Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Dad's painful secret

by GalacticFTW 1 review

:O

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-10-19 - Updated: 2009-10-20 - 2591 words

0Unrated
Chapter 24

“Wow Dad… this is so good!” I gulped down some fruit salad he had made just from random fruit he had found. “Since when could you cook like this?!” I said sarcastically after swallowing a nice piece of perfectly smoked fish. I looked up at him and grinned.

“I had to teach myself, I guess… I’ve looked through hundreds of cookbooks… any cooking term such as ‘broil’, ‘poach’, ‘bake’, I can do it…,” he gloated. “Oh sorry! I’m gloating… aren’t I?” We all nodded. He blushed slightly.

“You should make us some poached eggs,” Jade grinned.

“Yeah… food…,” I drooled. Marie giggled.

“I would love to see what else you can cook!” She grinned.

“Can you make wine or beer?” I said sarcastically.

“Yeah, only if I had the right equipment, I can. I’ve tried it and it came out pretty good,” he grinned. “I have a summer home in Pewter City, so I can teach you guys how to make some.”

“What are we waiting for, why don’t we get a move on?” I smirked.

“Umm… it’s actually my aunt and uncle’s, so I’ll have to ask them to give me the keys… but that’s only if the spare key isn’t there in the hidden spot. Anyway, what’s the point on going to Johto when I can be with my son…?” He patted me on the back. “Are you going to go through Johto, though?”

“That’s our plan,” Marie grinned. She gulped down a bunch of grapes. “These are so wonderful!”

“I know; what exactly are they…? They certainly aren’t the grapes that are found in the stores…,” Jasper mused. “Are they wild grapes per chance?”

“Yes they are, they are called fox grape; they have their own unique musky smell… too me it’s like gold,” he chuckled. “I used to make wine from these grapes; even though it’s inferior.” We all drooled, except Jasper of course. “Oh I forgot to mention, table grapes are made from a cultivar from these grapes.” We all nodded. We all got up and continued to walk on through the winding trails.

“Ugh… where is Viridian City…,” I groaned. I sniffed the air. “Something’s coming…,” I looked around. A Buizel jumped out in the open. “Whoa, what’s a Buizel doing here? Buizel aren’t found around here…,” I eyed and sniffed it. I noticed how it shined yellow and silver instead of orange and blue.

“It’s a shiny…,” Jasper gasped. I sniffed it again.

“It’s also a female, too,” I smirked. “Who wants it…?” I asked nicely. “Of course, Jasper shall have the honour.”

“Go Squirtle…!” He let his Squirtle out. “Squirtle, use Focus Punch!” He grinned. I wondered how his Squirtle had learnt that…. I noticed how the Buizel’s claws glowed and slashed down on Squirtle before it could punch her. “Use Zen Headbutt then!” He commanded. I watched the Buizel closely; her body became encircled in water while flying through the air. “Counter it with Aqua Jet too!” Squirtle did the same and the two bashed into each other hard; they both fell to the ground; Squirtle had fainted. “Go Pikachu!”

“Since when did you get a Pikachu?” I blinked.

“Remember before that Steelix chased me? Well that’s when I got that Pikachu,” he replied. “Pikachu, Volt Tackle!” His Pikachu began to light up; she (because of the notched tail) started to run while engulfed in bright yellow electricity; she tackled the Buizel hard, causing her to faint. My memory of what happened six years ago started to return…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback, six years ago

“Quick Pikachu, Volt Tackle!” A bratty kid named Ash yelled out. His Pikachu began to run while engulfed in electricity (while calling ‘Pika, pika’ simultaneously); it almost tackled into Toxicroak.

“Stop it now,” I commanded Toxicroak. He swung his arm high in the air, about to hit Pikachu but the kid’s Chimchar tackled Pikachu, saving it but Toxicroak ended up hitting the Chimchar instead…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present

“Stanford, are you there?” Jade waved her hand in front of my face.

“Huh… yeah, yeah,” I blinked. “My memory is starting to return…,” I sighed forcibly. I looked up to see one of Jasper’s poke balls clicking. “Nice job, you got a shiny!” I grinned.

“Thank you Dad!” He grinned.

“You’re welcome,” I smiled and everyone else nodded. We continued to walk to Viridian City. After about twenty minutes of walking, we had finally made it! “Awesome!” I grinned and turned around to see that everyone was lagging behind. “God, you four are so slow…” I waited a few minutes and they caught up.

“Staaaan… we’re tired…,” Marie groaned. I chuckled.

“Aww come on, you guys need more exercise!” I grinned.

“I’m perfectly fine,” Émile nodded. “I walk all the time.”

