Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Ordinary Boy

Chapter 01

by XXblackrocker91XX 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-16 - Updated: 2009-10-17 - 3129 words

0Unrated
Martin H. Fischer once said that "Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth."


Well I say, Life's a bitch and then you die. It is true. Life is not a two-time thing. You live once and then you die fast. Every time I see people on television stating that their life is really great and magnificent, I'd just scrunch up my nose and tell to myself that they're wrong. They're definitely wrong. Life is not magnificent. It is terrible. Well, at least for me. Life has never been great to me. You think that being the daughter of a famous painter and a multimillionaire businessman is perfect and wonderful?


No. Definitely not.


You could say that I have everything. I got everything I want. I live in a huge house full of art, glamour and rules. I have a private tutor who comes in our house every single day just to talk about Literature and World History. I've traveled Europe because my mother wants me to know that there are more to life than just being cooped up inside your room doing nonsense things like writing. She said that writing will not amount to nothing. I wanted to talk back and say "Writing is an art, you grab a pen and let your thoughts unleash feverishly as you write on the thin crisp paper. Just like what you're doing in your paintings, you grab a brush and let your imagination flow."

But I couldn't just say that to her. I'd rather shut my little mouth than to hear her endless rant about life.


See?


People doesn't really know the real meaning of life. I'm not saying that I know the true meaning of it. I just wanted to discover something. I wanted to have an adventure. I wanted to go out there and explore some other things. I wanted to be free and find the real meaning of life.

But being rich isn't really helping. How can I find the answers If they always keep me away from the world. I know, I've been to a lot of places. But those places are for rich people and I feel like I don't belong there. I just want to go to a place where everyone is equal and happy.

So you see, being rich is not really wonderful. You live by the rules. You breathe by the rules. You have to look perfect and you have some important responsibilities to take care of. Like taking a few advanced lessons, attending some important meetings and events, travelling to other countries and obeying the rules of your parents.

I am not your average teenage girl.

I am different.

I am different from the rest and I hate it.

I just want to be like them. I want to be like those normal teenagers who are living a normal life.

Time will come and someday, I am going to reach my dreams. I am going to have an adventure. But there's only one problem.


I just don't know where to start.


A soft knock erupted inside my room and I turned my gaze to the door. I slowly sat up on my bed and brushed my hair with my fingers before clearing my throat and speaking in a soft voice,

"Come in"

My door creaked open and it revealed, Elizabeth. Our housemaid. Her age is around 30 and she has been our maid ever since I was young. She took care of me when I was a child until now. I adore her because she's kind and sweet. I smiled at her and she dragged herself in. Her eyes were gleaming with happiness as she shot me a small warm smile.

"Good morning, Madison. Breakfast is ready, downstairs. Your mother is waiting for you" She grinned and I just yawned. She chucked a little bit as she trudged toward my window, pushing my curtains apart and allowing the sun to light up my room. I squint my eyes and looked away.

"Thank you, I'll be there in a minute" I croaked and rubbed my eyes lightly. She shot me a small smile and strolled out of my room, closing the door quietly and leaving me here all alone. Silence enveloped the room and I groaned loudly before pushing my covers away from me and forcing myself to stand on my own.

It's another new day.

No wait, scratch that.

It's another boring day.

I rose up from my feet and stretched out my arms. I pushed my hair back and started to walk out of my room. My mind was still asleep. I couldn't comprehend what was happening right now. I still need a few more hours of sleep. I spent all night, reading the enormous book that my tutor gave me about the World War II. He's going to give me a long exam tomorrow. I clutched my head and just groaned. I wish I could just disappear right now.

I walked down the stairs and trudged toward the dining room. I found my mom sitting on a chair and reading a book. I grouchily made my way to the table and flopped down on the chair. My mom instantly gave me a look as she saw me slouching on my chair. I sighed and stared at her, knowing what she will say next.

"Do not slouch!" She exclaimed and I just took a deep breath, straightening my back and sitting like a young lady. She eyed me for a minute, her eyes telling me that I should behave properly. I looked down and then she finally went back to reading. Without another word, I lifted my fork and ate my breakfast quietly. We were like this everyday. I'd wake up every morning and eat my breakfast quietly as my mom reads her book. My father always go to work early. He'd come home late and the routine repeats over and over again. I sighed mentally and just continue to eat my breakfast. I wonder what will I do today? I want to do something fun. Of course, my mom's idea of having fun is to read and paint. Sometimes, she'd call me and ask me to come watch her paint because she wants me to learn something about art. I'd always resist myself to groan or roll my eyes because I find it boring. But sometimes, I can't deny the fact that my mom is a really great painter. Her works are well known and I admire her for that. But then sometimes, I feel like she wasn't my mother because she love her paintings more than me. Well, fame gets to her head easily.

