Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Athazagoraphobia

3

by Lauren-xo 0 reviews

3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-10-21 - Updated: 2009-10-21 - 1334 words - Complete

0Unrated
I had the day to myself.

Mikey was at college, and I had no work to catch up on, that I know of. So I was free to do what I wanted, just for today.

I had no idea what to do, but I'll find something.

I got dressed in my black skinnies, a white dress shirt with a black vest, and a red tie. Yes, this was casual clothing for me.

There was nothing to do inside the house, so I decided to walk around, hoping for some place to stick out for me to go to.

I sighed when I found no where to go. Why do people want time off work? It's so boring. I would rather be working right now. It's not very often I have a day of doing nothing.

Sighing once more, my feet directed me to the side of a building, where I stopped to have a smoke.

I placed the cancer stick in between my lips, and searched for my lighter. Once I found it, I flicked it, causing the little flame to appear, and I brought it the edge of the cigarette, lighting it and having smoke escape and rise into the air.

I took a drag, blowing the smoke into the wind, away from my face.

As I brought the stick to my lips again, out the corner of my eye, I saw a female figure walking up the street, with her face down.

Don't tell me how I know, but I knew it was that Ivy chick from yesterday. The weird one that keeps running away like I have some contagious disease.

Why do I keep seeing her everywhere I go? Is she following me?

When she got closer, I decided I was gonna ask her.

"Hey you. Ivy is it?"

She stopped and looked at me, wide eyed, as ususal, "Yeah." She replied.

I took another drag, "Are you following me?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "I think I should be asking you that. I see you everywhere."

"I was at a signing yesterday, of course you would have seen me. Are you stalking me? And why do you keep running away when I talk to you?"

"Don't flatter yourself Gerard, why would I be stalking you? I've been trying to forget you for three years, but it hasn't worked. When I thought it was, I see your name on some comic book."

I shook my head in confusion, "Forget me? What the hell? You don't even know me. Who the hell are you? And you never answered my question about running away."

She looked around, and sighed, "Can we talk somewhere warmer? Starbucks?"

I thought about it a moment, and decided to accept, seeing as there was no other way I would get the answers I wanted.

We walked to Starbucks in silence.

When we got a table, I ordered us some coffee. I sat back down as we waited.

"Okay, we're here, now talk." I hissed.

She sighed again. I'm guessing she does that a lot, "What do you wanna know?"

"Why you keep running away from me."

She was silent a moment, finding words to describe her actions, "I have this...condition, well, it's not really a condition. I'm not sick or anything. I have a phobia -"

"So you're scared of me?" I asked half joking.

"No, well sorta. I don't know where it came from. But when I moved here, three years ago, I got this phobia because of you."

I was confused as fuck, "Because of me? How can you get a phobia from someone you've never met? What is the phobia?"

"Athazagoraphobia."

"Athaz-a what now?" Why do phobia's have such stupid names?

"Ath-az-a-gora-phobia. It's a fear of being forgotten."

My mouth made an 'o' shape, "And you think I've forgotten you?" She nodded, "I'm so confused. I've never seen you in my life...although I admit, you do have a very, very tiny familiar...look about you."

"You said you would never forget me. I gave you my number and you promised to call, but you didn't. You promised a lot of things, but you broke every one of them."

I didn't know what to say, so all I could say was, "I'm sorry."

But she ignored that completely.

"You worked at the hospital in Jersey yeah?" I nodded, "You lost your job there?" I nodded again, more slowly, "And why was that?"

I thought long and hard, yet I came up with no answer to her question, "I-I don't know. Oh my god, I don't know why I was fired."

I was starting to worry. Had I been in an accident or something, causing me to forget?

"Gerard, you lost your job because of me. We...we were in love three years ago. I was your patient when I was 16 years old. We couldn't control ourselves, we couldn't just deny our feelings, they were too strong."

I ran my hands through my hair, "I don't remember, I don't remember any of that. The last thing I remember in Jersey, is when Mr Jones died of a heart attack."

She nodded violently, "Yeah, then you came to my room with skittles and told me about it."

I squinted, "I don't remember. If you were part of my life back then...everything about you has been blocked from my mind."

She frowned, tears forming in her eyes, "Just the parts with me in?" I nodded sadly, "Oh...I gotta go, my mom will worry if I don't go home soon." And with that she rushed out the door.

I didn't get it. I was now totally confused and sad that I couldn't remember her. How could I forget someone like her, she's hardly forgetable.

I sighed and went to get my coffee, then realizing Ivy never had hers.

Ivy's POV.

LA at night is probably one of scariest things. All you can hear are sirens, Breaking glass and screams. Even from on top of the hill at the park that's still all you can hear.

I Couldn’t believe he had forgotten all about me, it’s like all knowledge of me was gone from his brain. I didn’t want to be forgotten, I wanted him to remember me forever.

“Hey kid, it’s not safe to be sat out here at night” I knew that voice from somewhere.

I Turned around and waited for my eye’s to adjust to the light so I could see who it was. My eyes went wide when I realized it was the kid Gerard was sat with at the coffee shop.

“I Know, but I don’t want to go home” I mumbled under my breath.

He looked at me with wide eye’s before coming and sitting down on the bench next to me.

“Why don’t you want to go home” He asked.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked. I needed answers.

“Sure, go ahead, I’m Mikey by the way.” He said looking at me.

“Well, your brother Gerard, used to be a doctor at the hospital in Jersey, well I’m the reason he got fired” I Said quietly.

“How” Mikey asked.

“We couldn’t deny our feelings towards each other, and I was only 16” I Was remembering and I didn’t want to.

“Really, oh god, he always got himself into all sorts of shit” Mikey laughed lightly.

“He doesn’t remember me though, Do you know why” I asked hopefully.

“I Have no clue sweetie, I Wish I could help, but I can’t, I’ll talk to him yeah, see if I can get anything out of him” Mikey said.

“Thanks, I better be getting back, it’s getting cold and my Mom will worry” I Mumbled standing up.

“See ya later, kid” Mikey said before walking off in the other direction.

I Made my way home that night, through the darkness, hoping to god Mikey would find something out.
Sign up to rate and review this story