“I suppose you do Dad,” I nodded. “Anyway… I had an idea if it doesn’t offend you Dad,” I looked over at him.

“Oh? What is it?” He looked at me. “Please don’t worry about offending me though, people do it all the time to me…”

“I was wondering if we could get a DNA test maybe.”

“That wouldn’t be a bad idea…,” he nodded.

“That’s a good idea Stan,” Jade nodded. Marie agreed as well.

“So, is there anywhere we can get one?” I looked at Dad again.

“Hmm… not that I know of, but we can check out a hospital,” he thought. “Oh yeah, the one in Vermillion City!” Everyone nodded. We quietly walked through the gate of Viridian City. I sniffed the air…

“Ohhh…! What’s that smell! It smells so good…,” I sniffed heavily.

“Ohh,” Dad chuckled. “Viridian City is famous for its Cosmopolitan,” he nodded.

“Oh… that sounds good, haven’t had any in awhile,” I grinned.

“What exactly is it?” Jasper asked.

“It’s a cocktail made from vodka with cranberry juice and sometimes a lime peel,” Marie replied. “I love it; I haven’t had any in awhile either. I still prefer brandy though…”

“Yeah… brandy’s good…,” Jade nodded. Jasper looked at us funny. “Aww poor little guy can’t have alcohol,” she chuckled and rubbed his head. I sniffed the air again.

“Apollo has been through here…,” I growled slightly. They all looked at me funny.

“Right… let’s split up and look for him… Stan you come with me,” Dad nodded. “Marie, Jade and Jasper go together… I’m sure we’ll be able to find him.” All of us nodded; the three walked off in the opposite direction. I sniffed hard… nearly losing his scent.

“Dad… I’m losing his scent, he must have flown off somewhere,” I sniffed as hard as possible. I turned around to see Dad picking up something. “What is it?”

“It’s a glove,” he replied while picking it up. I cocked my head. “Here, see if it’s his or not,” he held it up to my nose and I sniffed it heavily.

“Yes it is,” I nodded. “So that’s why the trail ended… I swear he’s flown off somewhere,” I looked up in the air to see nothing but blue sky and fluffy, pretty white clouds. “Come on… let’s find a hotel…,” I groaned. “I’m exhausted and my nose hurts…” I heard my stomach again. “And I wasted all of my energy, so I’m starving…”

“Come on; let’s see if the others found anything, can you sniff them out?” He asked.

I groaned. “Fine, but you owe me dinner,” I said sarcastically.

He chuckled. “Fine, fine.” I sniffed as hard as I could.

“Found them,” I began walking as fast as possible to where they were.

I finally found them about ten minutes later. “There you are, did you find anything?” I asked.

“No… we couldn’t find anything,” Jade sighed. Marie and Jasper scowled.

I heard my stomach again. “Starving…” I looked and Dad and smirked evilly. “He owes me dinner!” I chuckled evilly. Marie and Jade snickered. “I have to take a piss though…,” I thought.

“Even though you’re my dad’s brother, you still owe me a date, uncle Émile!” Jade snickered.

“Oh what the hell, might as well…?” He shrugged. “Even though you are related to me, it won’t hurt.”

“Can we find a place to eat or hotel or something please?” I looked at everyone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ah… relief…,” I sighed in relief while taking a piss. (It was a bathroom in a restaurant; Dad says if we keep on moving as we are now, we can get to his summer home in about two days). I walked over to the sink and stared into the mirror. “Look at me… I look like a zombie…,” I groaned while mumbling to myself. Dad walked in.

“Hey what are you doing, talking to yourself?” He chuckled. He groaned forcibly.

“Dad… are you all right?” I turned around.

“It… it just really hurts to urinate…”

“Y-you should go to the doctor…,” I sighed.

“I have… it’s a long story, but to make the long story short, I-I,” he muttered. “I broke my penis…,” he faltered. “It-it hurts every time… for about 24 years…”

“T-that’s about how old I am…”

“Yeah…,” he blushed. “Let’s just say…,” he looked down. “Never mind…”

“No Dad… you can tell me…,” I walked back to the mirror and stared into it. “I have something pretty embarrassing as well… but now’s not the time of course.” Dad walked up next to me.

“Yeah. Let’s just eat dinner for now,” he nodded and we both walked out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Wow that was good…,” I grinned while we were walking to the Viridian Forest.

“I know – best apple pie I’ve had in awhile… it’s definitely better than mine!” Dad chuckled. We all chuckled at him.

“I thought you were a good cook,” Jade mocked.

“Hah… I can cook but I don’t think I’m the best!” He looked at her. The two’s eyes locked. I waved my hand in front of their faces.

