which was the living room which had nice clean white shaggy carpet. It smelled really nice too. It smelled like backing apples. I wasn't so use to all of this, with living with my father. We never burned candles and had a woman in the house to decorate besides me, which I didn't.

"Your brothers are out with their friends. I told them that you were coming and they just left anyways." Mom said
"Hah, typical brothes." I said

Mom and Steve helped me carry my bags to my now perminent room. There was also white shaggy carpet in the open area when you went up the stairs. My room was on the left. They all had big wooden doors. I opened the door, it looked the same as I left it last time I came to visit. All the rooms upstairs had white shaggy carpet. My walls were painted a hot pink and I had black accents, like picture frames,trim, my queen sized bed frame, and tv, which they upgraded and put a plasma on my wall.

"Thanks for carrying my things." I said
"No problem." They say in unison
"Well, if you need anything just hollar and i'll call ya when dinner is ready." She said pointing to the new intercom system they had installed in every room.
"Wow, you guys have really done a lot since the last time I visited."
"Yeah we tried to fix 'er up a bit." Steve said

They shut the door as they left my room. I went over to my bed and laid down. Not like my one back home, but it's still soft and comfy. I was so tired from all of this moving and the flight that before I knew it, I seen the sun shining in my eyes from the windows in my room.
Sign up to rate and review this story