Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Ordinary Boy

Chapter 02

by XXblackrocker91XX 4 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-22 - Updated: 2009-10-22 - 2234 words

2Original
"Madison, pay attention!" Mr. Carter retorted and I cringed.

Mr. Edwin Carter is my Literature and World History teacher. I have one on one lessons with him everyday. It's horrible. I have to force myself to listen to his freaking endless chatter about The Cold War, Humanism and The European Renaissance. Oh for God's sake! I already knew all of that. My role is to just sit my butt here for two whole hours and listen to him every freaking day. Even if I knew everything.

"I'm sorry" I muttered and just looked down on my book. He cleared his throat and eyed me for a second before speaking in a rough voice,

"Adolf Hitler lead the World War II, joining up with two allies forming the axis power. . . . ."

I sighed and just flipped absentmindedly on the thin pages of the book that was lying lifelessly in front of me. I hate this. Why do I have to learn all about this? Why can't I just be the normal girl that goes to school everyday and live a normal life just like all the teenagers out there? Oh yeah, I forgot. My parents are too stern and light headed, that's why. I mentally rolled my eyes and just stared at Mr. Carter. I hate this old man. He thinks he knows everything and he brags about his knowledge of 'Literature and History'. Come on, everyone knows the history of World War II. His discussions are boring. I'd rather watch my mom paint than listen to his boring lessons. His words are also lacking of passion and emotions. I'd hate to break it to him but he looked unprofessional.

I wish my mom and dad hired a better teacher. At least, a happy looking one. I stifled a laugh at this thought and he quickly snapped his eyes on me. I suddenly cleared my throat and straightened my back, motioning him to continue on his discussion. He was about to open his mouth when a soft knock interrupted him from his speech and he instantly rolled his eyes, groaning to himself. The door opened lightly and Elizabeth stepped inside the room. I smiled and she looked at Mr. Carter.

"I am so sorry to interrupt your lesson Mr. Carter, but Mrs. Taylor wants to cut it off early because I believe they're going to the museum today." Elizabeth stated, and I grinned.

"What museum?" I asked, and she averted her gaze from Mr. Carter.

"I forgot. . .but it's Bellagio Gallery Art or something" My eyes widened with excitement and I nearly jumped out of my seat. That means I can go to Smoothie Hut again.

"I'll get dress now!" I stated while hopping out of my seat and dashing out of the room. I can hear Mr. Carter muttering some things to Elizabeth.

"I'll just come by again tomorrow. We have a lot of lessons to catch up abou----"

I rolled my eyes and just ignored that old man. Oh please, I won't let anyone ruin my day. I went straight inside my room and decided to get dress as fast as I can.







I found myself, getting out of my mom's car and swiftly focusing my gaze to the small shop across the street. I smiled lightly and followed my mother inside the museum. I brushed my dress softly and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ears. I was met by a large sea of rich people, chatting away with others and just looking at the paintings. I felt out of place but then I realized, I was one of them. I resisted the urge stop and run back inside the car. I took a deep breath and continue to walk, ignoring the tiny voice inside my head that was screaming "Turn around! Turn around!".

I looked straight ahead and just pushed pass them, trying not to make an eye contact. I focus my mind into other things and just paid attention to the paintings beside me. I could hear a faint music playing in the background. It was Ludwig Van Beethoven's Fur Elise in A minor. I smiled and just tapped my fingers lightly on my lap. I continue to feign a smile as I made my way to my mother who was talking to that old man again. I rolled my eyes and just tugged down on my dress, my hair was tied up in a messy bun just like my mom wanted it to be. I brace myself as I neared them.

"I'm sure my husband is going to love this" My mom stated and I cleared my throat, cutting off their conversation. The old man turned to me as well as my mom.

"Oh! Before I forgot, Mr. Hamilton. This is my lovely daughter Madison" She stated and ushered me forward. The man held out his hand and I shook it lightly.

"I'm Daryl Hamilton, owner of this fine museum" he smiled and trailed his eyes around the room. I just nodded, feigning a smile.

"My daughter can play piano and violin. She also speaks three languages. Spanish, German and French" My mom bragged and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Very impressive" Daryl smiled and I laugh monotonously.

"You and my son will totally get along really well. Maybe some time you can grab a coffee with him" He suggested and my mom gasped with delight.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Did I hear that right? This old man actually wanted me to go out with his son?

"Oh that would be lovely" She gushed and I remained silent, not even expressing any emotions.

No. No. No. No. No! I don't want to meet his spawn! This is so absurd. What are they thinking?

I clasped my hand together and just fiddled with my fingers nervously. I cleared my throat and spoke,

"I'm sorry, may I go to the restroom for a minute?" I asked weakly and my mom just smiled, not even noticing my frail voice.

"Of course, dear. When you're done. You can go and explore all the lovely paintings here." She stated and I nodded absentmindedly. I turned around and walked straight ahead, not even bothering to look around me. I was furious. How could they do this? Of course, I don't want to meet his son. For all I know, he could be an arrogant, egotistical boy and I really, really want to deal with that, right now.