"Es vestido, mi querida" My mom suddenly spoke and I lifted my gaze up to stare at her. She said to get dressed. I nodded quietly and spoke softly,

"Bien"






I sat quietly inside my mom's brand new C4 Picasso. She bought the car last week and to be honest? I hate it. I hate the smell and I hate the look. She thought it was 'fantastic'. Well, it wasn't that great. I sighed and just sat back on my seat while looking out on the window. I could see trees and houses as we pass by the road. I don't know where she is taking me. She just said that we're going to see some spontaneous things. When she mentioned 'spontaneous', I shuddered instantly and only one picture came into my mind.

Museum.

I suppressed a groan and just rested my head on the window. I hate museums. It's boring and not really interesting but then I thought to myself, I've been to hundreds and thousands of museum and I've forced myself to learn everything what my mom wants me to know about art. So call me a loser for being able to know every piece of paintings and famous artist in the whole world. Though, I cannot believe I've had the patience to listen to them all. My mom doesn't really acknowledged my presence when we're in museums. She'd focus herself into all of the arts and paintings around her, forgetting that she has a daughter beside her, following her like a lost innocent child, craving for attention. I then learned that I have to be by myself if I have to learn something. I learned how to be independent just because my own mother doesn't really know I exist.

The car suddenly stopped and we pulled up into a curb. My eyes trailed around me, instantly landing on the huge building in front of me.

"Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Museum" I read out loud and I almost cringed. I looked over my mother and she turned off the engine, getting out of the car excitedly. I exhaled heavily and opened the car door, forcing myself to stand on my own feet. I closed the door behind me and glanced at my mother who was practically running inside the museum. I just shook my head and followed her inside. Once again, I was left on my own. I stepped on the clear marbled floor of the museum and let myself in. I looked around and quietly walked down the wide aisle, my eyes automatically trailing on the paintings beside me. I've seen this all before. I don't know why mom never gets bored with these. I mean, come on. She had been to millions of museums now. She knows everything about these artists. Why is she still wasting her time going on and on about these paintings everyday? I will never know the real answer to that. I finally caught up with her and she was talking to an old man who was presenting her all of Andy Warhol's paintings. I can't stand the sight of this place. I'm not saying I don't like art. It's just that, it gets pretty boring when you go to the same place over and over again.

"So I heard that you are going to extend this lovely place to add up some new paintings" My mother exclaimed as her eyes beamed with such delight.

"Oh yes. . .yes, I was planning to add some of your famous paintings in here. So that other people and children may also see how beautiful your works are, Mrs. Taylor" The old man replied. My mom seemed to perk up a bit and she smiled. I sighed and just looked around me. I really want to get out of here. I'd rather lock myself inside my room just to be here. I swiftly cleared my throat and spoke,

"Mom. . . .I'm just gonna go--"

"Oh that would be really lovely! I'd be glad to participate in your new project!" She gushed and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Mom. . .May I go to the--"

"The place will be extended up to the back and we will add your paintings and some other stuff that may be available to advertise the new museum" The old man cuts me off and I shot him a look. Well, he didn't really noticed me.

"That's really nice. . I might agree---"

"Mom!" I finally spoke loudly and she swiftly looked at me, her eyes glaring at me real hard. I stepped back a little and just forced a smile.

"What is it?" She hissed.

"Well, I'm just gonna go to the restroom" I quickly said and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Just go, dear" She said sternly and turned around swiftly to talk to that rude old man again.

"So. . .where were we?"

I exhaled heavily and just turned on my back, walking out of the museum instead of the restroom which was located on the right. I cannot believe my mother is wasting her time here and I cannot believe she dragged me all the way here just to be left out on my own and have her own moment with these paintings. I walked straight ahead, not really caring if I'm making the biggest mistake of my life.

