Categories > Books > Harry Potter > loves blossom

chapter 2

by katiensean 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-19 - Updated: 2009-10-19 - 1728 words

1Moving
Neville’s seventh and Luna’s sixth year was very disturbing to all the students that were attending Hogwarts that year. Professor Snape the same person who had killed Professor Dumbledore the previous June was named Headmaster of Hogwarts. This along with all the things the Ministry was doing such as rounding up all the muggleborns and prosecuting them for theft of magic had caused a great deal of stress among the students. The biggest cause of stress was the fact that their leader was not returning to Hogwarts that year. Harry Potter had not returned to school when the Hogwarts Express had left Kings Cross station that first of September. He along with Hermione and Ron were missing. Most all believed that Hermione had left the country to avoid the Ministry arresting her and they believed that Ron was home gravely ill. They all wondered where Harry had gone. His friends knew he would not abandon them. The Ministry was also looking for him. As the Ministry had been taken over by Lord Voldemort’s minions they had put a price on Harry’s head claiming that he was wanted for questioning about the murder of Professor Dumbledore.

Once everyone had arrived, Neville saw that he was going to have to spearhead the leadership of the students. He along with Ginny and Luna were the leaders of the resistance against the administration of the school. They could not believe that the man who had murdered the headmaster was appointed to his post. That along with the appointment of the Carrow`s as DADA Professor and muggle studies Professor. From what Neville could determine the Slytherins had taken over the school.

The three students decided to bring together some of the remaining students who were interested and re-establish the DA. But they decided to change the name from Dumbledore`s Army to Potter`s Army. Therefore, the DA changed to the PA

The PA was made into a fighting force. Except they were not fighting Voldemort at the time but his minions who had been appointed to torture the remaining students at Hogwarts. You see every magical child who was of school age had to attend Hogwarts. Unless of course you were Muggleborn then you were not allowed to attend.

The members of the PA spent most of their time pranking the Carrow’s and Professor Snape. The Carrow’s did not take kindly to this and then started torturing the students involved. Moreover, just to make things worse they would also use the younger students as learning tools. The older NEWT students were ordered to use the younger students for target practice for some of the more nasty curses. Those that did not participate were punished severely themselves. The punishment included things like whippings and lashings. Some were hit with nasty curses and others were sent into the Forbidden Forest for detention. The detentions were mostly given out by Professor Snape. This of course confused the students as they were expecting punishment that was much worse than a detention with Hagrid. These were the least harmful of detentions.

All during this time, the other teachers were trying to protect the students. They would not send any students for punishment with Professor Snape. Every class they would try to make it very clear not to push their luck and upset the Carrow’s and Snape. The Professors would have left as a protest to what was happening but if they did who would have protected the students that were there.

One night Neville, Ginny and Luna were out after curfew. They were going to paint the walls with PA slogans. They got the idea from the incident in Ginny and Luna’s first year when it was Ginny who was painting the walls with the threats regarding the Chamber of Secrets.

They had just finished when one of the Carrow’s came along the hallway. They were hidden when the graffiti was found. It took a great deal of restraint not to laugh as Alecto Carrow had a hissy fit. She was threatening to hide the person or people who were responsible for all of this. Of course, she couldn’t do anything unless she could catch them actually doing the graffiti. Snape had laid down the law about that. They must have been caught doing the graffiti and not just suspected. This upset Alecto as she wanted to get those Gryffindors who she was certain was doing all of this.

She then tried to clean the paint off the wall but found that as she tried to clear the paint more words would show up. Tormenting her about how ugly and stupid she was. It would insult anyone who tried to remove the words. Even when Mr Flitch tried to help her, the insults changed to him.

In the DADA, classes that most students had decided should be called just DA for Dark Arts they were learning all about the darkest of spells. They would routinely use stunning spells on each other. The Slytherins seemed to love this, as they would be partnered up with a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw student. The Slytherins would take great pleasure in stunning their fellow students over and over again. If one of the other students would get in too many stunners, the Professor would stop the duel. This of course would not happen if it were the other way around, then the duel would go on and on.

It was Christmas of that year that things started to get serious for the older students. On the train ride home for Christmas holidays Luna was kidnapped off the train just before it got into Kings Cross station. She was there one minute and gone the next. Her friends tried to find her but everyone had thought that she had just gone with her dad because he was nowhere to be found either. It was strange that she did not say goodbye but with the emotional upset that was going on it was brushed off.

It was not until the trip back to Hogwarts that all her friends noticed she was not there. Neville, Ginny and some other friends were all sitting in one of the compartments on the trip back trying to figure out what had happened. Luna disappearing was very upsetting for Neville. He somehow felt that he was responsible for it. He should have kept a closer eye on her during the trip home and when they got to the station. He felt that it was his responsibility to keep everyone safe. He now realized what a burden this feeling was on a person. He would wonder how Harry had handled this for all these years.

There was some talk that she and her father had gone into hiding as their home had been destroyed during the Christmas break. No one was sure what had happened. The Weasley’s had noticed the destruction during the holidays. They all hoped that was what had happened, as it was widely known that Mr. Lovegood and his magazine had always been a supporter of Harry.

What everyone didn’t know was that Mr. Lovegood had been threatened to stop supporting Harry or else. Well the or else was the kidnapping of his daughter. She was to be held until such time as the death eaters felt he had learned his lesson.

Luna was held at Malfoy manor in their basement along with Mr. Ollivander. Mr. Ollivander had been kidnapped months earlier as he was a renound wand maker. He was needed to make a wand to counteract the spell that would not allow Voldemort to duel Harry and win. He had tried to curse Harry in the summer, when they fought in the skies over London on that summer night his wand had not performed properly even though he was using Lucius’ wand instead of his own. Mr. Ollivander was unable to explain why this had happened. He had been routinely tortured for information but was unable to give any.

He and Luna were found in the cellar of the manor when the golden trio Harry, Hermione and Ron were captured and brought to Malfoy Manor for the reward money. It was there that they were rescued from by Dobby the house elf. He took them all to Shell Cottage. Shell Cottage is the home of Ron’s older brother Bill and his wife Fleur. It was also there that Dobby died for his actions. Bellatrix Lestrange stabbed him while he was popping away from the Manor.

Luna was amazing. She seemed to take all that had happened to her in stride. Her main concern was Neville, Ginny and her friends at school. Especially Neville. She told all of them about how brave Neville had been and how he had taken over the reins of the old DA and how they had all decided to change the name to the PA. All she really wanted to do was go back to Hogwarts to keep fighting alongside Neville. She couldn’t stand thinking he was all alone there. Ginny was now in hiding with her family so she had not returned to Hogwarts after the Easter holiday. Luna knew she couldn’t return without endangering her father and Neville.

It wasn’t until the day of the final battle that Luna saw Neville again. When she arrived into the room of requirement, which is where most of the “resistance” was staying for safety’s sake. When the two of them saw each other, it was if the rest of the world had disappeared. They each just walked towards each other and embraced. There were no tears as there really was no time for tears. They did take the time to partake in one of the most amazing kisses ever. They each put all of their feeling into that kiss. Once the kiss was over, they each whispered to each other about their feelings.

Once the battle was over and Voldemort was defeated along with his death eaters Luna and Neville could be found in a small very cramped broom closet just holding each other. The shock of what had happed had just hit them. It was over..... THE WAR WAS OVER. They were free to go on with their lives. Or so they thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story