I quickly made my way out on the plush door and dragged my feet down the steps of the museum. People were rushing pass me and I eagerly strolled across the street. I pulled my hair down and toss the scrunchie aside. I smiled and let my hair soak under the radiating sun. It felt good to be free. I love the feeling. I finally made it to Smoothie Hut and I grinned. I pushed the door open and a familiar smell hit my nose. I smiled even wider. I let myself in and my eyes landed to the boy that I've met yesterday. He was just standing behind the counter and cleaning the table with a small piece of clean cloth, just like what he's doing yesterday. I let out a small laugh and he suddenly looked up. I caught his gaze and he grinned.


"Hey, welcome to Smoothie Hut!"

I chuckled and averted my gaze from him. I trudged toward the nearest available seat and I quickly flopped down, shifting my body a little bit to face him. He went out of the counter and walked toward me, holding a large piece of menu on his hands.

"So, what is your order?" He asked. I smiled as he handed me the menu. I scanned the whole piece and settled into a simple one. I looked up and he shot me a small smile.

"I'll have a strawberry kiwi smoothie" I exclaimed and he took the menu from me.

"Good choice. Coming right up ma'am!" He saluted.

I chuckled and shook my head as he skipped toward the counter. He cracked me up. I don't know why but he cracks me up in every single thing he does. I don't know him. I don't even know his age and name. All I know is he's the boy on the counter who serves smoothie to people and brings smile to their faces. There's something about him that makes me want to know him more. He seemed fun and feisty. I'm guessing he's living a happy life with a happy family. Well, I'm curious about him. He just seemed so alive and cheerful. It's almost not fair, but then who am I to judge? I envy him for having such a high spirit.

I sighed and just stared outside while fiddling on my dress, a habit I've picked up whenever I'm thinking on something. Well, right now, I'm thinking about my exam tomorrow. I almost groaned as I realized that I haven't reviewed my notes yet. Mr. Carter will surely be mad at me if I get a low score. I exhaled heavily and threw that thought out of my mind. I've got to stay positive.

I heard the blender going off and I shifted on my seat. After a few seconds, I heard a muffled voice in the background. I turned my gaze to the boy-on-the-counter-who-cleans-off-the-table-everyday and just stared as I listened closely. He was singing. His voice was low and soft but I could still hear some of the words. I leaned into my seat and listened again. Wow, he's really good. His voice was really beautiful. He poured the smoothie on a tall glass and the place suddenly went quiet. He stopped singing and started to make his way on my table. I quickly straightened my back and pretended that I wasn't watching him nor listening to his voice. He suddenly smiled as he neared me. He placed the smoothie on my table and I grinned.

"Thank you" He just shrugged and pulled the seat beside me. I stared and he flopped down on my side, shooting me a wide smile. I chuckled and looked around me. The place was dead empty. I was the only customer. I frowned and stared at the boy beside me.

"Is it just me? Or am I the only customer that goes here everyday?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Nope, you're just early. People never go here in the morning. Well, sometimes there are some who goes here really early, including you but yeah, people goes here after school or after work. This place is usually full every afternoon and every weekend." He babbled and I smiled at him.

"I'm glad that I'm not the only one who goes here. This place is really awesome. It's plain and cute and just so simple. I love it." I grinned and my eyes trailed on the small beautiful pattern of drawings on the wall beside me. He laughed and looked at me.

"Really? Some people doesn't like this place. They said it's so simple and boring." I gaped at him and just shook my head.

"No, it's not. This place is really great and I mean it" I seriously said and he chuckled.

"You're different" He stated and I smiled.

"You're different as well" I giggled and he suddenly held out his hand, clearing his throat a bit.

"I'm Brendon by the way" I beamed and took his hand, shaking it softly.

"Madison" He looked straight into my eyes and smiled softly.

"You have a beautiful name" He stated and I blushed, looking down quickly and taking a small sip on my smoothie. My eyes almost bulged out of my sockets as I sipped once more. Oh my god. This is really good. I looked at him and smiled.

"Wow. This is the best smoothie I've ever had" I stated and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really?" He asked

"Mmhmm" I nodded while sipping on my smoothie. He chuckled and just watched me.

"When I was young, my mom never really dragged me to some ice cream shop or smoothie store. Instead, she'd drag me inside a museum full of paintings and arts. It gets pretty boring, I tell you. And if I behave well, the reward I'd get is a freaking ticket to a ballerina show. So instead of getting an ice cream or a smoothie. I'd get an uninteresting ballet show. I mean, come on! That is so not. . . .fun" I sighed and I looked at him. He was staring at me, his forehead was etched with. . .confusion? I guess. I quickly buried my face on my hands and just groaned, my face flushing red.

"Oh my god, why am I telling you this? That is so embarrassing." I muttered shyly and he chuckled. I slightly jumped as he pulled my hands away from my face. He was staring at me with a small smile plastered on his face.

"I swear, you're different. There's something about you that really intrigued me so much" He stated and I stared into his eyes. I smiled softly and just looked away.


I've only known this boy for like a day and I already felt like I knew him forever.



A/N:
I would be really ecstatic if you guys leave a comment. I just want to know what you guys think about this story.
Sign up to rate and review this story