". . . .and this one is the famous Guernica painted by Pablo Picasso in the year 1937"

I heard the man beside me and I cringed as I watched those little children listening to him attentively. I quickly made my way out and breathed a sigh of relief as I stepped out of the marbled floor of the museum. I looked back and just scrunched up my nose. I am never going back in there again. Ok, maybe my mom will drag me here tomorrow again. I could feel it. I am sick of this place. Not because of the paintings but because of the people in there. I groaned loudly and just walked down the sidewalk. I decided to ignore them and just clear my head for once. I was met by the busy street of Las Vegas. People were rushing their way to work and some people were hanging out inside a cafe. I smiled as I looked around me. I inhaled the fresh air and lifted my arms lightly as I soaked my skin under the sun. It felt good. I haven't been outside a place without someone actually following me around, making sure I was safe. Well, this is a good start. I trailed my eyes on the road and I suddenly saw a small structure of what seemed like a shop across the street. I looked closely and squinted my eyes lightly.

"Smoothie Hut" I muttered. The place looked so small and it was squished between the two huge cafe. It was perfect. It looked so simple and neat. I smiled and decided to crossed the street to check out the place. My feet touched the ground eagerly as I neared the small shop. This is definitely more interesting than being in a museum all day. I could feel this tingling sensation inside me as a thought crossed through my mind. This is definitely it. I am going to explore life by starting into small things. I've been waiting for an exciting thing to happen for me today and this is definitely it, so far.

I finally found myself standing in front of the shop or whatever they call it. This place intrigued me so much. I don't really know why. Maybe because it looked so small and cute? I don't know. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. I was greeted by the sweet smell of strawberry and vanilla. My lips curled up into a small smile and dragged myself in. I looked around the place and slowly stepped my feet forward. It was larger on the inside than what it appeared on the outside. The decorations were amazing, a thick stripes of red, yellow and green were painted on the walls and the neat drawings of cherries and other fruits were marvelous. The colours were fantastic. Though, the place was empty. There isn't any people in here. How could such a lovely place be so empty like this? They deserve more customers. The place was plain and simple. I just love it.

"Hello! Welcome to Smoothie Hut!"

I slightly jumped and swiftly turned my gaze on the boy who was on the counter, wiping the soft and smooth table with a clean cloth. I didn't notice him there.

"Oh. . .uhmmm . . . H-hi" I stammered and smiled. I swiftly walked toward the nearest table that I could find and instantly flopped down on a chair. The boy on the counter was staring at me intently and I quickly looked away, focusing my gaze on the road outside. I watched as people pass by and I smiled to myself lightly. This felt really good. I wanted to just be in here all day and watched people as they have an adventure of their life.

"Uhhh. . . .Do you want anything?" The boy stated and I tore my gaze away from the road to look at him.

"Uhmmm. . No, thanks" I smiled and he nodded, shrugging his shoulders lightly before getting back on his work. I took this as an opportunity to study his features. His eyes were deep chocolate brown and his hair was messy, it was sticking out into different places but it looked good on him. His lips were full and his eyebrows were furrowed like he was in a deep thought or something.

He looked. . . Okay. I guess.

He suddenly looked up and caught my gaze. I felt a rushing feeling inside me and I blushed lightly, tearing my gaze away from him and went back to stare on the road outside.

"You know, we also charge people 10 bucks if they're just going to sit in here and not order anything" He stated seriously and I looked at him, my eyes widening with horror. I jumped out of my seat causing him to chuckle.

"Oh! Uhmm . . .I'm sorry! Just wait a second. . ." I gasped and dug into my pocket to get ten dollars. I groped for some money and my face went pale as I realized that I don't have my money with me.


Oh my god.


He must've read my expression because he slowly broke out into a loud laughter and just shook his head.

"I'm sorry. . . .I'm just kidding" He muttered and I backed away a little bit.

"Oh. . ." It was all that I could muster for a moment. He stared at my expression and he dropped his smile.

"I'm sorry. I was just kidding. I hope you're not mad"

"No! No. . .I'm definitely not mad" I smiled and just pushed the lose strands of hair away from my eyes. We stared at each other for a moment, our gaze not even breaking and after a few minutes we both suddenly laughed.

"So you're not really gonna order anything?" He asked and a small smile crept up on my face.

"Not today. I don't have my money with me" I stated and he just smiled.

"That's okay. Maybe you can just go back tomorrow. I guess" He muttered and I nodded.

"Yeah, sure" I smiled one last time and started to make my way out.

This is definitely the most exciting event that happened to me this whole day. Maybe this will be the beginning of my adventure. I grinned to myself. I can't wait to go back in there again. The place was really nice and quite splendid. It was simple but cute. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be an awesome day. Everything seemed to turn out great lately and I love it. My lips curled up into a wide smile. The boy on the counter was really nice. He was funny and thoughtful.


He was different. Well, at least for me.





So uhmmm...this is my new story.
Comments?? pretty please ((:
Sign up to rate and review this story