“You there?” I asked sarcastically. The two snapped out of it and they looked at me funny.

“Oh… sorry,” he blushed slightly. “How in the world can I be attracted to my own niece…? Sure, she turns me on but… she’s still my niece…,” he thought. Jade blushed too.

“Yeah… sorry…,” she nodded. “How in the world am I attracted to my own uncle?! Sure, he’s cute but… he’s still my uncle…,” she thought. I was wondered what they were thinking of, because I could sense brain waves floating through the air. I cannot fully describe what it feels like, except if someone is in an empty room (has to be extra, extra quiet) and can hear that odd buzzing noise or it’s somewhat like tinnitus (ringing of the ears).

“So Dad… I know you are a policeman, and used to be a talk-show host, but what did you get your degree in?” I looked at him.

“I got my degree in criminal justice and some psychology… I can tell if people are lying or not.”

“Like the show ‘Lie to Me’?” Jasper asked.

“Well not quite like that, but I can tell by the tone of voice or microexpressions – they’re hard to explain really, but I can try. Let’s say… hmm…,” he looked at Jasper. “Let’s say you accidentally broke something important. Are you going to lie about it? Well, let’s just say you are. A microexpression is a brief, involuntary facial expression shown on one’s face to conceal or repress an emotion. They can never be faked; hence, why they are involuntary. Now… do you have a secret you can lie about?” He asked and stared into Jasper’s face. We all stopped walking and sat down on the ground (in the grass).

“I don’t have anything,” he lied.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV

“You lied… I saw your lip twitch,” I grinned. “I know you have something… but it’s OK if you don’t want to tell me right now. I think maybe I describe microexpressions a little better… let’s say you,” I looked at Stanford. “You were asked ‘how are you?’ and you reply ‘great!’ but really you aren’t, you’re feeling quite bad. You actually might quickly flash a feeling of despair. Microexpressions only last up to 1/25th of a second… they are extremely hard to see, but I can guarantee you, I had to go through hours and hours of photos of people… it was hard but I made it.”

“T-that’s incredible…,” Stan stuttered. He looked up. “I smell rain. Let’s move on.”

“Great idea,” I nodded and everyone got up.

“You know Dad… we need a real battle… maybe once we get to your summer home?” He asked me.

I chuckled. “Sure, that’d be great. I must warn you – I will not go easy on you.”

“Same to you,” he smirked. “Hang on… I have an idea…,” he mused. “I know how we can get to Pewter Town faster.”

“How?” We all murmured.

“Go Hyacinth!” He chucked a poke ball out and out came a huge brownish-black and tan-bodied Hippowdon. It, or he, was a large beast: he was probably the largest Hippowdon I had ever seen. His muzzle and back were darker than what a normal Hippowdon’s would be, and the shade of yellow on his body was certainly different. Even its jaws were larger than a normal Hippowdon’s, and his eyes were, too: they were a shade of pink instead of red. Sand spilled out of the ports on his back. “This is Hyacinth, Dad, Stan smiled. Hyacinth nuzzled him happily.

“Wow… he’s certainly beautiful, I don’t think I’ve seen a Hippowdon quite like him before,” I grinned.

“Hippo (hi there)…,” he walked up to me and nuzzled me, too.

“He’s certainly friendly, too,” I chuckled. He walked off and nuzzled everyone else. We all laughed at him. “What’s your idea anyway?”

“Well… Hippowdon can run through the sand, so I thought maybe we could ride on his back like a surfboard,” he grinned.

I almost burst into laughing… but I held it in. “Doesn’t seem like a bad idea, might be dangerous though, and there such quite a few trees.” Hyacinth lied down on his stomach and we all hopped on. I happened to accidentally sit down in one of its ports. Stan shrugged. I guess it didn’t matter.

“I’ve done this before… alee, go Hyacinth!” He commanded. We all held on as the gigantic creature began to ‘swim’ through the dirt, avoiding trees and rocks all together. This creature was certainly mercurial!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I collapsed on the ground because of pure terror. “Stan… you never told me how scary that would be…,” I mumbled. He helped me up.

“That was fun! Can we try again Dad?!” Jasper grinned.

“Sure thing,” Stan nodded. Jade and Marie grinned.

“I love it that was fun!” The two girls said simultaneously.

“Right… we’re almost there,” I nodded and we walked on…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Also, you if you really want to know what happened to poor Émile, I’ll tell you later on. I haven’t yet because it’s very embarrassing for him. XD

Oh yeah, Stan is almost 24; he is 23 right now.
Sign up to rate and review this story